Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    edited October 7
    Do you know it's so cool about this upcoming trip? I wanted to travel to Australia with PJ touring fans back in 2006.

Better late than never!

Man, my kid's having a rough time in school. Kids here are so mean. 30 of them just beat the s*** out of a 13 year old girl at the beach last weekend. Counting down the days, trust me.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,663
    Hope those criminals get arrested and punished
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    Those kids need a dose of reality.  
    Those kids need a dose of reality.  
    Seriously.... but oh no if you spank a child is abuse... but look what they can do. 
  • Couple questions: Is there an early entry for Golden Circle at either Melbourne shows? Is there any difference between Ten club Golden Circle and regular? Or was the only Ten Club perk a pre-sale?
    "Life, has nothin' to do with, killin' time"-  All Night
  • NiktoNikto Posts: 136
    edited October 17
    Couple questions: Is there an early entry for Golden Circle at either Melbourne shows? Is there any difference between Ten club Golden Circle and regular? Or was the only Ten Club perk a pre-sale?

If I remember correctly, the Ten Club tickets Golden Circle/GA perk was early entry to the first Melb show.  I don't think there was Ten Club tickets to the 2nd show. But I can't find that email now.

Post edited by Nikto on
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
    edited October 18
    My child's foods teacher at school said my daughter should try some kangaroo while she's down under.

Do you guys eat the kangaroos?
  • juswiljuswil Posts: 38
    Spunkie said:
    My child's foods teacher at school said my daughter should try some kangaroo while she's down under.

Yep we do. Not to everyones tastes but it's high in protien and iron and low in fat. 
    PJ Melbourne 18-02-2003
    PJ Melbourne 20-11-2009
    PJ Melbourne 24-01-2014
    EV Melbourne 19-02-2014
    PJ Auckland 08-11-2024
    PJ Auckland 10-11-2024
    PJ Gold Coast 13-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 16-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 18-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 21-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 23-11-2024
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,174
    Spunkie said:

We do, you have eat it rare as it can be tough if you over cook it. I wouldn’t say it’s in everyone’s fridge, but more likely in restaurants etc…
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Been there 4 times and would never... 
    Why do you say that?
    Why do you say that?
    1) I gave up all meat in 2016
    2) I follow a roo rescue in Alice Springs, couldn't do it
    3) My friends there think of them as large rats, but a national symbol. I wouldn't eat an eagle or a rat
    I’ve lived here all my life, 45 years, and I can honestly say that I’ve eaten Roo once. Most avg Australians never have. Some say it’s sacrilege, some would straight out refuse. To be fair it’s not a common practice but is more common than it was even 20years ago. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 790
    I’ve lived in Australia for 18 years,  never tried or wanted to, but I’m a little “fussy” with what I eat.  I’ve only been offered kangaroo once and that was a jerky,  hard pass.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    I say yeah... nah.... to Roo.

I am convinced not too.
    I am convinced not too.
    🙂🙂🙂
    edited October 19
    Now...I can't wait to get my bag of snakes to eat at the shows! 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,487
    I am convinced not too.
    But… it’s delicious!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited October 19
    We’ve had a change of plans and my wife can’t make it to the first Sydney show, so I’m going to be taking our 10 year old to his first gig instead. We told him this morning and his jaw dropped. He loves PJ and it’s all he plays in the car so he can’t wait until November!

Currently enjoying a lazy Saturday morning watching the PJ Special on Rage with him. Good times  =)

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    We’ve had a chance of plans and my wife can’t make it to the first Sydney show, so I’m going to be taking our 10 year old to his first gig instead. We told him this morning and his jaw dropped. He loves PJ and it’s all he plays in the car so he can’t wait until November!

Currently enjoying a lazy Saturday morning watching the PJ Special on Rage with him. Good times  =)

I forgot about the Rage special. I’m sure I’ve seen it all before though 😉 Probably can stream it these days 🤷‍♂️
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    goldrush said:
    We’ve had a chance of plans and my wife can’t make it to the first Sydney show, so I’m going to be taking our 10 year old to his first gig instead. We told him this morning and his jaw dropped. He loves PJ and it’s all he plays in the car so he can’t wait until November!

I forgot about the Rage special. I’m sure I’ve seen it all before though 😉 Probably can stream it these days 🤷‍♂️
    Yeah there was nothing new. Mostly the videos for the singles, the MTV Awards Animal, a solo Gone, and some Avocado-era interviews. Still fun to see again though.

(Tim Rogers)
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,712
    Spunkie said:

Never tried it and never will.  Where I live in the country we have wild kangaroos around our house and I love it 
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• MattayMattay Posts: 36
    Roo is very nice when cooked properly.  Very rich.  Lean and high protein.  Over cook it though and it becomes very tough.

Crocodile is like chewy chicken.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    Mattay said:
    Roo is very nice when cooked properly.  Very rich.  Lean and high protein.  Over cook it though and it becomes very tough.

Crocodile is like chewy chicken.

I never had crocodile. - but I did try an alligator nugget at a Cajun restaurant once. It was also quite chewy. One taste was enough for me. 
    edited October 21

jFC

Any Indigenous Islanders on the board?

Others: How do you feel about your Indigenous senator protesting against Colonizing Charles' genocide, asking for their land back?
  • juswiljuswil Posts: 38
    Can we leave politics out of this board and stick to the tour? 
    PJ Melbourne 18-02-2003
    PJ Melbourne 20-11-2009
    PJ Melbourne 24-01-2014
    EV Melbourne 19-02-2014
    PJ Auckland 08-11-2024
    PJ Auckland 10-11-2024
    PJ Gold Coast 13-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 16-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 18-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 21-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 23-11-2024
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,712
    Spunkie said:

jFC

Any Indigenous Islanders on the board?

Others: How do you feel about your Indigenous senator protesting against Colonizing Charles' genocide, asking for their land back?
    https://community.pearljam.com/categories/a-moving-train

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Ok. Back to the kangaroo food 🥝 
    edited October 22
    I am enjoying learning about your country. I wonder how the colonization compares to other England's conquered countries? I did a masters degree and it had universities from around the globe so I got to know a South African lady. Sadly, none of the Australians joined in that cohort (they must all be in jail, hahaha). I got to say - the Europeans were smart as a whip!

I will not share my findings with you here tho! Breath easy, head above the sand.