Options

Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

17891113

Comments

  • Options
    KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    Coshie said:
    2nd Gold Coast show a chance?
    It was never rumoured, and the dates don't work for a few days between venues and a night between shows
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,758
    JT167846 said:
    So no 10C early entry for the second gigs given there was no lottery. Got a GC ticket for the second Auckland gig at least.
    Me, too. *insert shit eating grin*

    I'm glad for this second show in case my airline changes dates. It's common, sadly.


  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,594
    bertz said:
    This ticketing system is a disgrace. I got 2 tickets through 10C for Melbourne on the Saturday but there is more people that want to go. I was added to the "waiting list' for the Melbourne shows so can't buy tickets for either of them. 
    If this is the bands system then they are losing touch with the fans. Locking out long term fans from buying tickets isn't a good look.
    So you are frustrated you got tickets through the fan club.  

    Was there a waitlist for these shows?    I got the codes for the second shows and was easy to get.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,594
    Got the second Sydney show with golden circle.  Awesome!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,331
    So cool that Sydney got a second show. I can't afford this time around so Thursday will be my only show of this tour
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,331
    Just saw that "PJ Premium" seats for Saturday were almost $500 each! Madness.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    My situation is mostly my own fault. I had been a fan club member for years (15xxxx) and have been to every PJ tour to Aus but I dropped membership last year as I was not convinced they would ever tour here again. Signed up again a couple of days before the announcement but thought I would get seats rather than GC so decided to risk the Ticketmaster presale but got wait listed. 

    Cest La vie! Happy for all those who got the tickets they wanted! Should be great shows.
  • Options
    bertzbertz Posts: 3
    bertz said:
    This ticketing system is a disgrace. I got 2 tickets through 10C for Melbourne on the Saturday but there is more people that want to go. I was added to the "waiting list' for the Melbourne shows so can't buy tickets for either of them. 
    If this is the bands system then they are losing touch with the fans. Locking out long term fans from buying tickets isn't a good look.
    So you are frustrated you got tickets through the fan club.  

    Was there a waitlist for these shows?    I got the codes for the second shows and was easy to get.
    As you can only buy 2 tickets through 10C if there are more people that want to go you have to enter the "raffle" for other tickets.

    I didn't get selected to access the sale and was put on the waitlist. There has been another show announced and I still can't access tickets to it because I'm on the waitlist and haven't' got a code. 

    So people who purchased tickets to the first show using the code can use the same code to purchase them for the second show and any other show in Australia, while the people on the waitlist can't purchase tickets for any show.

    That's not the right way to go about it.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 843
    Spunkie said:
    JT167846 said:
    So no 10C early entry for the second gigs given there was no lottery. Got a GC ticket for the second Auckland gig at least.
    Me, too. *insert shit eating grin*

    I'm glad for this second show in case my airline changes dates. It's common, sadly.


    Yeah I booked the works flights with Air New Zealand as I could change them. With the second date now I don't need to. Jetstar yours?
    Stars are suns to other people.

    Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 134
    So I got GA for 2nd Melb and Golden Circle for 2nd Syd show.

    I got Golden Circle for both Melb 1 and Syd 1 though the 10C.

    Stoked.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,971
    Hypnotoad said:
    My situation is mostly my own fault. I had been a fan club member for years (15xxxx) and have been to every PJ tour to Aus but I dropped membership last year as I was not convinced they would ever tour here again. Signed up again a couple of days before the announcement but thought I would get seats rather than GC so decided to risk the Ticketmaster presale but got wait listed. 

    Cest La vie! Happy for all those who got the tickets they wanted! Should be great shows.
    There will be fan to fan with these shows. You will get face value tickets if you puts some time in. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Hypnotoad said:
    My situation is mostly my own fault. I had been a fan club member for years (15xxxx) and have been to every PJ tour to Aus but I dropped membership last year as I was not convinced they would ever tour here again. Signed up again a couple of days before the announcement but thought I would get seats rather than GC so decided to risk the Ticketmaster presale but got wait listed. 

    Cest La vie! Happy for all those who got the tickets they wanted! Should be great shows.
    There will be fan to fan with these shows. You will get face value tickets if you puts some time in. 
    I'll keep an eye out. Thanks! 
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    KPLATT said:
    Anyone know what the premium tickets get you?
    A lighter bank balance by the looks of it.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 279
    Holy sheet…..6 Shows here we F’N come! Yeeeeiiiioooooowww! 
    Doing Golden Circle now for Auckland N2, Gold Coast, Melbourne 1 & 2 and Sydney N1 & N2. 
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,331
    goldrush said:
    So cool that Sydney got a second show. I can't afford this time around so Thursday will be my only show of this tour
    Oh shit... what did I just do?

    Just grabbed Golden Circle for Sydney 2 :o

    I couldn't help myself. Still, at least I've got 9 months to pay the bill!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,028
    So I got one 10C golden circle ticket for Gold Coast, but I've talked my wife into making the trip with me. Do I need a code to purchase the 2nd? Golden Circle looks to still be available in the public sale at the moment, but I can't get in.  Would like to grab tix for the 2nd Auckland show as well if it's possible.    
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    RA99183RA99183 Sydney Posts: 32
    bertz said:
    bertz said:
    This ticketing system is a disgrace. I got 2 tickets through 10C for Melbourne on the Saturday but there is more people that want to go. I was added to the "waiting list' for the Melbourne shows so can't buy tickets for either of them. 
    If this is the bands system then they are losing touch with the fans. Locking out long term fans from buying tickets isn't a good look.
    So you are frustrated you got tickets through the fan club.  

    Was there a waitlist for these shows?    I got the codes for the second shows and was easy to get.
    As you can only buy 2 tickets through 10C if there are more people that want to go you have to enter the "raffle" for other tickets.

    I didn't get selected to access the sale and was put on the waitlist. There has been another show announced and I still can't access tickets to it because I'm on the waitlist and haven't' got a code. 

    So people who purchased tickets to the first show using the code can use the same code to purchase them for the second show and any other show in Australia, while the people on the waitlist can't purchase tickets for any show.

    That's not the right way to go about it.
    I agree, that’s really tough. Especially when you can buy up to 6 tickets per code. The maths don’t really work out at all.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,758
    JT167846 said:
    Spunkie said:
    JT167846 said:
    So no 10C early entry for the second gigs given there was no lottery. Got a GC ticket for the second Auckland gig at least.
    Me, too. *insert shit eating grin*

    I'm glad for this second show in case my airline changes dates. It's common, sadly.


    Yeah I booked the works flights with Air New Zealand as I could change them. With the second date now I don't need to. Jetstar yours?
    Air canada, jetstar to GC
  • Options
    pjermakopjermako Melbourne, Australia Posts: 5
    FYI - from 6pm local times, remaining tix will become available without the need for a code, for anyone who missed out.
  • Options
    IB172289IB172289 Posts: 17
    It looks like there is a ton of tix still available for Sydney.   GC still available for both.   Surprised a 2nd show was added at this rate. Would be surprised if either sells out.  
    What are the other shows selling like?
  • Options
    pjermakopjermako Melbourne, Australia Posts: 5
    Yeah the queues on TM for Melbourne were massive. But then when I was refreshing to try to get into Sydney N2, I kept getting in for show 1. Had me thinking they wouldn't add one there but I guess it was predetermined anyway.
  • Options
    Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 221
    I gotta say, other than a minor CC issue (AMEX debacle), that was quickly resolved, the AUS/NZ shows have been the EASIEST shows I have EVER gotten in my PJ HISTORY!!! Mind you, I'm from the New England area, so those shows are always particularly hard, but these shows seemed to be incredibly easy to get. I hit Golden Circle for AKL1, GC, & MEL1. My wife ALSO hit Golden Circle for all 3 shows. Not only that, but i received a code & a notification when the AKL2 show was added and easily got Golden Circle for that as well. Seriously, when i got the code, i logged in and there were 6 people in the queue ahead of me. YES...6....I've been in queues for both Phish and Dead shows at the Sphere in Vegas recently and STARTED 2000+ in Queue SECONDS into the start of the thing, so to nonchalantly be able to log in on my phone (while working) and get tix in literally 3 minutes was amazing. CANNOT WAIT for our trip down under! Also have 2 extras for GCGA AKL1. 
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Pending payments have disappeared for a few of us. Bit nerve wracking.
  • Options
    doompony said:
    Pending payments have disappeared for a few of us. Bit nerve wracking.

    Hmmm. I've just looked at my CC and the same. That's....not a reassuring thing.
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Got the second Sydney show with golden circle.  Awesome!!
    Me too! Never been to Australia, so I am looking forward to this trip! 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I gotta say, other than a minor CC issue (AMEX debacle), that was quickly resolved, the AUS/NZ shows have been the EASIEST shows I have EVER gotten in my PJ HISTORY!!! Mind you, I'm from the New England area, so those shows are always particularly hard, but these shows seemed to be incredibly easy to get. I hit Golden Circle for AKL1, GC, & MEL1. My wife ALSO hit Golden Circle for all 3 shows. Not only that, but i received a code & a notification when the AKL2 show was added and easily got Golden Circle for that as well. Seriously, when i got the code, i logged in and there were 6 people in the queue ahead of me. YES...6....I've been in queues for both Phish and Dead shows at the Sphere in Vegas recently and STARTED 2000+ in Queue SECONDS into the start of the thing, so to nonchalantly be able to log in on my phone (while working) and get tix in literally 3 minutes was amazing. CANNOT WAIT for our trip down under! Also have 2 extras for GCGA AKL1. 
    I was in that Auckland queue with you! I thought it wa weird, I had never been in a queue with 8 people in it. Only added show I missed GC tix was Melbourne Night 2, but that's okay. I figure I'll find something closer to show day. And if not, more time for sightseeing. 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 32
    IB172289 said:
    It looks like there is a ton of tix still available for Sydney.   GC still available for both.   Surprised a 2nd show was added at this rate. Would be surprised if either sells out.  
    What are the other shows selling like?
    Sydney N2 GC has sold out now and pretty much the only seats left are PJ Premium. I think GA will sell out eventually. 
    Foo Fighters were a bit like this as well, slow to start but then people get fomo and GA sells out usually.

    A lot of people are also disorganised so now that you don't need to register for a code the last tickets will probably be snapped up.

    You do have to wonder if PJ Premium is even worth it for the band, there are huge chunks of rows still available. No one wants to pay $450 for a shite seat when you can still nab regular GA for $220.


    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 584
    There would be plenty of tickets still unsold. Ticketmaster will just dripfeed them for the next 8 months.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,177
    Are the added shows open to all or just verified fans from the originals?
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    Are the added shows open to all or just verified fans from the originals?
    I believe all remaining tickets are open to all.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
Sign In or Register to comment.