"It's a lot heavier than you'd expect" Mike on Pearl Jam's next album

2»

Comments

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    D-Rod said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    I’ve heard Ed mention it too. During one of the last shows on the most recent tour. On a boot I think!?
    He didn't address the tempo of the tracks, but he spoke highly of the quality of the album calling it a "really great collection" or something.  and then a line about "the musicians in this band at the very top of their game" (paraphrasing). 
    I thought he specifically said something to the effect of ‘it’s some of the heaviest stuff we’ve ever done’. But I may stand corrected. I remember thinking that’s what Mike said too. 
    It was Austin N2.  He mentioned if you like the members of this band then you will love the new record.  He didn’t say anything about the tempo.  
    I remember him saying that and hoping they were about to  play a song off of the upcoming album. 
    For a split second I thought that as well then reality reminded me those days are over. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169

What do you think are the best and worst things that could happen in 2024? 

Oh god. Well, if Trump got elected, that’d be the worst thing in the world to me. I’d rather think about the best things that can happen. We have to come together. We have to be compassionate. We have to take care of the environment. We have to not be racist. We have to not be idiots. There’s all these things we can do. But we have to choose to think that way.