My sickly old ass was in bed at 7pm. 

Did you go out and party like its 1999?
Did you party at home?
Family, friends?
Nice dinner?
Good booze?

What did you do last night? 
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Ran a 5k in the ice and snow in VT, visiting my family.  My nephew was running so I joined him.  (And destroyed his time!  Lol)

Visited with my brother and his family for a few hours.

Made dinner and enjoyed with my sister and mother.  

Put our kid to bed after playing some games around 930.

Had a few drinks and watched a movie.  

Went to bed shortly after midnight, no "ball dropping" on TV stuff.

Old.  This was fine.
    Taking the train back to Philly this morning. 

Hope you feel better soon!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Ran a 5k in the ice and snow in VT, visiting my family.  My nephew was running so I joined him.  (And destroyed his time!  Lol)

Visited with my brother and his family for a few hours.

Made dinner and enjoyed with my sister and mother.  

Put our kid to bed after playing some games around 930.

Had a few drinks and watched a movie.  

Went to bed shortly after midnight, no "ball dropping" on TV stuff.

Old.  This was fine.
    Taking the train back to Philly this morning. 

Hope you feel better soon!
    You had a FUN FILLED DAY!

Thanks for the well wishes. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,928
    My sickly old ass was in bed at 7pm. 

Did you go out and party like its 1999?
    Did you party at home?
    Family, friends?
    Nice dinner?
    Good booze?

What did you do last night? 
    Hope you feel better soon, Speedy. I went to a fancy party at the Player’s Club in NYC. Ate too much food, drank too much from the open bar. The band they had was amazing. My feet were killing me all night from high heels. Got home around 2:00am. But didn’t get to sleep until around 4:00am. Today, I  am making a lasagna. Happy 2024 everyone!!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    We watched our grandkids overnight so their parents could go out. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Passed out by 8 😴😴
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Watched the Giants and football, went out to an Italian place for dinner near me, watched Spaceballs on TCM, played cards, watched the ball drop and went to sleep. 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,015
    Asleep at 7pm. Not for me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Me, my lady & my puppy hung out at home… few drinks, wasn’t really feeling it this year …. Had invites to few parties or Billy Joel @ ubs… felt like being home 

ordered a Sicilian deep dish pizza, tortellini a la vodka … heated up some apps

watched Clear & Present Danger on HBO, NYE Rockin whatever for last 1/2 hour

watched Chappelles new Netflix special after midnight, off to bed

no hangover this year prob 1st time in 25 years…. Today take the puppy for a walk, eat leftovers and watch cfp later with some movies on between

ease into work tomorrow 😡
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Walk along the water from 7-8pm, glass of wine at home, watched tv, in bed with the cat by 10:30.

The walk by the ocean was what the highlight ... so quiet, peaceful and beautiful. A good chance to reflect back on 2023 and look ahead to 2024.

Happy 2024 all.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    went to a friends house. drank some/ate some, watched some youtube clips/videos and played some board games
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    I can't believe some of you young whipper snappers crashing out before midnight, lol!  Of course, old and crusty me, I'm still a night owl so was up until about 1:30 AM.

We watched an episode of Doc Martin- loving that show!  Played a game of Scrabble and a round of Quiddler. 

C. crashed out around 11:20, drifting off to sleep as nearly every night with me playing and singing a few tunes for her on my LX1 Little Martin.

And then I started the new year just as I do every year- with anxiety until the shooting and fireworks subside.  It's strange to go through this annual PTSD episode to start the year.  

But got past that and read some more of Peter Jesperson's most excellent memoir, Euphoric Recall before crashing to the sound of my wife and the cat both making their cute little nighttime sleep breathing sounds. 

Happy New Year, all!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Watched Beverly Hills Cop
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Watched a Mission Impossible movie and did the budget for 2024.

Apparently the missions are not impossible.  Just difficult.  
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,618
    brianlux said:
    I can't believe some of you young whipper snappers crashing out before midnight, lol!  Of course, old and crusty me, I'm still a night owl so was up until about 1:30 AM.

We watched an episode of Doc Martin- loving that show!  Played a game of Scrabble and a round of Quiddler. 

C. crashed out around 11:20, drifting off to sleep as nearly every night with me playing and singing a few tunes for her on my LX1 Little Martin.

And then I started the new year just as I do every year- with anxiety until the shooting and fireworks subside.  It's strange to go through this annual PTSD episode to start the year.  

But got past that and read some more of Peter Jesperson's most excellent memoir, Euphoric Recall before crashing to the sound of my wife and the cat both making their cute little nighttime sleep breathing sounds. 

Happy New Year, all!

Wait! What? I didn't know you got PTSD from gunshot? fireworks sounds. I want to know more about you B boy. What's up with that?
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    brianlux said:

Happy New Year, all!

Wait! What? I didn't know you got PTSD from gunshot? fireworks sounds. I want to know more about you B boy. What's up with that?

For whatever reason, it's kind of embarrassing for me to say much about it, but I opened that door so...  
    The thing is, my issues compared to people I know who were in Vietnam, Iran, or Iraq, let alone people today in Gaza, The Ukraine, etc. indicates that  I really have little grounds to complain.  My issues stem from multiple mostly lesser issues.  
    When I was a kid, I lost my way not too far from camp and some people were shooting near by and I didn't know where it was safe to go.  Eventually, when there was a lull, I took off running. 
    Years later, in my early 20's, there were close by neighbors in my apartment in S.F. who were having some kind of shoot out. 
    And then about 10 years ago a guy I had recently befriended was shot and killed in Sacramento (I wasn't there but heard about it the next day).  So guns are a bad thing for me.
    Also, I was exposed to an explosion of hydrogen and oxygen gasses in 1993-- very close by and it was a lot louder than most gunshot or even loud fire crackers like cherry bombs or M-80's.  That incident permanently damaged my auditory nerves and gave my hyperacusis, poor auditory discrimination, and 27/7 tinnitus.
    So now all loud noises are painful, and basically any kind of shooting, or fireworks, etc. trigger anxiety big time.  New Years and 4th of July are hell for me
    But the good part of the story is that I've learned to just deal with it best I can.  I was addicted to Xanax for most of the 90's until that almost killed me, but I got off that stuff and don't take any medication at all. 
    So yeah, there are bad days but, hey, I'm alive and life is mostly good! I'm hoping 2024 is going to be great!  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    NYE is my anniversary so we had a great steak dinner at St Elmo's sister restaurant (1933 Lounge) and then came back home to party with the dog and cats. I thought my kids might be around for some games but they all did their own thing.

I really wanted to go to sleep around 830 or so but I persevered and ending up staying up until 130 or so...had some bubbly at midnight and let the dog bark at fireworks. He had a blast.

Not too hungover the next day. Didn't leave the house so it was a nice relaxed day watching football and TV. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We partied at home. Played music, cooked shrimp and went outside at midnight, popped champagne and lit some Roman candles. Fun night! Happy 2024!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    went to a bar and saw my friends' band play the final show of their 22 year career. drank 2 buckets, no jager, ate an edible. actually felt pretty good on monday. sorry you are sick, man. feel better soon.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    watched the end of the wifes korean show alchemy of souls.  asleep by 11
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Sweet fuck all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    brianlux said:
    Spunkie said:
    brianlux said:

Happy New Year, all!

For whatever reason, it's kind of embarrassing for me to say much about it, but I opened that door so...  
    The thing is, my issues compared to people I know who were in Vietnam, Iran, or Iraq, let alone people today in Gaza, The Ukraine, etc. indicates that  I really have little grounds to complain.  My issues stem from multiple mostly lesser issues.  
    When I was a kid, I lost my way not too far from camp and some people were shooting near by and I didn't know where it was safe to go.  Eventually, when there was a lull, I took off running. 
    Years later, in my early 20's, there were close by neighbors in my apartment in S.F. who were having some kind of shoot out. 
    And then about 10 years ago a guy I had recently befriended was shot and killed in Sacramento (I wasn't there but heard about it the next day).  So guns are a bad thing for me.
    Also, I was exposed to an explosion of hydrogen and oxygen gasses in 1993-- very close by and it was a lot louder than most gunshot or even loud fire crackers like cherry bombs or M-80's.  That incident permanently damaged my auditory nerves and gave my hyperacusis, poor auditory discrimination, and 27/7 tinnitus.
    So now all loud noises are painful, and basically any kind of shooting, or fireworks, etc. trigger anxiety big time.  New Years and 4th of July are hell for me
    But the good part of the story is that I've learned to just deal with it best I can.  I was addicted to Xanax for most of the 90's until that almost killed me, but I got off that stuff and don't take any medication at all. 
    So yeah, there are bad days but, hey, I'm alive and life is mostly good! I'm hoping 2024 is going to be great!  :smile:
    Any traumatic event can cause PTSD.  I think those of us who were old enough, aware and watching the events of 911 have some form of PTSD.  

brianlux - Doc Martin is awesome, sorry to see the end of the series.  
  • Options
    edited January 6
    I just had an epiphany. (2nd favorite word after juxtaposition.) I think the best exposure therapy for you is to take your girl on July 4th to see a beautiful display. You should hold hands, kiss and make out.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I put some blankets on the floor near my radio as a temporary bed until midnight. I turned on Hot Jazz Saturday Night with Rob Bamburger and relaxed until midnight. The music was so joyous 😊  It was a beautiful way to bring in 2024 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,015
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I put some blankets on the floor near my radio as a temporary bed until midnight. I turned on Hot Jazz Saturday Night with Rob Bamburger and relaxed until midnight. The music was so joyous 😊  It was a beautiful way to bring in 2024 
    That sounds very relaxing. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    ❤️ sounds so poetic. Good stuff.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Spunkie said:
    brianlux said:

Happy New Year, all!

Any traumatic event can cause PTSD.  I think those of us who were old enough, aware and watching the events of 911 have some form of PTSD.  

brianlux - Doc Martin is awesome, sorry to see the end of the series.  

True and good point.

Yeah, really enjoying Doc Martin!  We borrowed the first five "series" (I'm guessing what we would call "seasons") on DVD.  We're hoping to track down the rest of them on DVD since we cannot stream.

Spunkie said:
    I just had an epiphany. (2nd favorite word after juxtaposition.) I think the best exposure therapy for you is to take your girl on July 4th to see a beautiful display. You should hold hands, kiss and make out.

"hold hands, kiss and make out" liked! lol.
    "July 4th to see a beautiful display", nnnnnot so much, haha!  Although from our house, we can see fireworks on the 4th looking out toward Cameron Park.  They are far enough away so as only barely (if at all sometimes) hear them.   They're like little mini-fireworks.  

And yes, "epiphany" is a great word!  Right up there with "insouciance", egregious" among others! 
    Love the Peanuts cartoon!

• Options
    edited January 7
    . Gets out dictionary 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    I like 'ostentatious'. I don't even know what it means  :s 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Snooty
    The love he receives is the love that is saved