13»

Comments

• demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    My 10club variant just arrived today.
    Did you have to pay custom fees??

just got a notification for $28!
    a first for me with 10C. On top
    of longer and more expensive fees than average, this one stings a bit…

I didn't on the variant. But I did on the black vinyl. Though it was a Post Exprés mistake.

Had to complete one of these forms. It's only been a week & a half. I doubt I will hear anything back till Jan '24.

Fudge.. I remember you pointing that out a few weeks ago. So odd to randomly get charged on one order but not the other. 
    I’ve been ordering dozens of records per year for quite some time and as far as I can remember, the only times I got hit with import charges was when I ordered through acousticsounds who use FedEx 

Thanks for the link D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    My 10club variant just arrived today.
    Did you have to pay custom fees??

just got a notification for $28!
    a first for me with 10C. On top
    of longer and more expensive fees than average, this one stings a bit…

I didn't on the variant. But I did on the black vinyl. Though it was a Post Exprés mistake.

Had to complete one of these forms. It's only been a week & a half. I doubt I will hear anything back till Jan '24.

Fudge.. I remember you pointing that out a few weeks ago. So odd to randomly get charged on one order but not the other. 
    I’ve been ordering dozens of records per year for quite some time and as far as I can remember, the only times I got hit with import charges was when I ordered through acousticsounds who use FedEx 

Thanks for the link D

No problemo. I had to stop buying from Acoustic Sounds & Turn Table Lab cause they only ship via FedEx. I would always get hit with fees. What's sneaky about FedEx is they will deliver you package & not tell you that you got hit with customs fees. They are so happy when they drop off your package to your door. No fee / charges etc.. Then a week or two later you go to your mail box and there you see a letter from FedEx that you have to pay custom fees on that item.

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    My variant finally arrived today!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    edited December 2023
    NM
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
    The Rock said:
    My variant finally arrived today!

Great!! :) 
  • Being played right now. Sounds just like the first time I played it in 93. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I think it sounds wonderful. Very clear and punchy, slightly more bass present which sounds good. Good job!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Finally delivered in Montreal :)
    Finally delivered in Montreal :)

Sweet! B)
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 770
    Are you Canadian peeps all getting charged customs? 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    yah I did on my Vs.  I also got hit with customs on another random non-PJ vinyl a few weeks ago.

I think CBSA might be going through one of those times where they ramp up enforcement of the actual limit.  With the limit being so slow ($40cdn), it only takes a $30usd record to be over the limit.   With record prices having gone up, it's not hard to exceed the limit.  Usually they let most packages under $100 slide,  but it seems they're being a bit more strict right now.

Maybe there will be a silver lining of Trump gets elected again. when he forced the renegotiation of NAFTA a few years ago, the limit went from $20 to $40.   It's still pretty one sided, I think the limit in the opposite direction is something like $800.   Maybe he'll push for some more changes :)
    SM187650 said:

I did for one of the copies. All the others I didn't get hit. Post Exprés screwed up and put down 2 vinyl on custom form. :/ 
    Zod said:
    yah I did on my Vs.  I also got hit with customs on another random non-PJ vinyl a few weeks ago.

I think CBSA might be going through one of those times where they ramp up enforcement of the actual limit.  With the limit being so slow ($40cdn), it only takes a $30usd record to be over the limit. With record prices having gone up, it's not hard to exceed the limit.  Usually they let most packages under $100 slide,  but it seems they're being a bit more strict right now.

Maybe there will be a silver lining of Trump gets elected again. when he forced the renegotiation of NAFTA a few years ago, the limit went from $20 to $40.   It's still pretty one sided, I think the limit in the opposite direction is something like $800. Maybe he'll push for some more changes :)

Yeah they really need to relax over there at CBSA.

I doubt Trump will get elected again.
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 770
    demetrios said:
    SM187650 said:

I did for one of the copies. All the others I didn't get hit. Post Exprés screwed up and put down 2 vinyl on custom form. :/ 
    Ya I noticed that on mine too. It claimed the value of the record to be over 120 USD which is wayyy more than I paid. No way I was turning away Canada post though when a PJ record comes to the door! 
    SM187650 said:
    demetrios said:
    SM187650 said:

Ya I noticed that on mine too. It claimed the value of the record to be over 120 USD which is wayyy more than I paid. No way I was turning away Canada post though when a PJ record comes to the door! 

That sucks! Check this out. https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7765752/#Comment_7765752 . Gotta complete the form to get a refund. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,672
    demetrios said:
    SM187650 said:

I didn’t get hit with anything 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    SM187650 said:

I didn’t get hit with anything 
    👍

Zod said:
    I also got hit with customs on another random non-PJ vinyl a few weeks ago.

I just got hit on a PJ related vinyl coming from Walla Walla, USA. Looks like CBSA has gone loco and just hitting everything that is coming into Canada. 
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    edited December 2023
    I just found my original copy of VS on tape. It’s the five against one titled version. Forgot I even had this. 
    I have ithe five againt one on tape, it serves as a reminder, i went to a mid-night sale when VS was releaased and got it on casette. I think it was the last time i went to a mid-night sale
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • My finally landed today from 10c, Australia woop woop.
    demetrios said:

1 copy left. Cheapest I've seen on this release.

AA295481 said:
    I just found my original copy of VS on tape. It’s the five against one titled version. Forgot I even had this. 
    I have ithe five againt one on tape, it serves as a reminder, i went to a mid-night sale when VS was releaased and got it on casette. I think it was the last time i went to a mid-night sale

I went to the Sam The Record Man mid night release, for the cassette tape. Didn't own a CD player back then.