re: Vs.

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Received in NY today
  • Mine's 'out for delivery' in between Detroit and Lansing, in Michigan, today
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    edited November 2023
    Amazing.

I just gave the Dreamcicle pressing a spin. It sounded phenomenal on my system, right up there with the OG pressing, if not a little more dynamic in spots.

(Played on a Thorens VN-150 with a Rega RB880 tonearm and Nagaoka MP300 cartridge, through a McIntoch MA252 integrated amp (tube pre) and Klipsch Heresey III speakers)
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Did anyone in Canada purchase the black vinyl from 10club & get hit with customs? $27 CDN in custom fees? 
    WTF?
    I ordered the colored version and have yet to receive it 

but I have never had to pay customs for anything from ten club.  The only time I’ve ever been hit with surprise customs for records is with FedEx 

Ordered the colored version too. That hasn't moved yet but the black vinyl .. Canada Post wants 28 bucks. I need to see what the value was marked down on the outside of that vinyl box. I might have to refuse the item and request a reassessment from CBSA. I would normally pay 28 bucks if an item coming from the USA is over 100 bucks if I get hit with customs. But an item that is 43 dollars US? 
    yah that seems expensive, because usually the fee the CBSA charges to assess taxes is something like $10 or $15.   The record is about $60cdn.  15% tax would be $9, so if they decided to ding you I'd expect the fee to be $19 or $24.   Maybe the assessed it on the shipping cost by accident which would of pushed it north of 24 dollars.  It's in the ballpark.  I'd be curious to read the assessment.

On the flip side I ordered a pair of records from Portland, OR which arrived earlier this week.  Worth $40 USD combined and no charges.  

I do loathe it when CBSA goes through periods of time where they crackdown on assessing packages. I also envy our southern neighbors, if it's the other way around they can bring something like $800 of stuff over by mail.    Makes the rules feel a bit unilateral.   Our limit would still be $20cdn if Trump didn't get it doubled.. lol.
    Post Exprés, a division of USPS, screwed up! 10club's original sticker said 1 vinyl value $42.98. Post Exprés added this new sticker on top and mistakenly put down 2 for a total of $85.96. Canada Post customs caught this. $115 CDN value so a charge of $27.71 CDN. Because of this I have to complete the B2G form, send all info via mail to the local CBSA Casual Refund Centre & wait till I receive the refund. Who knows when I will receive a refund & IF all works out as this was Post Exprés fault.

• Amazing.

I just gave the Dreamcicle pressing a spin. It sounded phenomenal on my system, right up there with the OG pressing, if not a little more dynamic in spots.

(Played on a Thorens VN-150 with a Rega RB880 tonearm and Nagaoka MP300 cartridge, through a McIntoch MA252 integrated amp (tube pre) and Klipsch Heresey III speakers)
    Your setup is quite higher-fi than mine but i absolutely agree.
  • lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    @Santos L. Halper my dreamsicle tracking still say order information receive from november 6 and no one answer my email to 10c shipping customer care...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Printing Vs. 10c edition vinyl labels today. Orders will start moving next week for 11/17 release date.
    slh
    Have international orders shipped for this. Received shipping notification on the 6th November but no movement since, 
    Kearnsy
  • Is The Double Black Vinyl also on 45 rpm?
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 590
    Dreamsicle 45 lp sounds amazing, wow , this and the new yield are up there with best sounding pj vinyl, hopefully all will get the 45 treatments 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
    Kearn5y said:
    Printing Vs. 10c edition vinyl labels today. Orders will start moving next week for 11/17 release date.
    slh
    Have international orders shipped for this. Received shipping notification on the 6th November but no movement since, 

Same. No movement since November 6th.
    edited November 2023
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    slh

Same. No movement since November 6th.

Updated. It moved!

11/24/2023
    2:57 P.M. Package received for processing
    FONTANA, CA, United States

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,723
    I just got the black vinyl. 45rpm. On animal now, sounds awesome!!
  • TheebsTheebs Posts: 44
    Got my creamsicle 45 vinyl yesterday have not listened yet however.
  • TheebsTheebs Posts: 44
    Amazing.

Nice.  Before I got married and moved I had B&W 803 Nautilus, Mcintosh mc 202 Amp & C15 Preamp, entech dac, Monster cables...I forget the model but they were as thick as a hose....Project turntable...forget the exact model and sony 400 disc changer.....

The mac with the b&w was the greatest.  I sold it all to put some cash in the bank when I moved and was going to go to grad school.  

Today I have an Emotiva XPA 200 & USP 1, Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2, Emotiva ERC 3 CD Player, VPI Traveler with Ortofon Blue Cartridge, a marantz tuner and a yamaha kx 300U tape deck.  I really miss the mcintosh meters but the emotiva amp and preamp has been fine to drive small bookshelves that I have.  

I am planning a move back home to NY in two years and I am hoping to buy a bigger house where I can go back to a full size speaker...most likely the 803 Nautilus again..they were amazing.

I loved seeing Eddie with all the Mcintosh stuff when he was on howard stern.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    Bababooey
  • Loujoe said:
    Bababooey

Baba Booey's stinky monkey nuts.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Has any international orders shipped? 3 weeks since shipping label was printed or has this copy gone missing too
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    Has any international orders shipped? 3 weeks since shipping label was printed or has this copy gone missing too
    My Vs variant finally updated last Friday. Hopefully yours will soon. 

• JimmiJimmi Posts: 36
    Kearn5y said:
    slh
    Same here so i suppose it'll be all right 😉
  • The waiting drove me mad….

My copy heading to Canada is still in LA as of the 28th. 
    My 10club variant just arrived today.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    demetrios said:
    Glad to hear it.
    Mine was processed at international carrier yesterday.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    demetrios said:
    Excellent. Think my copy landed today but don't expect to get it till next week

Kearnsy
  • demetrios said:
    Did you have to pay custom fees??

just got a notification for $28!
    a first for me with 10C. On top
    of longer and more expensive fees than average, this one stings a bit…
    demetrios said:
    Did you have to pay custom fees??

just got a notification for $28!
    a first for me with 10C. On top
    of longer and more expensive fees than average, this one stings a bit…

I didn't on the variant. But I did on the black vinyl. Though it was a Post Exprés mistake.

Had to complete one of these forms. It's only been a week & a half. I doubt I will hear anything back till Jan '24.