re: Vs.

Printing Vs. 10c edition vinyl labels today. Orders will start moving next week for 11/17 release date.
slh

Comments

• radarradar Posts: 771
    Thank you for the update 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    radar said:
    Thank you for the update 

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    YARN  Oh hells yeah dog-man  Parks and Recreation 2009 - S07E05  Gryzzlbox  Video clips by quotes  f443b915
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    I guess I thought this was a 10c exclusive. My local record store has it on sale starting tomorrow. Wouldn’t have minded going that route 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Kwieneke said:
    I guess I thought this was a 10c exclusive. My local record store has it on sale starting tomorrow. Wouldn’t have minded going that route 
    The dreamsicle version?  I thought that was 10c exclusive, but I assumed the black and clear versions were going to retails (for clear, target for US, indie for other places).
    Zod said:
    Kwieneke said:
    The dreamsicle version?  I thought that was 10c exclusive, but I assumed the black and clear versions were going to retails (for clear, target for US, indie for other places).
    The picture is small and I can’t tell but it says it’s 44.99 which is what the dreamsicle was 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 770
    Nah this is just the black version I’d say. 
  • SM187650 said:
    Nah this is just the black version I’d say. 
    Agree
  • Could be wrong, but I think the popsicle is not members only as some shop items say. But only available thro ten club and not elsewhere online or in the high street.

Members only-you have to be paid up member to buy it. Which the popsicle does not say members only like for example show posters often say.

Otherwise you can be a sign up/follow or whatever you want to call it for free to ten club, by giving your email and you still get the 10th newsletter and access to the shop and areas that aren't member only.
  • When will these start shipping? No movement on my order as of yet…

• Picked up a copy of the regular single LP clear vinyl edition at Target today, looking forward to the arrival of creamsicle edition. I now have... four editions of this record... 
    edited November 2023
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • matt3846matt3846 Posts: 156
    For some reason I had to have this! Arrived just now. Thanks Santos!

• Review on Discogs:

WOW!!! Just A/B my original US pressing to this and it's amazingly good. 45 rpm and splitting the album over two LP's has improved the detail and soundstage immensely compared to my USA 1993 original pressing. Hearing things I haven't heard before. W.M.A. and Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town sound amazing.'
  • Not me, as mine won’t arrive until next week 
  • matt3846 said:
    For some reason I had to have this! Arrived just now. Thanks Santos!

Sexy.... I remember my "Chilean" edition saying vs. on the spine.
  • Does anyone have movement on their order?
  • I just found my original copy of VS on tape. It’s the five against one titled version. Forgot I even had this. 
  • TheebsTheebs Posts: 44
    Does anyone have movement on their order?
    Looks like mine was shipped yesterday.  
    mine is moving and expected to arrive this Tuesday, November 21. I'm in Brooklyn, NY.
    edited November 2023
    Did anyone in Canada purchase the black vinyl from 10club & get hit with customs? $27 CDN in custom fees? 
    Mine arrived in my town this morning (NY) and is awaiting acceptance from post office, which in my experience with innovations can be today or sometime in March. 
  • demetrios said:
    Did anyone in Canada purchase the black vinyl from 10club & get hit with customs? $27 CDN in custom fees? 
    WTF?
    I ordered the colored version and have yet to receive it 

but I have never had to pay customs for anything from ten club.  The only time I’ve ever been hit with surprise customs for records is with FedEx 
    Got mine today. Looks great. Have yet to spin it 
    demetrios said:

Still waiting on the coloured one to show up.  It's pretty rare for customs to ding a single record.   Technically since the limit is only 40cdn, they're over the limit, but usually they let it slide.   I hope I don't get hit when my record crosses the border.
    edited November 2023
    demetrios said:
    WTF?

but I have never had to pay customs for anything from ten club.  The only time I’ve ever been hit with surprise customs for records is with FedEx 

Ordered the colored version too. That hasn't moved yet but the black vinyl .. Canada Post wants 28 bucks. I need to see what the value was marked down on the outside of that vinyl box. I might have to refuse the item and request a reassessment from CBSA. I would normally pay 28 bucks if an item coming from the USA is over 100 bucks if I get hit with customs. But an item that is 43 dollars US? 
    Post edited by demetrios on
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    WTF?

Ordered the colored version too. That hasn't moved yet but the black vinyl .. Canada Post wants 28 bucks. I need to see what the value was marked down on the outside of that vinyl box. I might have to refuse the item and request a reassessment from CBSA. I would normally pay 28 bucks if an item coming from the USA is over 100 bucks if I get hit with customs. But an item that is 43 dollars US? 
    yah that seems expensive, because usually the fee the CBSA charges to assess taxes is something like $10 or $15.   The record is about $60cdn.  15% tax would be $9, so if they decided to ding you I'd expect the fee to be $19 or $24.   Maybe the assessed it on the shipping cost by accident which would of pushed it north of 24 dollars.  It's in the ballpark.  I'd be curious to read the assessment.

On the flip side I ordered a pair of records from Portland, OR which arrived earlier this week.  Worth $40 USD combined and no charges.  

I do loathe it when CBSA goes through periods of time where they crackdown on assessing packages. I also envy our southern neighbors, if it's the other way around they can bring something like $800 of stuff over by mail.    Makes the rules feel a bit unilateral.   Our limit would still be $20cdn if Trump didn't get it doubled.. lol.
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    WTF?

That is pretty steep for an album. curious now to see what happens with the colour vinyl. I think most of the fee is a UPS processing fee. It’s kinda crazy. I just got hit with $43 cdn in fees to Ontario for the $60 poster from Right Way Signs