Options

Possible Album Release Date

LastExitBJPLastExitBJP Posts: 79
edited October 2023 in The Porch
I was driving on the highway in NH listening to 100.7 WZLX tonight. Carter Allen (At least I think it was him) comes on after Betterman and says, "...Pearl Jam has a new album on the way in February followed by a massive tour." Can anyone confirm this date? Hearing that made my night! I trust the words coming out of that guys' mouth. 

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,967
    No specific date, but the Feb release date is gaining momentum with a single in Nov or Dec!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    Boston radio coming in hot!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 272
    If february :2, 9, 16 or 23.
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    😎
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    fl247556 said:
    If february :2, 9, 16 or 23.
    Obviously 23 then
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,772
    Whenever it is, I'll bet it's also somebody's birthday.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Amazing to me that we got to this point so quickly, considering that they went from Jeff's interview at the end of June, saying they had a long way to go, needing more songs, better solos, better lyrics, and that they would be taking a break and picking things up in September after the tour ended
  • Options
    All true, but things have probably changed. They evolved quickly...
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    Or they throw out misdirection as a nice way of saying fuck off until it’s official it’s all speculation
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Are we going to start mapping out possible dates and venues so that we can complain later?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Or they throw out misdirection as a nice way of saying fuck off until it’s official it’s all speculation
    It could also be. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 632
    edited October 2023
    There is more to an album release than just the recording session, especially from the POV of Jeff who is the prime mover on artwork stuff. It’s possible over the summer Stone thought it was done because his part was, but Jeff still had work to do.
    or they are trying to build hype and confound expectations. 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    kmcmanus said:
    There is more to an album release than just the recording session, especially from the POV of Jeff who is the prime mover on artwork stuff. It’s possible over the summer Stone thought it was done because his part was, but Jeff still had work to do.
    or they are trying to build hype and confound expectations. 
    Jeff was definitely not talking artwork, he was saying the songs weren't done and he wanted to push the musicianship, specifically talked about more solos from Mike and lyrics from Ed. Maybe it was a diversion but he seemed authentically irritated on that interview that Stone said the album was done when he thought they had more work to do.

Maybe stepping away from it and going back after a few weeks he heard the work with fresh ears and felt differently, or maybe they all had a fire lit under them by his words and they stepped up to get it over the goal line.
  • Options
    I'm all for them taking extra time for better lyrics and guitar work. Go Jeff if he's pushing for a better quality album. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/stone-gossard-hopes-that-the-new-pearl-jam-single-will-be-out-between-november-and-december/?fbclid=IwAR1evCHOZjW5B4LITHLlKZ_1Ddf1a45cyyWjpv2pmBNkTJXUhYxRibHXq3E

First single rumored to be released between November and December.
    That leaves the obvious question; what month is between November and December?
  • Options
    Novcember
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 686
    So it will be almost 4 years between records, but somehow it feels like a really quick turnover. A welcome strangeness...
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    No.

"(...) They also asked him some informations about the chance of the first Pearl Jam single from the new album being published between November and December (like we wrote in our article).
    Gossard said that at the moment he is not sure about the exact release date but he surely hopes it is going to be around that time."
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    No.

"(...) They also asked him some informations about the chance of the first Pearl Jam single from the new album being published between November and December (like we wrote in our article).
    Gossard said that at the moment he is not sure about the exact release date but he surely hopes it is going to be around that time."
    You’re right. I was so excited I put that it appears he was confirming a single around that time, but he is only hopeful that it will be released at that time.  Fingers crossed.

it is exciting to know that the album is done, so it won’t be long either way!

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    beano.79 said:
    So it will be almost 4 years between records, but somehow it feels like a really quick turnover. A welcome strangeness...
    You're right....very odd.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    100 Pacer said:

Lol!

I like the rumor of an NA tour starting in February... maybe that means Boston / New England will get their first arena show (shows?) in 10+ years. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,084
    Please bring back a non album b-side track on the single!!!
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,475
    Since the advent of streaming, I don't think that's a thing anymore. That's why we got Ole and Can't Deny Me.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,084
    KV4053 said:
    Since the advent of streaming, I don't think that's a thing anymore. That's why we got Ole and Can't Deny Me.

I know 😔. I’m just wishing it would happen 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    KV4053 said:

I know 😔. I’m just wishing it would happen 
    yep....not having these or holiday singles anymore sux.....Put new Music is coming!
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    beano.79 said:
    I remember when it was 4 years in between Pyromania and Hysteria and media and fans were complaining about how long that was between albums.  Back in those days bands put out albums every year or 2 so 4 years was extremely unusual.  The older we get the faster time goes by and 4 years seems like nothing now.  1998 still feels like 5 years ago to me lol.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09