The "Official" Indy/Noblesville 2024 Thread - August 26!

Comments

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    TonyB said:
    I am driving up from Memphis and staying at the Wyndham.  Is there more than 1 bar or a brewery around hotel or venue?
    Basically across the road from the venue is a huge shopping/dining strip mall with tons of places to hang out before.
    Last year when the show was postponed, we ended up at Ford's Garage for food and drinks.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,024
    Trying again this year, lol, I was about halfway through my drive to Noblesville last year when my sister called my cell to tell me the show had been cancelled. Driving down from Chicago again. This will be the first of 3 shows in 6 days for me - woohoo!

On another note - I probably wont get there in time for a show shirt or poster, assuming they are well designed and in demand. Is anyone willing to help? I can throw a bone or two as a thank you. I have an extra Las Vegas dice....
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    PhartN said:
    laa1025 said:
    Anyone staying at Wyndham and walking to Ruoff? I know it's going to be hot and humid. Might Uber there and walk back.

Yep.  We walked from the Holiday Inn last year.  Switched to Wyndham this year so we didn't have to cross the road and it was cheaper.
    I’ll be at the holiday inn. They fully refunded me last year so they keep my business. Plus I speculated and booked before actual show announcements. Where’s the pre/post party?  That embassy suites was large and nice. Think they had a happy hour too. 
    The Wyndham kept money for my unused room, so I will never stay at a Wyndham again. I didn't book prior to the shows so I'll be driving down and back...it'll be a long day for sure. 
    Same and same. Booked a cheap hotel 10 minutes away with a concert shuttle this time around.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Posts: 252

Same and same. Booked a cheap hotel 10 minutes away with a concert shuttle this time around.
    What hotel?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Spurs14 said:

What hotel?
    It's not cheap anymore. I booked for $100, but if you look now, it's $255.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • joe159joe159 Posts: 316
    Haven't don't the long merch line for a few shows now, but if the Indy merch is as cool as the Missoula merch I think I'll be waking up early to head over.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,766
    know1 said:
    Spurs14 said:

What hotel?
    It's not cheap anymore. I booked for $100, but if you look now, it's $255.
    Quality Inn Noblesville? We are staying there and taking the shuttle. We had reservations at the Holiday Inn by the venue and were going to walk, but my wife is still on her knee scooter following surgery on her foot and I didn't think a 1 mile scooter ride would be much fun for her.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    BSully said:
    TonyB said:
    I am driving up from Memphis and staying at the Wyndham.  Is there more than 1 bar or a brewery around hotel or venue?
    Basically across the road from the venue is a huge shopping/dining strip mall with tons of places to hang out before.
    Last year when the show was postponed, we ended up at Ford's Garage for food and drinks.
    yeah Ford's has a great bar with a frozen area to keep your brewski cold

Houlihan's has a good bar also and BJ's Brewhouse.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,248
    joe159 said:
    Haven't don't the long merch line for a few shows now, but if the Indy merch is as cool as the Missoula merch I think I'll be waking up early to head over.
    Don’t plan on that happening Joe 😂 
  • I've got 3 passes for the Lone Pine Lounge that I'm looking to sell. Face value is $80, but I'm willing to entertain best offers if anyone is interested in access to that lounge. These were purchased so my family of three would have an area to be seated together with an elevated view of stage, however, my son cannot attend the rescheduled date and so these are no longer needed.

08.18.00 Noblesville • 06.22.03 Noblesville • 06.24.06 Cincinnati • 08.02.07 Chicago • 10.04.09 Austin • 05.07.10 Noblesville • 09.03.11 East Troy • 09.04.11 East Troy • 07.19.13 Chicago • 10.03.14 St. Louis • 04.02.20 Nashville • 04.04.20 St. Louis • 09.16.22 Nashville • 09.18.22 St. Louis • 09.10.23 Noblesville • 08.26.24 Noblesville
  • PhartN said:
    laa1025 said:
    Anyone staying at Wyndham and walking to Ruoff? I know it's going to be hot and humid. Might Uber there and walk back.

Yep.  We walked from the Holiday Inn last year.  Switched to Wyndham this year so we didn't have to cross the road and it was cheaper.
    I’ll be at the holiday inn. They fully refunded me last year so they keep my business. Plus I speculated and booked before actual show announcements. Where’s the pre/post party?  That embassy suites was large and nice. Think they had a happy hour too. 
    Last year there was supposed to be a tailgate party in the venue parking lot.  I’m sure sleepy bear will be rocking before during and after.
    I just checked the Facebook and didn’t see anything. is there a wishlist party for this show?
    Event page link: https://www.facebook.com/events/471132338726251

Thank you! 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    pjbugs007 said:
    joe159 said:
    😂 fingers crossed, lol, TBH the indie merch last year was an easy pass for me, but I'll give it a go this year, besides I've had some pretty good times and those merch lines and met some cool people.
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    joe159 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    joe159 said:
    😂 fingers crossed, lol, TBH the indie merch last year was an easy pass for me, but I'll give it a go this year, besides I've had some pretty good times and those merch lines and met some cool people.
    I plan to be in line early again, ill keep an eye out.  Will be waling over from the Holiday Inn (after a free breaky at the ES Buffet).
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
    Probably already covered here, but is there parking at the venue for merch line? 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    joe159 said:
    Probably already covered here, but is there parking at the venue for merch line? 
    yes...not sure when it opens though
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    joe159 said:
    was 12 last year which for Pearl jam is counterproductive since people will be in line hours before 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287

• PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Kwieneke said:
    joe159 said:
    was 12 last year which for Pearl jam is counterproductive since people will be in line hours before 
    There was literally no parking on prem until noon, and not really any parking nearby that was open to the public.  There was a line for merch of a few hundred before the lots even opened.  I looked like most either walked from nearby hotels or were dropped by rideshare/other means.  I would suspect that since its a Monday, parking somewhere nearby will be harder since businesses will be open and monitoring.  Might be able to park at the nearby hotels and walk though?
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    edited August 21
    The 3 Platinum pairs just dropped from $403 to $350 each
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 448
    Hold!
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,248
    joe159 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    joe159 said:
    Heck yeah always a good time them lines.. I was at the Colts home opener instead.
  • jrfiggjrfigg Posts: 92
    Anyone in need of a premium parking pass? I purchased last year but won’t need it this year since we’re staying within walking distance and won’t have a car. Looks like they’re sold out now but it’s transferable. 
  • jrfigg said:
    Anyone in need of a premium parking pass? I purchased last year but won’t need it this year since we’re staying within walking distance and won’t have a car. Looks like they’re sold out now but it’s transferable. 
    I could maybe use one, since I have the opposite issue.  Was within walking distance last year and couldn't get it this year.  How much is it?
    jrfigg said:
    I could maybe use one, since I have the opposite issue.  Was within walking distance last year and couldn't get it this year.  How much is it?
    It was originally $70 but if I can cover the cost of a tshirt or poster this year I’ll be happy with a lower offer. 
  • jrfigg said:
    jrfigg said:
    It was originally $70 but if I can cover the cost of a tshirt or poster this year I’ll be happy with a lower offer. 
    I was going to message you so we can work out the details, but it says your profile is private and won't let me do it.  
  • flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 252
    edited August 21
    Can't find my original post on this thread to reply to, but I still have an additional reservation at the Embassy Suites Noblesville (walking distance to Deer Creek) open if anyone wants it. It's a 1 King Bed, One Room Suite for $319.95 for one night (8/26-8/27). I'm going to cancel it in the next few hours so I don't get charged. Let me know.
    Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
    jrfigg said:
    jrfigg said:
    I was going to message you so we can work out the details, but it says your profile is private and won't let me do it.  
    Sent you a message
  • exploderballexploderball Posts: 171
    edited August 21
    I just cancelled one King room at the Holiday Inn Express in Noblesville, in case anybody's looking for a room. Original reservation was Sat-Wed.
    Post edited by exploderball on
  • contestwin99contestwin99 Posts: 133
    Merch question - if someone wasn't in the Indy merch line at least by the time it opens at noon on Monday is there likely to much left (such as shirts) by closer to showtime? Thx in advance.
  • This is a bit of a tough question. I believe the line last year was long but it was a beautiful day. This year is suppose to be hot, maybe less people willing to wait.