90+ Different Songs in 6 shows

2»

Comments

• I’m really happy Ed saw the Eras tour, I feel like that’s partially responsible for these inspiring set lists. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    @Tim Simmons serious or joking?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Partially serious. 

There is definitely a more concerted effort to go deeper with the setlist to please the fans. Maybe it’s random and unrelated. But there was something special about the fervor and connection that was happening during eras. I can’t help but think Ed, a big live music fan, couldn’t help but see how she was connecting and is trying to switch things up a bit. I know they’ve always seen a request here and there, but to openly be pulling several every show, demonstrates the band really trying to please.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    edited September 2023
    But what is so different to people about the 23 shows to earlier? 

Are they skipping some of staples for "deep cuts" instead of keeping the staples and lessen the "deep cuts" which makes it different from last year's start of "the shorter shows"? Am I understanding what makes this year so unique to people? Or what?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Skipping a couple staples for deep cuts, but also digging a bit deeper. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Partially serious. 

There is definitely a more concerted effort to go deeper with the setlist to please the fans. Maybe it’s random and unrelated. But there was something special about the fervor and connection that was happening during eras. I can’t help but think Ed, a big live music fan, couldn’t help but see how she was connecting and is trying to switch things up a bit. I know they’ve always seen a request here and there, but to openly be pulling several every show, demonstrates the band really trying to please.
    Very cool perspective.  I didn’t know Taylor s setlist switched up that much. I know she always does those two random songs in the same spot. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • She doesn’t switch up very much other than the acoustic songs, but she pulled all the fan favorites including nonsingles. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,615
    edited September 2023
    It’s apples and oranges comparing PJ and TS, I’m just getting at she tries really hard to please everyone, but really goes hard for the hardcore. I feel like Pj is doing that this tour, more so than others. Basically every show this tour has felt like Halloween Spectrum or Wrigley N2 in 16 or 18. And it’s just funny that it’s been EVERY show. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Was at Fort Worth 2 and thing is not only are they mixing it up but they nailed every one of the songs.  Really seems like they have made a concerted effort to not just play different songs but to play them well.  About half way through the Fort Worth 2 show I said to myself “holy shit they are still incredible”. Savor every show they are still bringing it at such a high level 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    pjhawks said:
    Was at Fort Worth 2 and thing is not only are they mixing it up but they nailed every one of the songs.  Really seems like they have made a concerted effort to not just play different songs but to play them well.  About half way through the Fort Worth 2 show I said to myself “holy shit they are still incredible”. Savor every show they are still bringing it at such a high level 
    Agreed. When they pulled out Severed Hand and Got Some during STP 2, I was impressed how good they sounded. Oh, and almost forgot the exceptional version of Insignificance on night 1.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    devonfz said:
    Yep got to get these boots just for the variety but only if they bust out Johnny guitar in Austin!
    +1
    Here’s hoping for some Johnny G in Austin! 😎 
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 166
    I would love it! Can’t wait just landed in austin Johnny guitar leash parting ways!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    We are very spoiled as a fanbase. The Headstones play around 17 songs a night, and virtually the same set every show. Its maddening. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    @GoAnimal

Just a girl?

do you mean of the girl?

Or is no doubt in the house?
    Hey, wasn't me! I got Of the Girl as LA 1 opener last year :P
    I'd love Just a Girl, but would pop even louder for Brother B)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Felt like about half of the plane from Seattle to Austin was people going to the gigs. Fun to see.
  • 108? 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    so anyone has a final countdown for how many different songs were played during this tour?
  • For live footsteps is 106

freddie vedder
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    This tour definitely felt like a true return to “anything might be played tonight”. I was really pleased to see much more Avocado and Binaural. Hopefully next tour they’ll brush off more Riot Act. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I’m really happy Ed saw the Eras tour, I feel like that’s partially responsible for these inspiring set lists. 
    That's what I said when he was there
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Lose sirens
    No. They do need to work on it though. But I love the song.
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    I said this before when all this "shorter sets" complaining started: it'll make the sets less predictable and therefore even more exciting. And look at that.

What a run. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I said this before when all this "shorter sets" complaining started: it'll make the sets less predictable and therefore even more exciting. And look at that.

What a run. 
    Took a while to get there, but get there we did. Helluva tour. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    JimmyV said:

What a run. 
    Took a while to get there, but get there we did. Helluva tour. 
    Yea. Wasn’t quite that way in 2022, but if this is the new normal for shows, not a bad thing. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane