Fall 2023 Tour: Covid Roll Call

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:
    MM1424 said:
    It's gonna be ok. I promise. Do you tell everyone when you get the flu?

I have had long covid for a year and half. Covid isn't the flu and it's not a cold, and those of you talking like that are hopefully ignorant rather than heartless.
    True words here. I hope will get better that's a long time to be ill. It's still serious for many. 
    I have COVID now 1st time and my heart is doing all sorts of weird shit . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_Soul said:
    MM1424 said:
    It's gonna be ok. I promise. Do you tell everyone when you get the flu?

I have had long covid for a year and half. Covid isn't the flu and it's not a cold, and those of you talking like that are hopefully ignorant rather than heartless.
    It's both. 
  • When is the common cold roll call? Who cares about this in 2023? 

I sneezed 3 times yesterday!
    I lost a great friend to Covid so you need to delete this. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 

I lost a great friend to Covid so you need to delete this. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Well said my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

I'm sorry for your loss.... whenever I read one of these self-centered posts Im reminded of the videos of people on hospitals a few years ago and their eventual last comments about wishing they had taken it more seriously... yes @jimjam1982, delete
  • Husband just tested positive.  He started getting sick Saturday after chicago (went to both nights).  We’re both long term since 2020.  This is his 4th time.  We both got it last year at a rage concert.  

I'm sorry for your loss.... whenever I read one of these self-centered posts Im reminded of the videos of people on hospitals a few years ago and their eventual last comments about wishing they had taken it more seriously... yes @jimjam1982, delete
    I think about the entire hospital staff that sacrifices for us everyday.  

Get vaccinated if for no other reason then to protect these people, please. 
  • Remember 2 weeks back when people were incredulous about that one dude wanting to wear a mask in the pit? 

• Anyway, this dumb little thread is so fans who haven't gone to a show yet can set expectations that covid is spreading at these indoor shows and put some visibility on the number of people who are getting it, so they can do a risk assessment and plan accordingly. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,930
    My wife and I tested positive after Nashville last year.  Not sure if we got it at MSG, Camden or Nashville.  We also just tested positive last week after being in Disney World for 10 days.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Anyway, this dumb little thread is so fans who haven't gone to a show yet can set expectations that covid is spreading at these indoor shows and put some visibility on the number of people who are getting it, so they can do a risk assessment and plan accordingly. 
    Yes... thank you. 
    Leave the people alone who choose to mask... it's never going away. You have to assume the people around you could be infectious and do what you need to do. 

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    When is the common cold roll call? Who cares about this in 2023? 

Sorry for your loss but we are in the post vaccine era. We are safe now. Fauci told us so. So did biden. 

Thanks In advance for your understanding that we were told to get jabbed and it would all be fine. 

Now you want to say it's not fucking fine? Are you saying the vaccine failed?

2020 will never be repeated even though some of you seem to prefer that life. The rest of us will carry on not feel the need to broadcast everytime we don't feel perfect. 

Move this thread to AMT so those who don't give a shit about liberal propaganda like post vaccine covid don't need to hear about it.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539

Sorry for your loss but we are in the post vaccine era. We are safe now. Fauci told us so. So did biden. 

Thanks In advance for your understanding that we were told to get jabbed and it would all be fine. 

2020 will never be repeated even though some of you seem to prefer that life. The rest of us will carry on not feel the need to broadcast everytime we don't feel perfect. 

Move this thread to AMT so those who don't give a shit about liberal propaganda like post vaccine covid don't need to hear about it.
    oh boy
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257

You can always just not open it.
    Why not ignore the thread so anyone who wants to follow how much it is spreading can? Seems like no big deal.
    I agree that we are living in the post covid world and this is the new normal. I was still curious enough to open the thread and see how many are getting it at the shows.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946

Doubling down was the wrong response here. 
  • I tested positive this morning, I was at STP 2 and CHI 2.  I'm guessing I picked it up at CHI 2.  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,626
    edited September 2023

What an ass... no one says it's gone and no one posts every time they get sick. Anti-vax trolls who politicize a virus have no place here. Vax makes us less likely to get sick or die... good luck to you...

• Ffs this place never ceases to lower the bar.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Your illness. Triggering right-wing weirdos and their fellow travelers since March of 2020. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    Hopefully this thread doesn’t get shut down because people who don’t care in the first place are reading it🤣 this is an open discussion that you aren’t forced to read or participate in. It’s interesting to see how many people pick it up at shows 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 

Folks don’t respond to this ^^^^^
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Kwieneke said:
    Hopefully this thread doesn’t get shut down because people who don’t care in the first place are reading it🤣 this is an open discussion that you aren’t forced to read or participate in. It’s interesting to see how many people pick it up at shows 
    👍

What an ass... no one says it's gone and no one posts every time they get sick. Anti-vax trolls who politicize a virus have no place here. Vax makes us less likely to get sick or die... good luck to you...

+1
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,619
    edited September 2023
    Hopefully everyone who is positive is getting minimal symptoms and feels better soon so you can make it to more shows. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    We wore masks to Chicago night 2 (our only show as Indy is postponed), and heard a few passing comments like "can you believe people are still wearing masks?". I work in healthcare, so I believe that I have a responsibility to not spread anything I might pick up at the job. Furthermore, with the recent Covid uptick, I would recommend that anyone wear a mask in indoor crowded spaces. I had Covid in February. My case was considered mild, yet it was still the opposite of fun. 

I'm not trying to soapbox, but even procedural masks are effective in slowing/decreasing spread. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I dont know anyone who has died from the common cold, but I bet its more common than people realize.  Immunocompromised person catches a cold, turns to pneumonia, etc...

That said, I DO know several people who have died from Covid or covid related complications.  None were vaxxed. 2 didnt want the vax one was waiting until "School season started" so that it could be fresher, but they caught it in July and died in September.  

I also know a few people who got long covid.  One of them was vaxxed, the others werent.  

I know several people who got covid and were vaxxed, but they had mild symptoms. 

That said, this isnt rocket science, and it isnt "LIBERAL PROPAGANDA".   Viruses mutate.   They change.  The vaccines that protect us from the FLU have to be reworked.  So do the covid vaccines.  

Point is....its important to track this stuff still since, even though if I got covid, I would probably be fine, I would not want to spread it to my folks who could die, due to being immunocompromised. 

Or some stranger whom I dont even know. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • I hope that updated booster drops soon so people can get it for the shows at the end of the tour. 

• I hope that updated booster drops soon so people can get it for the shows at the end of the tour. 

Will still take couple weeks for it to really do its full job

Cool guy alert!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA

This discussion has been closed.