Happy 50th Birthday to ME in INDY!!

shesgiventoflyshesgiventofly Posts: 8
edited September 2023 in The Porch
Taking a chance to step out on the porch here and throw a wish to the universe.  I've been in the fan club without pause and faithfully since 1993.  My Ten Club member number is in the 30,000s.  I by no means believe that that makes me an ultimate and amazing PJ fan...in fact, it might be the opposite: 
  • My profile is incomplete and I have no idea how many shows I have been to.  I have a box of ticket stubs that someday I hope to rifle through and figure out the final count.  Maybe between 20 and 50, nowhere near folks I've seen attend hundreds.  Why?  I somehow married someone who does not love Pearl Jam!  We argue about the cost every time I travel to see a show, although if it was up to me, most of my 401k funds would have been spent making memories on tour instead.  I was also derailed by motherhood and the life of a military wife...
  • I sometimes forget the titles of songs and sing the wrong lyrics (doesn't "In Hiding" have a line about a church mouse?), especially when I've had a couple of glasses of wine.
  • I took my only child, my daughter, to the Home Shows in Seattle in 2018, and it was the only time I have EVER left a show early, at her request.  Pearl Jam mommy fail for sure.
  • In fact, as I was trying to groom her into a generational PJ fan, I tried playing some of the best songs (IMO) for her in my truck, and she asked me if I had any Metallica after 30 seconds!!    :s
  • I probably have 50 posters in tubes in my closet that still need to be either framed and hung or sold! Hoarder...
  • I have photos from the below-mentioned first Aladdin show of the guys' travel trunks in their hotel rooms because the guy I was dating was doing lighting and was asked by EV to run up and grab some vinyl and snapped a few photos whilst in there.  I don't know what to do with these and how to get them back to the band because they seem invasive!
On the upside:
  • My first show was absolutely iconic. It was at the old Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas in 1993.  I stood in line in November in the freezing desert cold overnight when I weighed a buck-o-five, shivering because the douchebag security guy made us stay outside until the box office opened.  Went to both nights and at the end of the shows, the first 6 rows of seats anchored to the concrete were crushed flat to the ground due to the crowd raging!!  
  • I do have a quilt that a wonderful friend of mine made for me from all of the old PJ t-shirts that had holes in them or no longer fit.
  • I have FINALLY secured a personal license plate for my truck that I have tried for years.  GVN2FLY is mine!! =)
  • I have never asked for anything from the band before today - not a photo, not an autograph, not a return hand-written letter.  ;)
  • Sometimes people grow apart in relationships, but I am fortunate to have grown in the same direction as this beloved band over the years and loved everything (and I mean everything) they put out.  My soul mate band for sure.
Having said all that, I will be in INDY the day after my 50th birthday with two of my best friends in the whole world.  I decided I did not want a big party at home in rural Nevada, but would rather spend this special day at this show with them.  If anyone has it in their power to ask the band to give a shout-out for my 50th and dedicate a song, that would make my year and probably the rest of my life.  I would love to hear Immortality, In Hiding, or Hard to Imagine.  But I would be totally good with any song that is already planned for the setlist with a happy birthday wish to me.

All of my love, faith, and devotion,,,

XO,
LB
"I keep my eye on the moon and my feet muddy." ~ Renee Locks
Post edited by shesgiventofly on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Happy Birthday & enjoy the shit out of the show

it never gets old for me, flying to Texas on Tuesday…. Hard to sleep before, it really is the best way to spend  2.5 hours 

• Amen to that!  I am flying from Reno to Detroit, then driving to Indy for the show.
  • Happy birthday, hope they dedicate a song to you! Have a great time at the show.
  • Thank you!!  :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Awesome post! Hope you get your song and Happy Birthday!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    Well an early Happy Birthday to you and hope you get shout out for your 50th
    I just turned 50 yesterday and got my birthday show in Chicago 😀
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    How would you like them to address you?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • shesgiventoflyshesgiventofly Posts: 8
    edited September 2023
    I am Lise Blackwood.  So... my first name is...different.  It's like Lisa without the "a".  So pronounced like "lease". 
    Post edited by shesgiventofly on
  • Nice story. Glad you can make shows. Life experience is worth everything 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Happy birthday and good luck. The band can’t accommodate all requests but they certainly do sometimes. I hope you get one of your songs.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959
    Enjoy your friends and the show. Happiest birthday. Cool history. Get those posters out of the tubes :) 
  • Happy Birthday! Immortality would be a great one. 
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    Happy Birthday!! Awesome way to spend the big 50!
  • Where does nonstop since 1993 membership get you for seats in Indy?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Happy Birthday!  We will all be there with you for it!!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 272
    Where does nonstop since 1993 membership get you for seats in Indy?
    Nonstop since 2003 got me in Sec D Row L  

leep
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Happy birthday! Enjoy the show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Drop the Lise, Drop the Lise, get out of her fucking face!! Happy Birthday! I just turned 48 \m/
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,074
    edited September 2023
    leep75 said:
    Where does nonstop since 1993 membership get you for seats in Indy?
    Nonstop since 2003 got me in Sec D Row L  
    Wow, they should be better than that.  
    Enjoy the show and happy birthday!

Edit:
    Whoops I thought this was OP response, misread.  This doesn't seem too bad.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,153
    Happy Birthday & all the best.
  • Drop the Lise, Drop the Lise, get out of her fucking face!! Happy Birthday! I just turned 48 \m/
    This made me laugh!  Thank you for the custom birthday lyrics!!
    SECA, Row G, Seat 11 &12  I am so grateful!!  I always seem to be in the section with friends and family.  At the Home Shows, Jill was one section to my left and one row forward.  In San Diego in 2013, Eddie's mom was about 8 rows behind me.  Not too bad!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Bump!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

SECA, Row G, Seat 11 &12  I am so grateful!!  I always seem to be in the section with friends and family.  At the Home Shows, Jill was one section to my left and one row forward.  In San Diego in 2013, Eddie's mom was about 8 rows behind me.  Not too bad!
    Yeah those are great.  Have a great show and happy bday.
  • Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  I am so excited for Sunday!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,153
    1 day to go bump!
  • Happy early birthday! Hope you get your shout out and enjoy the show!
  • Best wishes on your milestone Birthday!
  • Happy birthday! 

I recall a show when someone turned 50 and Ed said BFD everyone’s 50.  Then he toasted someone turning 100! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I still have my tickets for this show that has been scheduled this year in August.  I will still be 50.  Should I go??