Austin things to do

13»

Comments

• quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    edited September 2023
    If you want something other than bbq, try Uptown Sports Club or Aba. Tacodeli and Home Slice are quicker options, and the food is good. 

Highly recommend all things Zilker Park. Barton Springs, Botanical Garden, or just walking some trails. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is also a great place to spend some outdoor time.
    We just had a good rain, but still avoid stagnant water or any algae. Our summer heat produces some pretty nasty stuff. 

There’s also the Mexic-Arte Museum and the Blanton Museum of Art. If anyone has their family along for the trip, The Thinkery is great. 

ETA: if you want some fun vegan baked goods, check out Unicorniverse Bakery. 
    Post edited by quarterpast on
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Yeah, Home Slice is great for pizza, but it's closed on Tuesdays or something odd like that.

The Barton Springs pool is neat and you can walk to it if you enjoy long walks.

There are also plenty of fun shops scattered throughout the area. I always enjoyed walking through Toy Joy in downtown and the Austin Rocks shop.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Thanks for the earlier recommendation of Micklethwaits for bbq. Had it yesterday. Quite good!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Grabbed lunch at home slice pizza earlier. Waiting for the order and looked up to see Mike walking by…couldn’t resist saying hello.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'm very excited to go to Texas Coffee Traders. According to one survey they are the best coffee roasters in Texas. Also, I'm looking forward to visiting museums. I went to Book People already and I don’t feel the need to go to other bookstores.

Already had coffee at Alfred. It looks like many cafes are near me to try the coffee. La Columbe is near me, but they are from Philly and they are in DC.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    At Jester King hangin with the goats

• Lazarus Brewing

First time here and not only is the food awesome, so are the beers and the playlist (LOTS of PJ tonight).
  • Any pre show party?
  • hectorperez1418hectorperez1418 Posts: 5
    edited September 2023
    Any idea where the band Will be staying?
    I was looking at the bag policy. I haven't had to look at bag policies before as I don't go to many events. I have an outfit with pockets, but does anyone have images of purses that are ok in Moody?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Scholz Garten looks like the spot for vitalogy. Any other locations doing anything?
    I went to Texas Coffee Traders. It smelled like Caffe Vivace in Seattle as the beans were roasting. Love.That.Smell. The Breakfast Blend is a light roast, very smooth. I hope to go back some day. I'm bringing back beans to DC. Very excited. 

Also, I found a neck pouch at REI which should be ok against the bag policy. 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    bsfitch said:
    Scholz Garten looks like the spot for vitalogy. Any other locations doing anything?
    Walked by Scholz a few minutes ago. Seemed like a nice big patio. Didn’t see much else down there. Still haven’t heard of anything else. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    Ran along the river again today.
    Saw this guy
    He was praying for a seat upgrade and Release to start the show

• Can vouch for this place. Very good and fun atmosphere. Hit it straight from airport. Lol. 
    Lets ROCK the F OUT Tonight!! Yaaaaaa 
    🤘🔥🎸🚀⚡️🪬🌊🛸
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I was looking at the bag policy. I haven't had to look at bag policies before as I don't go to many events. I have an outfit with pockets, but does anyone have images of purses that are ok in Moody?
    Clear bags like what people bring to stadiums.

edited September 2023
    I crossed 24th and San Antonio and the crossing sign voice had a Texas twang. That made my day  :)

BookWoman is a good place for Poets and everyone else. Small space, but really interesting books and things.

Oi! That is one hugging sun.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on