Comments

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    shep said:
    Scorpcuz said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    MM70435 said:
    17.PORCH

And unfortunately RVM now falls under the deep cuts/rarities category.
    Really hoping the play Porch at one Chicago show and RVM at the other
    They play Porch every night. Good luck with  RVM. Never knowwhen that might pop up.

RVM in Toronto last year was one of the most cathartic experiences of my life.

I hope i it doesn't get put into the rarities category
    RVM is such a great song
  • Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 229
    HH140540 said:

No denying the facts here. Still a snooze fest of a song at this point. Have plenty of friends who aren’t PJ fans that do not like that song. Just saying they could do something a little more creative here. Love Small Town to the back.
     Soldier Of Love - last played to the back in Miami 2016.

• Options
    Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 307
    Brain Damage was only an intro? Or complete song
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    I just find Last Kiss to be a boring song. 
    I don't disagree with you, and probably neither do most of the people here. But most of the people in the arena are not members of the Ten Club. For most of them, this is the only show they will see. And many (not all, but many) of them are middle-aged middle-of-the-road music listeners, not necessarily hard-core rock enthusiasts. Take a look at the biggest hits by many of the biggest rock bands-- they're all ballads: "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Love Bites," "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "Beth." Those are off the top of my head.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    I'm not arguing against them playing it. I've just never liked it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HH140540 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    HH140540 said:
    19.LAST KISS

Kinda surprised they still play this. Seems like the easy button to the back but seems like they would’ve moved on from this one by now.
    It's literally their biggest hit.
    Huh?
    Are you unaware that "Last Kiss" hit No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified as a gold single? No other Pearl Jam song has ever even hit the top five. The only other Pearl Jam song that even reached the top 20 was an anomaly ("I Got ID") based entirely on first-week sales.
    No denying the facts here. Still a snooze fest of a song at this point. Have plenty of friends who aren’t PJ fans that do not like that song. Just saying they could do something a little more creative here. Love Small Town to the back.
    Like I said above, a snoozefest for you and me, but a warm and fuzzy singalong for lots of others, many of whom like Pearl Jam because they think Ed is cute.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    shep said:
    Scorpcuz said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    MM70435 said:
    17.PORCH

They play Porch every night. Good luck with  RVM. Never knowwhen that might pop up.

RVM is such a great song
    It's the greatest song.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Last Kiss is such a bad song it made it to #2 on Billboard charts 35 years apart.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I don't disagree with you, and probably neither do most of the people here. But most of the people in the arena are not members of the Ten Club. For most of them, this is the only show they will see. And many (not all, but many) of them are middle-aged middle-of-the-road music listeners, not necessarily hard-core rock enthusiasts. Take a look at the biggest hits by many of the biggest rock bands-- they're all ballads: "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Love Bites," "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "Beth." Those are off the top of my head.
    Based on my Ten Club seats, most of the people at the Chicago shows are going to be members
  • Options
    Ince.es said:
    Brain Damage was only an intro? Or complete song
    Even on The Dark Side of the Moon, it's only an intro to "Eclipse."

By the way, you heard it here first: this is Pearl Jam's first tease that the new album will be titled Eclipse.
  • Options
    Last Kiss is such a bad song it made it to #2 on Billboard charts 35 years apart.
    I don't base my musical tastes on billboard charts. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    24.PURPLE RAIN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    right. forgot about that one. no brainer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm not arguing against them playing it. I've just never liked it. 
    I’ve often felt it was a set killer. 
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    thanks dimi! g'nite!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't like them doing purple rain?
  • Options
    Purple Fucking Rain. Beautiful. 
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2023
    Songs they play somewhat regularly that haven’t been played yet after two shows:
    Release, Garden, Animal, RVM, Not For You, Nothingman, Hail Hail, Present Tense, Lukin, Faithful, Quick Escape, Rockin
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    I hate this song.  So many other songs they could play.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    No
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    I don't care for it all.  Nothing against Josh but I am not a fan of his singing.  Great multi-instrumentalist otherwise.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    Songs they play somewhat regularly that haven’t been played yet after two shows:
    Release, Garden, Animal, RVM, Not For You, Nothingman, Hail Hail, Present Tense, Lukin, Faithful, Quick Escape, Rockin
    I would gladly take all of those in Chicago (plus a few rarities)
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    BF25394 said:
    Based on my Ten Club seats, most of the people at the Chicago shows are going to be members
    It's good that you have a sense of humor about it, since there definitely won't be more than 11,750 Ten Club members at the Chicago shows, but that sucks. Depending on how bad your seats really are, you might want to check and see if the Ten Club screwed up. That happened to me in Seattle once on the Backspacer tour.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I would gladly take all of those in Chicago (plus a few rarities)
    Agreed.
    I also request Breakerfall and Half Full
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    2 HOURS AND 25 MIN SHOW THANKS THE RELAYER AND EVERYONE!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    BF25394 said:
    It's good that you have a sense of humor about it, since there definitely won't be more than 11,750 Ten Club members at the Chicago shows, but that sucks. Depending on how bad your seats really are, you might want to check and see if the Ten Club screwed up. That happened to me in Seattle once on the Backspacer tour.
    My understanding is that TM took some of the good seats from premium sales and that the 10C got a huge allotment of the remaining seats.

There are lots of 10C members in the 300 sections which are high up
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,682

• Options
    I don't base my musical tastes on billboard charts. 
    Taste is subjective, so good and bad are in the ear of the beholder. I don't ever need to hear "Last Kiss" again, but the song is objectively popular, and that's why they still play it. 
  • Options
    WhoAreWeWhoAreWe Ottawa CAN Posts: 26
    shep said:
    Scorpcuz said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    MM70435 said:
    17.PORCH

I was going to say the same about RVM in Toronto ‘22 but you beat me to it! I managed to make my way down to the back of GA during Even Flow and saw the rest of the show from there. Probably the best version of RVM I’ve ever seen both the band and the crowd just fuckin givin’er 🤘🏼It was rad. 
  • Options
    2 HOURS AND 25 MIN SHOW THANKS THE RELAYER AND EVERYONE!!
    Thanks Dimi!