Options

*** ST PAUL 2 SETLIST THREAD ***

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    It's all just a conversation. Many of us are still adjusting to the switch from 3-hour Evening With shows to these shorter sets we have seen since they came back in 2021. I know I am. Repeats stand out more in a 24 song setlist than they do in a 35 song setlist. Most every song they repeat though pops the crowd, so the shows are usually better for it, IMO. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    At this point I’ll take Last Kiss over RITFW.
  • Options
    Does anyone happen to have any content with the 7 guys in McCready shirts beside the stage? Please message me!
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    At this point I’ll take Last Kiss over RITFW.
    Same, probably. Lol

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Only 5 repeats, 19 new songs. I’ll take it 🔥 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,537
    I loved NAIS
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    Only 5 repeats, 19 new songs. I’ll take it 🔥 
    Yeah that s awesome.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,181
    Blew night 1 out of the water. This show was fire. Especially the main set. Way better flow and energy. Great set list. Loved this show!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,662
    If you’re going to cut to 24 songs a night, last night was the absolute perfect setlist

Touched every album.  No ultra rarities, but filled with those mid tier, every now and then songs.  That’s what makes a special setlist.  

Severed Hand, NAIS, In Hiding, Pendulum, etc…

Last night was incredible 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    It’s quite something being Jam-splained to about why the band continues to play one of their biggest hits at their live shows. 
    Someone posted asking why the band hasn't moved on from this song. I replied that they continue to play it because it's their biggest hit. Someone posted in disbelief of that. Several people explained-- to that person-- why it is their biggest hit. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    URthekey said:
    I found it weird Ed mentioned Jimmy Buffet but didn’t say R.I.P?!?!
    Maybe Ed hopes he's turning in his grave...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    If you’re going to cut to 24 songs a night, last night was the absolute perfect setlist

Touched every album.  No ultra rarities, but filled with those mid tier, every now and then songs.  That’s what makes a special setlist.  

Agreed. If I were to pick songs off older albums, I'd have Severed Hand, Got Some and In Hiding in the top 2 of songs I'd want them to select from. SH and GS were my top picks for both albums going in to last night that I'd want to hear live. They both rock live.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,199
    seriously? Undone was next on the setlist and the guy requested Undone?
    guess I misunderstood 
    Yeah. The request he took was Unthought Known. He rejected Undone. But must I remind everyone that if he ever asks you in person at the show to make a song request the correct answer is always Leash!!

• Options
    tbergs said:

Agreed. If I were to pick songs off older albums, I'd have Severed Hand, Got Some and In Hiding in the top 2 of songs I'd want them to select from. SH and GS were my top picks for both albums going in to last night that I'd want to hear live. They both rock live.
    Severed Hand is right in the sweet spot of "songs they haven't played much lately but can probably do at the drop of a hat." If they're playing songs from that album I'd love to hear Marker but I wonder whether they still know it... 
  • Options
    14.IN HIDING
    A request by a good friend

Thank you to that friend!!!!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.