Would you like to see PJ attempt a weekends only tour?

Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
Would you ever want to see Pearl Jam attempt a weekends only tour?  It is a trend that is becoming more and more popular amongst large acts.  

Play 2x shows in a city, back to back nights on a Fri/Sat/Sun.  The trade off is that it would only be 8-10 cities.

Would you be into this, or do you prefer the traditional method of 3 weeks on the road with more cities but weekday shows?

Personally, I would much rather travel a little farther on a weekend and not have to leave work, and back to back nights is always my preference.
2010: Cleveland
2012: Atlanta
2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
2015: New York City
2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
2023: St. Paul II
2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

Would you like to see PJ attempt a weekends only tour? 68 votes

Bring on the weekend 2 night stands!
51%
Vedd Heddmcgruff10soapmademetallerevenflow82PJINFLAjosevolutionpdalowskyjefftIndifference71kasedougBentleyspopTim Simmons.lovethepj.Save WhoBSullyBF89905Kearn5yWS131341Robbie Tjpayne1976 35 votes
Continue to tour like normal
48%
my_waverriversfsu2626JoostoneHailHailVitalogyCopperTommbowersdemetriosaustinevolution10Gary CartertschavlastexitlondondannyFalling DownPA JammerpledgeagrievanceBF25394I am a patriotRP112579HH140540 33 votes

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    If it ment they would play more shows, yes
    Kearnsy
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    I appreciate the day off in between shows, especially if traveling. Likely easier for people in certain markets to get tickets to their city if it means a weekday show, allows some time to enjoy a city and take a break from merch madness, etc.

That being said, not against them considering a PJ20 or Ohana-like format every so often. Both of those were amazingly fun multi-day experiences.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Yes - in Europe and US
  • Bring on the weekend 2 night stands!
    Yeah I always look for the weekend shows 1st and then the others! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    I don't think there are enough weekends between Festivals in Europe for this to lead to more European shows. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    So the band would have be on the road for months for a small tour?  Not happening.
  • Continue to tour like normal
    They are only hitting 5 cities the way they do it now, I don’t believe fewer available days would lead to more stops.
  • animusanimus Posts: 530
    Sounds nice but I obviously have no idea what that means for the touring crew and  their logistics work out. Do they have to go back to their home base and take off again the next weekend or just continue to the next city and wait for the band? I think in the end, whichever tour style is less demanding would hopefully result in better health and shows.
  • They can come to Cleveland anytime they want. It's been 13yrs 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    edited September 2023
    The trade off is that it would only be 8-10 cities.
    As opposed to the 5 cities they're playing now?
    Weekends are much better for traveling, but that also means harder to get tickets for locals. So, I'm happy with weekday shows in my home town.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    They can come to Cleveland anytime they want. It's been 13yrs 
    Same with Atlantic Canada. They can play here anytime they wish. It's been 18 years. 
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Yes, do this weekend show idea...but do them in the afternoons. Now we are talking.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    How about just something in the summer in the US? April and September might have cheaper flights, but there are so many conflicts with school and things. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Many more Even Bros on the weekend.  
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    edited September 2023
    Of course. Especially if it came with a shot to buy tix to all the shows and no repeat songs
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    It would def be easier to travel afar to them like I often have to do.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    I like it purely because it guarantees two nights in each spot. Love the two nighters
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I'm definitely in favor of weekend shows. It's just hard to do weekday shows when you hav a busy job.

On another - I wonder if the band gets a discount for booking crappy nights of the week like they did with the UC being on Tuesday and Thursday? They definitely make less money, as a few seats are unsold and the PJ premiums undoubtedly will sell for less.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    It is not cost effective to only play weekends....venues charge the promoters more for rent on weekends, and to move the whole operation back and forth would cost way too much.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    It may not be as cost effective for the band, but since most people are traveling these days, it really limits our options. I can take 1 - 2 days off without much of a problem. Taking 3 or 4 days off to make a Tuesday night show is not going to happen. 

I'll drive about 5-6 hours to see them and if I can do it with taking 1 or 2 days off. My only chance this year was Indy, but my parents forgot they agreed to watch our kids and went out of town. So I can't make any this time around.