The Fan Exchange scam

124»

Comments

• smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    Get_Right said:
    You will never get transparency. TM has been manipulating tickets for decades. They do not care about you. They want the highest prices for tickets and they want to make it as hard as possible for you to recover any money you have spent on tickets. This is their business model. 
    I agree. I would point at the band more than Ticketmaster the last few tours. Ticketmaster will at least break down all their fees and policies if you are willing to read them. 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    It won't matter. They will just pay out in unusable vouchers like last time. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Those vouchers were such trash.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    You're not really being fair to trash. Sometimes, people throw away things that are still useful.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    BF25394 said:
    You're not really being fair to trash. Sometimes, people throw away things that are still useful.
    this
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • KJ228171KJ228171 Posts: 33
    I'm frustrated because I can't make it to a show and my tickets aren't selling. I'd like the option to reduce the price but that isnt allowed.  I also cant transfer them (which I get is a feeding ground for scalpers) but in this case - I just dont want them to go to waste.  This is really not friendly to the customer. There should be a way to transfer ticketmaster to ticketmaster account AND a way to sell for lower than what you paid .

Just put them up on Stubhub, Seat Geek, TicPiks or GameTime.  They all have work arounds by hosting the ticket on a website. They can't do a TM to TM transfer but they can upload the ticket with a rotating barcode and let the buyer use them. They put that system in full swing during U2's run at the Sphere where GA tickets where "non transferable" and verified resales only. Guess what? The 2nd hand tickets worked.
    smile6680 said:
    Get_Right said:
    You will never get transparency. TM has been manipulating tickets for decades. They do not care about you. They want the highest prices for tickets and they want to make it as hard as possible for you to recover any money you have spent on tickets. This is their business model. 
    I agree. I would point at the band more than Ticketmaster the last few tours. Ticketmaster will at least break down all their fees and policies if you are willing to read them. 

The misconception is that the ticket buyer is Ticketmaster's customer. They are not. Ticketmaster's customer is the artist, the promoter and the venue. They just happen to usually be the promoter and venue too.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited May 16
    KJ228171 said:
    I'm frustrated because I can't make it to a show and my tickets aren't selling. I'd like the option to reduce the price but that isnt allowed.  I also cant transfer them (which I get is a feeding ground for scalpers) but in this case - I just dont want them to go to waste.  This is really not friendly to the customer. There should be a way to transfer ticketmaster to ticketmaster account AND a way to sell for lower than what you paid .

Just put them up on Stubhub, Seat Geek, TicPiks or GameTime.  They all have work arounds by hosting the ticket on a website. They can't do a TM to TM transfer but they can upload the ticket with a rotating barcode and let the buyer use them. They put that system in full swing during U2's run at the Sphere where GA tickets where "non transferable" and verified resales only. Guess what? The 2nd hand tickets worked.
    I don't believe listing on stubhub etc would be viable unless you're a professional broker. Stubhub, seatgeek, etc are just the middleman. It's still the seller's responsibility to transfer the ticket to the buyer. The rotating barcode is not created by stubhub - it's created by the ticket broker who has that technology at their disposal. If the average fan makes a listing and doesn't have a way to create the barcode and transfer the ticket, stubhub is not going to help -- they'll just charge that person a fee for failing to deliver the ticket. Also, seatgeek requires a broker license to sell unless the tickets can be uploaded 
    SHZA said:
    KJ228171 said:

I don't believe listing on stubhub etc would be viable unless you're a professional broker. Stubhub, seatgeek, etc are just the middleman. It's still the seller's responsibility to transfer the ticket to the buyer. The rotating barcode is not created by stubhub - it's created by the ticket broker who has that technology at their disposal. If the average fan makes a listing and doesn't have a way to create the barcode and transfer the ticket, stubhub is not going to help -- they'll just charge that person a fee for failing to deliver the ticket. Also, seatgeek requires a broker license to sell unless the tickets can be uploaded 

Not at all. Stubhub, SeatGeek, et al handle the transfer. The seller does whatever they require to make the ticket available and they handle the backend stuff. Although a significant volume of brokers use them those places are built on everyday people listing tickets. I was just at a show Tuesday that was non-transfer but had plenty of tickets available on the resellers. It had been sold out for months but there were severe storms so people just unloaded tickets at whatever they could get. PIT tickets that cost $150 were available for $45. Those were not brokers.