Pearl Jam 2023 tour merch

Comments

• I remember when Ted Leo was slated as the opener once…..he said the exact opposite.🤣🤣 The message board was none to kind to him for sure.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Searching for night 2 buttons (both regular and variant)   can pay immediately.   Thanks
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    Did they people purchase 2 b balls?
  • wwsuicide said:
    1 per
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    wwsuicide said:
    1 per
    Thank you!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,150
    What percentage of people buying the basketball will actually use it? I bet 1%-2% use it as an actual basketball, 5-10% display it somewhere at home, and the remainder never use it for anything other than trade bait/resale.
    It's a souvenir. What do you expect people to do with it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Merch right through the doors was cake. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited September 2023
    Was 5th in line at merch booth 113.  No 🏀 or bags!  Sad things aren’t held back for those areas. Time for beer!!
    Post edited by wwsuicide on
  • Merch lines very long inside now. Balls and duffel bags gone at all at this point. There were only a handful of basketballs at all.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Were posters still available after the show?
  • demetrios said:
    I only saw N1 print as we left.  N2 specific items all gone including poster.
  • Austin night 2 2 sets of 100’s up regular price 
  • demetrios said:
    I only saw N1 print as we left.  N2 specific items all gone including poster.
    I saw the license plate still at the stand by my section. Everything else was gone.
  • Something for everyone to think about:

STP Night 1 - Super easy to get all the merch you wanted if you were inside by about 630-645pm. Doors opened at 600pm.

The off day, they had Night 2 city merch at the presale merch. This is important.

STP Night 2 - Got inside right at doors open, and literally got the last Truck shirt Large in the table. In fact, there were probably only 30 total of those shirts left when the line started. They sold so much of the Night 2 city stuff early during the off day and day off early merch. 

So, If you want city merch for night 2, you have to work for that. The off day truck made a HUGE difference. 
  • jdahline said:
    Something for everyone to think about:

STP Night 1 - Super easy to get all the merch you wanted if you were inside by about 630-645pm. Doors opened at 600pm.

The off day, they had Night 2 city merch at the presale merch. This is important.

STP Night 2 - Got inside right at doors open, and literally got the last Truck shirt Large in the table. In fact, there were probably only 30 total of those shirts left when the line started. They sold so much of the Night 2 city stuff early during the off day and day off early merch. 

So, If you want city merch for night 2, you have to work for that. The off day truck made a HUGE difference. 
    I am guessing this is some way how the venue and merch group distributed it but it is a mistake. I am surprised they had day of stuff outside the day before but whatever.

They still should have an equal amount or more inside for people actually attending the show. Same with tour specific stuff. Not everyone went to both shows and not everyone can or wants to wait outside. Most of that should be reserved for people with tickets. I can't believe show stuff was gone that early.

I think more people went inside yesterday because of word of how easy it was on Thursday. It was a completely different situation. It was slammed immediately. I could have gotten in line on Thursday after 7 and probably still been successful. Always interesting how that stuff plays out.
  • jdahline said:

I am guessing this is some way how the venue and merch group distributed it but it is a mistake. I am surprised they had day of stuff outside the day before but whatever.

They still should have an equal amount or more inside for people actually attending the show. Same with tour specific stuff. Not everyone went to both shows and not everyone can or wants to wait outside. Most of that should be reserved for people with tickets. I can't believe show stuff was gone that early.

I think more people went inside yesterday because of word of how easy it was on Thursday. It was a completely different situation. It was slammed immediately. I could have gotten in line on Thursday after 7 and probably still been successful. Always interesting how that stuff plays out.
    Sure, just sharing. We went in right at doors. Buddy jumped in line and I went up to the front to look at inventory. I counted like 30 of the truck city shirts nicely folded and stacked. It was all they had at the main merch line. Usually there are boxes and boxes at the start. Oh, and no stickers for even the first people in line. Take it how you want. 

• jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

Sure, just sharing. We went in right at doors. Buddy jumped in line and I went up to the front to look at inventory. I counted like 30 of the truck city shirts nicely folded and stacked. It was all they had at the main merch line. Usually there are boxes and boxes at the start. Oh, and no stickers for even the first people in line. Take it how you want. 

I was right in front and probably about 10 back in the merch line by section 109 and I got everything but the basketball. So obviously it varied by merch stand too.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    demetrios said:

I originally wasn’t going to buy this poster based on the photo I saw. I am not really a poster collector but if I like the poster and am at the show I will get it. But once I got up to the truck and saw it in person I knew I would regret it if I didn’t get it. It is really amazing. The light bulb is glossy so it looks like glass while the rest is matte. Also the blacks are really deep. I am happy I got it. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

I originally wasn’t going to buy this poster based on the photo I saw. I am not really a poster collector but if I like the poster and am at the show I will get it. But once I got up to the truck and saw it in person I knew I would regret it if I didn’t get it. It is really amazing. The light bulb is glossy so it looks like glass while the rest is matte. Also the blacks are really deep. I am happy I got it. 
    100% agree here. I’ve cut back on the posters I buy for the exact reasons you mentioned, but once I saw all the gloss and texture on the print (in addition to the backstory), I bought it as well. 
    PJx69
    EVx11
  • jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

I was right in front and probably about 10 back in the merch line by section 109 and I got everything but the basketball. So obviously it varied by merch stand too.
    Ok. Sounds like the first few dozen people in each line were fine. But it was a stark contrast to Night 1. 
  • Thanks to the flipper who posted the MN license plate from last night’s show on the bay for $35 this morning. I’m glad you put the time, so I didn’t have to. Those merch lines were nuts!
  • demetrios said:
    Basketball & license plate secured!
    Thank you so much Matt! :)
    Shout out to Litkepj77  for getting in line early (REALLY early)—wouldn’t have done it without him.
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    edited September 2023
    GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a snow globe, a la Citizen Kane, and not a “light bulb.” Not a fan of the poster myself.
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

Could you post a picture of it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited September 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Merch right through the doors was cake. 
    There was a merch booth right next to the stairway that they take you down for GA. On night 1 we went straight from the door to the floor so I wasn't going to risk losing my spot by making a merch pit stop. On night 2 at doors Deep Sea Diver was still doing their sound check so they held us in the concourse for about 10 minutes after we got the wristbands. Was able to grab a gym bag and event shirt which had been sold out outside earlier 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited September 2023
    GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a snow globe and not “light bulb,” a la Citizen Kane. Not a fan of the poster myself.
    Ah. Ok. I didn’t hear the story. The little screw in looking part made it look like a light bulb to me. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

I originally wasn't either, we got inside night 2 and got in merch line about 730.... moved pretty fast, I only wanted sticker but this stand was out.  I saw the poster in person and it is gorgeous.... so I bought it.  It needs to be framed to fully appreciate its beauty and of course its meaning, 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891

Ball is pretty cool!