Canadians selling their tickets on fan to fan?

Hey there, just wondering if any Canadians have sold their tickets on fan to fan and if there has been any difficulty in getting paid out by Ticketmaster? I keep seeing better tickets pop up for St. Paul than we received in the seat reallocations, and have been wondering about upgrading our tickets… any fellow Canadians that can chime in? Thank you in advance!! 

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    nicole said:
    Hey there, just wondering if any Canadians have sold their tickets on fan to fan and if there has been any difficulty in getting paid out by Ticketmaster? I keep seeing better tickets pop up for St. Paul than we received in the seat reallocations, and have been wondering about upgrading our tickets… any fellow Canadians that can chime in? Thank you in advance!! 
    You will get a cheque sent your way in 12 weeks if you are able to sell. 

Depending on where your seats are though beware they likely will not sell if they are too far back. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    RBC and TD have US affiliates.  Open an account with them and you don’t have to wait 12 weeks to get paid.  But as PJNB said, no guarantee STP tix will sell.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • nicolenicole Posts: 64
    Thanks for your help and suggestions! It’s not like our tickets are terrible, just perhaps not what I have been used to getting through the fan club. Seems to me I’ve always ended up in the same sections when I’ve gotten fanclub tickets, these just seem a fair bit further over and higher up in the 100s than I usually get with them. Not the end of the world though, we are still fortunate enough to get to see Pearl Jam, after all! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    RBC and TD have US affiliates.  Open an account with them and you don’t have to wait 12 weeks to get paid.  But as PJNB said, no guarantee STP tix will sell.  
    +1.   I opened a US domiciled TD Bank account and use that when I need use fan2fan.  Way better than the horror stories about people waiting for cheques :)
    Zod said:
    +1.   I opened a US domiciled TD Bank account and use that when I need use fan2fan.  Way better than the horror stories about people waiting for cheques :)
    Not only that but the proceeds from upgrades (not a profit because face value of course) and a US debit card make for a good way to cover USD expenses on tour.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Zod said:
    Not only that but the proceeds from upgrades (not a profit because face value of course) and a US debit card make for a good way to cover USD expenses on tour.  

Yah, the other thing I use it for, it sometimes something comes out in the US only (like a limited edition record), or you want to use a US streaming service, and you need a US thing to pay for them.  I find it comes in handy a few times a year to have a US domiciled bank account.  Originally got it to ditch an extra set of GNR tickets I had after I scored a pit upgrade... but now it's come in handly for fan2fan, and other things over the years.  If the balance gets too big I spend it while I'm in the US :)
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Yah, the other thing I use it for, it sometimes something comes out in the US only (like a limited edition record), or you want to use a US streaming service, and you need a US thing to pay for them.  I find it comes in handy a few times a year to have a US domiciled bank account.  Originally got it to ditch an extra set of GNR tickets I had after I scored a pit upgrade... but now it's come in handly for fan2fan, and other things over the years.  If the balance gets too big I spend it while I'm in the US :)
    Do you actually have to physically be in the US when you open a US account or do the US dollar accounts work?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Do you actually have to physically be in the US when you open a US account or do the US dollar accounts work?
    Nope, I did it online, and chose pennsylvania as my home branch as it's the closest branch to the West Coast, but I didn't have to go there.  I also have a USD account in Canada, so if I want to send funds to the US account, I used the VISA transfer tool.  If I wanted to send funds from the USD US account to the USD Canada account, I have to call in, and they do it as a wire, then reverse the wire fee a few days later.

search for TD cross border banking on google, it should have more details.

so basically for ease of use you want a USD account in CAD and another one in the US if you want to move funds around.  
    Only thing to ensure is to not get an interest bearing account so as to not have US income.  

• :| nicole said:
    Yeah!!! Unless you have a USD account (as mentioned above) don’t do it!! It’s such a hastle  :|
    Hamilton - 9/15/11
    Buffalo - 10/12/13
    Seattle - 12/6/13
    Detroit - 10/16/14
    Quebec CIty - 5/5/16
    Ottawa - 5/8/16
    Toronto 1 - 5/10/16
    Toronto 2 - 5/12/16
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle Home show 1 - 8/8/18
    Seattle Home show 2 - 8/10/18