Ed solo results thread

1235»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Given2Fly said:
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    This feels like another Ticketmaster scam sale... nobody on these boards, or that I know irl got picked for the verified fan. Shame this is where we're at in the concert ticket world, grabbed by the nuts by a company that gives zero fucks about the actual concerts. Guarantee 500 "premium tickets" show up on their site though that get Ticketmaster 8x the fees as profits. Oh wait, no, the premium tickets "offset the low price of the $250/ea face value tickets they're losing money on" ... LOL
    Someone posted the other day, that you can buy these packages for tens of thousands or a hundred thousand dollars which include a significant amount of tickets to the shows.  I've got the feeling what they didn't mention was they've blocked off a bunch of tickets for that fundraiser.   I suppose they don't know in advance how many they'll sell that way.  Maybe we'll get lucky with ticket drops a bit later on, but I bet the ones that don't sell, will get allocated to platinum first, and not blown out until the final week if they don't sell at platinum prices.

Not sure if this is entirely on TM. They invented the platinum thing, but bands sure love the extra revenue stream.  I wish they hadn't though.   The new fangled concept that it's better to wait until a show is about to happen to buy tickets, then try to buy them at the beginning messes with my had, and makes planning concert trips challenging :(
    Yeah, I know, and I appreciate and respect the charity aspect of it. I don't respect word salad bullshit, though which is what this is:
    "Eddie Vedder continues to try to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets by providing presale tickets to Ten Club members, making tickets non-transferable, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through Eddie Vedder Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs. Tickets on this tour will continue to be non-transferable."

It really rubbed me the wrong way, especially from a band who started the fight against shit like this so long ago, but has just decided "eh, f it" at this point. Robert Smith proved the artists are the only people who can control how crazy TM goes with fees and prices, and at this point anybody who doesn't do that obviously just doesn't care.
    yah... I feel like PJ falls in the middle.  The absolutely aren't the cheapest or most fan friendly band anymore, but they also aren't the least.    Bands like Springsteen, Tool, Rolling Stones, charge so much more for tickets, and use platinum much more aggressively.

What I'm shocked with is Metallica.  They basically offer what PJ offers for free.  I used to dip in and out of their fan club just to get tickets, but when they went free I got locked into legacy status, so it's pretty easy to get access to Metallica tickets... albeit they now play stadiums so there's plenty of tickets to go around.  I know they have expensive tickets too, but they're amazing fan friendly at the same time.

I suppose the question is, should EV have played a larger venue?  Would the charity make more $$ if there were more tickets to sell, and would more fans be able to attend.  Maybe they got cold feet after last years shows and being stuck with that many tickets at the end.
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Posts: 176
    I got a VF code for Monday after I already got selected for 10c on Monday. Go figure 
  • I just found tix on stubhub, any chance they can cancel the tickets? asking because it states that tickets will be delivered on or before the day before the show. 
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Posts: 168
    I just found tix on stubhub, any chance they can cancel the tickets? asking because it states that tickets will be delivered on or before the day before the show. 
    hahahahahaahahahahaha! Just pulled up stubhub. What do these people think this is? A Taylor Swift concert?
  • Zod said:
    Just wanted to say thanks to those who commented regarding feeling safe / fine in Seattle. My excitement is back!
    haha, I don't feel it's quite bad as walking to the Rickshaw :)

Went to the Rickshaw last August for a show. Show was awesome. But commute to show - ooof!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    This feels like another Ticketmaster scam sale... nobody on these boards, or that I know irl got picked for the verified fan. Shame this is where we're at in the concert ticket world, grabbed by the nuts by a company that gives zero fucks about the actual concerts. Guarantee 500 "premium tickets" show up on their site though that get Ticketmaster 8x the fees as profits. Oh wait, no, the premium tickets "offset the low price of the $250/ea face value tickets they're losing money on" ... LOL
    Someone posted the other day, that you can buy these packages for tens of thousands or a hundred thousand dollars which include a significant amount of tickets to the shows.  I've got the feeling what they didn't mention was they've blocked off a bunch of tickets for that fundraiser.   I suppose they don't know in advance how many they'll sell that way.  Maybe we'll get lucky with ticket drops a bit later on, but I bet the ones that don't sell, will get allocated to platinum first, and not blown out until the final week if they don't sell at platinum prices.

Not sure if this is entirely on TM. They invented the platinum thing, but bands sure love the extra revenue stream.  I wish they hadn't though.   The new fangled concept that it's better to wait until a show is about to happen to buy tickets, then try to buy them at the beginning messes with my had, and makes planning concert trips challenging :(
    Yeah, I know, and I appreciate and respect the charity aspect of it. I don't respect word salad bullshit, though which is what this is:
    "Eddie Vedder continues to try to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets by providing presale tickets to Ten Club members, making tickets non-transferable, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through Eddie Vedder Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs. Tickets on this tour will continue to be non-transferable."

It really rubbed me the wrong way, especially from a band who started the fight against shit like this so long ago, but has just decided "eh, f it" at this point. Robert Smith proved the artists are the only people who can control how crazy TM goes with fees and prices, and at this point anybody who doesn't do that obviously just doesn't care.
    yah... I feel like PJ falls in the middle.  The absolutely aren't the cheapest or most fan friendly band anymore, but they also aren't the least.    Bands like Springsteen, Tool, Rolling Stones, charge so much more for tickets, and use platinum much more aggressively.

What I'm shocked with is Metallica.  They basically offer what PJ offers for free.  I used to dip in and out of their fan club just to get tickets, but when they went free I got locked into legacy status, so it's pretty easy to get access to Metallica tickets... albeit they now play stadiums so there's plenty of tickets to go around.  I know they have expensive tickets too, but they're amazing fan friendly at the same time.

I suppose the question is, should EV have played a larger venue?  Would the charity make more $$ if there were more tickets to sell, and would more fans be able to attend.  Maybe they got cold feet after last years shows and being stuck with that many tickets at the end.
    I'll disagree with you a little bit on Tool.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I've always been able to get great Tool tix at standard admission prices.  PJ is much harder to get a good seat for without the fan club or "Premium".  That's been my experience anyway.  
    mr bungle said:
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:

I'll disagree with you a little bit on Tool.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I've always been able to get great Tool tix at standard admission prices.  PJ is much harder to get a good seat for without the fan club or "Premium".  That's been my experience anyway.  
    yah definitely without the fan club.  The fan club gets so many tickets, there's not much on regular sale.   I found I could get mediocre Tool tickets for face. Getting good ones for face was much harder :(
  • Given2Fly said:
    I just found tix on stubhub, any chance they can cancel the tickets? asking because it states that tickets will be delivered on or before the day before the show. 
    hahahahahaahahahahaha! Just pulled up stubhub. What do these people think this is? A Taylor Swift concert?
    not sure, but tier 2 were $154 so I jumped on them. 
    how are people able to sell them on stubhub if you can't transfer them?  dummie TM accounts?
  • Given2Fly said:
    You paid $154 per ticket on Stubhub?  That might be below face value.  I wouldn't be surprised if the seller tries to back out.  Hopefully that sticks for you.
    Gorge
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,529
    Anyone on VF waitlist subsequently get a code after sale started?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:
    Anyone on VF waitlist subsequently get a code after sale started?
    negative. I've only seen one person get off the waitlist ever.  I think it was me with Springsteen, but my friend got in right away so had already gotten us tickets.  Aside from that I've never seen or heard of people getting off the waitlist.

I'm guessing with the size of the venue there are no left over tickets to pull people off the waitlist.  It'd be nice if the turned off the verified fan requirement so you could scoff at the platinum prices :)
    Haha, I'm with you completely! At this point, I've realized there's almost zero chance of coming off waitlist, but there's a part of me that wants to get in (if only to say "$2000 [or whatever the crazy price]! ...what the *$%!!!*")
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    But there's some comfort in knowing that it's going to charity in this case.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
  • tylerjtylerj Posts: 299
    You can't say Premium is in place to offset rising touring costs when all proceeds are going to charity. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• julieferjuliefer Posts: 395

Well, these comments have tempered my excitement about going to the show. But appreciate them. Any tips on where to stay in Seattle? How to get back to hotel after the show?  (Single woman travelling down from Vancouver, on the train if I can.) thx.  
    We often stay at the Moore which is about a 5 min walk away. As long as you don't walk right on 3rd to get there, it is pretty similar to Vancouver. There are also a few hotels right around Benaroya you could stay at. During the day it is a busy area and easy to avoid the streets that look dicey.
  • juliefer said:

Well, these comments have tempered my excitement about going to the show. But appreciate them. Any tips on where to stay in Seattle? How to get back to hotel after the show?  (Single woman travelling down from Vancouver, on the train if I can.) thx.  
    We often stay at the Moore which is about a 5 min walk away. As long as you don't walk right on 3rd to get there, it is pretty similar to Vancouver. There are also a few hotels right around Benaroya you could stay at. During the day it is a busy area and easy to avoid the streets that look dicey.

Thank you!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • jsilsbyjsilsby Posts: 14
    I have a room at the Sheraton at Pike/6th. How safe if a walk will that be between the hotel and Benaroya?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Given2Fly said:
    You paid $154 per ticket on Stubhub?  That might be below face value.  I wouldn't be surprised if the seller tries to back out.  Hopefully that sticks for you.
    Yeah that was a frequent occurrence with Taylor Swift. My brother bought tickets from stubhub early on to take his daughter, then after the tour started and the market spiked, the seller canceled before delivering the tickets. Stubhub claimed no replacement tickets were available so all he got was a refund and wound up having to buy at the higher price 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Crazy…after the 03 Benaroya Hall show I walked back to my hotel across from the Space Needle and aside from getting nearly run over by Matt along the way I didn’t once feel at risk.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Posts: 176
    jsilsby said:
    I have a room at the Sheraton at Pike/6th. How safe if a walk will that be between the hotel and Benaroya?
    You'll be fine I would just go up University to 6th. Avoid walking on 3rd & pike, that is one worst corners in the city. Its the area just to the north of Benaroya Hall that you want to avoid. 
  • I’m staying out by the airport and taking the Light Rail to university so it’s right there then on the way back the rail back to airport station.  It seems pretty straightforward for this Massachusetts guy to handle lol
  • jsilsby said:
    I haven’t booked yet but was looking at hotels in that area. Hopefully there will be a crowd of us heading in that direction. 
    I'm surprised they still haven't removed the verified fan requirement, so people can peruse or buy the platinum tickets.   Usually the first few days a show is on sale for is the most you can get for platinum tickets, due the frenzy of the onsale.
    I think they finally remember to remove the verified fan restriction, which is crazy, because the platinum tickets that were there got gobbled up already.  I know they'll trickle them out as time goes on, but I've got a feeling demand for these is much higher than last year.  Last year the platinum tickets just sat there and they didn't move too many of them.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    I think that's it for traditional TM online.
    They probably held back quite a few for the $5k - $250k ticket packages.

Will probably see what sells through those avenues, then the remainder at the box office day of show.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    edited August 2023
    yah, there's zero platinum tickets up right now.. so I wonder if the 10% also included the ones going to charity, or if the charity ones are above and beyond the 10%.  I would of expect them to trickle out some more platinums by now, as usually with platinums, you rarely run out by show time.

Definitely seems a harder get then the Earthlings shows, but those felt challenging at the beginning, until they opened fan2fan, and then it got progressively easier over time.
    Post edited by Zod on