Enter to Win a Signed 1998 Pearl Jam Maui Poster. Help support those impacted by the Maui wildfires

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
edited August 2023 in The Porch

donate to Vitalogy Foundation AND SUPPORT HAWAII ORGANIZATIONS HELPING THOSE AFFECTED BY THE MAUI WILDFIRES

Win a Pearl Jam-Signed 1998 Hawaii Poster Reissue

with your donation, you are entered to win:

🖼️

2018 2XL print reissue of the 1998 Pearl Jam Hawaii poster signed by all five current members of Pearl Jam, plus touring keyboardist and lifelong Hawaii resident Boom Gaspar

• Artist: Ames Bros
  • Size: 31.75” x 60 in” 2XL Print
  • 2 colors, plus 3 color split fountain screen printed poster
  • Signed and numbered by the artist
  • Limited Edition 1 out of 100

END DATE: 09/03/2023

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,111
    the band/10c/and VF are amazing as always using their art to help others.  Just wish they used another means to fundraise as this admin fee by the host is terribly insane when people need help:
    “75/25” – 75% of all donations is distributed directly to the participating 501(c)(3) nonprofit through The Giving Back Fund and 25% is distributed to Fandiem.

Fandiem is a Social Enterprise company, which means that we are a for-profit company whose primary function is to benefit social programs and accredited charities. Our % distribution is used to cover a myriad of costs, including but not limited to credit card processing fees, legal and insurance costs, individual sweepstakes bonding, government registrations, and general operational costs.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Wow thats a fantastic item, and those sigs must be huge given the size of these things. Very cool
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    pdalowsky said:
    Wow thats a fantastic item, and those sigs must be huge given the size of these things. Very cool
    ah I see 'for illustration purposes'  

Im an idiot
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    My wife goes to Maui for a medical conference every summer and I get to tag along.  We were just there six weeks ago.  It is very sad to see the devastation caused by the fires.

I am glad PJ is helping the cause!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178

SUPPORT HAWAII ORGANIZATIONS HELPING THOSE AFFECTED BY THE MAUI WILDFIRES

In early August 2023, a series of wildfires broke out in Hawaii. The wind-driven fires prompted evacuations, caused widespread damage, and killed dozens of people in the town of Lahaina. 

In an effort to raise support for organizations helping those affected by the wildfires, Pearl Jam and Vitalogy Foundation are offering fans a chance to win a limited-edition 2018 2XL print reissue of Pearl Jam’s 1998 tour poster from Hawaii, signed by all five current members of Pearl Jam plus touring keyboardist and lifelong Hawaii resident Boom Gaspar.

Poster Details:

• Artist: Ames Bros
    • Size: 31.75” x 60 in” 2XL Print
  • Thank you. I donated.We went there a few years ago. So sad to see all this destruction. Thoughts are with all those people who have lost so much. 🙏
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Lucky enough to have had the opportunity to visit there 4 times in the last 30 years. Will never be the same. Thoughts and prayers to the locals. 
    ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES: Open to legal residents of the United States only

Up!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I did a $25 donation
    also did Red Cross and others

its shocking to see the devastation 
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,111
    From PJ's facebook post:

"Thanks to your donations we're now donating $200,000 to immediately help those affected by the Maui Wildfires. We're also now giving away TWO SIGNED POSTERS with TWO WINNERS. For a chance to win one of two posters signed by the 5 members of Pearl Jam and Boom Gaspar, please keep donating at: https://pj.lnk.to/PJSignedHawaiiPosterFP"

Truly amazing that so much can be raised with the healing art and music of the best band ever and the best fan base ever. Question though is that $200K gross or net after the 25% cut for the platform that hosts the donations? I'm hoping they give it back to increase the help to Hawaii.  
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    From PJ's facebook post:

"Thanks to your donations we're now donating $200,000 to immediately help those affected by the Maui Wildfires. We're also now giving away TWO SIGNED POSTERS with TWO WINNERS. For a chance to win one of two posters signed by the 5 members of Pearl Jam and Boom Gaspar, please keep donating at: https://pj.lnk.to/PJSignedHawaiiPosterFP"

Truly amazing that so much can be raised with the healing art and music of the best band ever and the best fan base ever. Question though is that $200K gross or net after the 25% cut for the platform that hosts the donations? I'm hoping they give it back to increase the help to Hawaii.  
    Hopefully the various platforms see fit to reduce their fees related to Maui charities.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Agreed, the one I donated to has 100% of the donation go to relief efforts.

Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement - Kākoʻo Maui
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

Up!
    edited August 2023

1. Eligibility.

The Fandiem Foundation Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Oregon) who, at the time of entry, are at 18 years of age and the age of majority in their local jurisdiction. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor or Administrator (each defined below), or any of its or their respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, suppliers, distributors, retailers or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and stepparents, siblings and stepsiblings, and children and stepchildren) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s (“Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon selected Entrant fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Post edited by demetrios on

A special message from Boom Gaspar and our thanks to everyone who has supported Maui in any way so far.

Bump!

• Entered! This a great cause! 🫶🙏
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    Hopefully someone here won this.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Drawing is 9/6. I hope someone here gets it as well.