Options

People who talk non stop at concerts

Comments

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    Malroth said:
    Beware the dangers of the mosh pit A look back  Dangerous Minds
    i get it, but after 20 yrs of doing this at concerts, it makes me chuckle a bit.
    Just saw the Dropkick Murphys on St. Patrick’s Day by Fenway Park and saw a MoshPit and crowd surfing for the first time in years.

nice
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,423
    marra2312 said:
    I have no problem with photos/video, unless it is right blocking my eyeline. I've taken enough mementos over the decades like that which I do go back and look at to remind me of some happy times.

But the talking one is just plain rude. There's easier and cheaper ways to have a conversation that don't require you to shout yourself hoarse and annoy everyone around you.
    As someone who started seeing concerts before cell phones.....I hate the CONSTANT videos and worst of all, the FLASH... but talking through songs and raising voices to be heard over a song is the worst. 
    This is generally directly related to level of intoxication. F'ing rude is putting it mildly.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,515
    I hate people who talk through songs, but even worse, I hate people who talk through Eddie (or anyone else) talking too.   Dude, I came to see Pearl Jam.  I didnt come to hear about your office job dynamics.  STFU.  And stop talking through the quiet ballads, too.  Just because your friend can hear you now that Even Flow is done, doesnt mean its a green light to resume your conversation.  If the conversation is that important, go out in the concourse and talk.  

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    bizbiz Posts: 49
    deb1211 said:
    Happened to me in Austin
    Same!! It was the entire show. The guy keep bouncing back and forth trying to talk me and the people to his left. 
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden Posts: 100
    edited March 25
    We went to see Bob Dylan (who does not allow mobile phones which I kind of like) late last year and 2 guys were talking non stop through the show.  2 women asked them to be quiet and still nothing finally, I said STFU and that did seem to work.  I am not big just get angry  with asshats sometimes.  I wasn't too upset as I could not understand a word, did not recognize any of the songs and the stage was so dark could barely see anything.
    Although in Chicago N2 last year the couple behind us would was so drunk, would not shut up, spilt beer on me, and fell on me twice was really annoying. Silver lining they were so drunk they forgot their poster, t-shirt, and license plate under their chair.  I always sit back down wait for the crowd to thin a bit plus I just saw a great show still soaking it in...I look back saw the poster tube and was like...hmmm Karma...  They also yelled play Alive during the entire show even after they played it, the worst.
    Post edited by bzouiden on
    Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    bzouiden said:
    We went to see Bob Dylan (who does not allow mobile phones which I kind of like) late last year and 2 guys were talking non stop through the show.  2 women asked them to be quiet and still nothing finally, I said STFU and that did seem to work.  I am not big just get angry  with asshats sometimes.  I wasn't too upset as I could not understand a word, did not recognize any of the songs and the stage was so dark could barely see anything.
    Although in Chicago N2 last year the couple behind us would was so drunk, would not shut up, spilt beer on me, and fell on me twice was really annoying. Silver lining they were so drunk they forgot their poster, t-shirt, and license plate under their chair.  I always sit back down wait for the crowd to thin a bit plus I just saw a great show still soaking it in...I look back saw the poster tube and was like...hmmm Karma...  
    This is just funny, how some require them and other prohibit them. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 769
    Just spread a good fart into the wild
  • Options
    edited March 25
    Well kind of interesting how they did the dylan show, you still use your phone for the ticket via axis app but then they have you put your device in a bag with a magnetic lock.  Basically as soon as get passed the gate your phone is in the bag and they have people that can unlock the bag and areas outside the show that you can use them. 
    Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,460
    bzouiden said:
    Well kind of interesting how they did the dylan show, you still use your phone for the ticket via axis app but then they have you put your device in a bag with a magnetic lock.  Basically as soon as get passed the gate your phone is in the bag and they have people that can unlock the bag and areas outside the show that you can use them. 
    What happens when someone comes to your seat and says it's their seat (because one of you is in the wrong section)?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656
    BF25394 said:
    bzouiden said:
    What happens when someone comes to your seat and says it's their seat (because one of you is in the wrong section)?

Then you'd probably both have to go and get your bags unlocked at the unlocking stations in the concourse and figure it out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,998
    bzouiden said:
    Although in Chicago N2 last year the couple behind us would was so drunk, would not shut up, spilt beer on me, and fell on me twice was really annoying. Silver lining they were so drunk they forgot their poster, t-shirt, and license plate under their chair.  I always sit back down wait for the crowd to thin a bit plus I just saw a great show still soaking it in...I look back saw the poster tube and was like...hmmm Karma...  They also yelled play Alive during the entire show even after they played it, the worst.
    When I saw Bono do his book event at the Beacon they bagged our phones and smart watches. It was really frustrating not knowing what time it was. I kept looking at my wrist out of habit. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    bzouiden said:
    When I saw Bono do his book event at the Beacon they bagged our phones and smart watches. It was really frustrating not knowing what time it was. I kept looking at my wrist out of habit. 
    Did you need to leave at a certain time?
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    bzouiden said:
    If I remember correctly they did give you a little paper ticket with your section and seat.
    Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,062
    I enjoy pictures as much as the next person, but last year at Smashing Pumpkins, a lady right in front of me (in the pit no less), literally took  pictures the entire night. I tried to ignore it and enjoy the show, but it was so constant I couldn't believe it. Why in the world she needed 500 pictures of Billy Corgan, I have no idea!
    That must do it for her. :)
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,998
    edited March 26
    BF25394 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    bzouiden said:
    Did you need to leave at a certain time?
    No. But it is just a habit to look at my watch every so often. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    Never thought you'd habit
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    Robbert said:
    What's worse at a gig - a punter sat in front of you who keeps talking or one that keeps farting?
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,287
    Robbert said:
    What's worse at a gig - a punter sat in front of you who keeps talking or one that keeps farting?
    Lol...both bad
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 769
    Robbert said:
    🤣
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    Talker please
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    I also hate when its quiet and some tool shouts out some utter embarrassing bullshit and literally everyone except that guy thinks . Fuck off mate
    The worst one of these I witnessed was at a Ben Harper show. After he finishes Don’t Take that Attitude to your Grave, some jag-off yells “No more cover songs”. Ben had to tell him that was one of his. Hopefully the guy hid in the back the rest of the show
    That's hilarious
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I hate people who talk through songs, but even worse, I hate people who talk through Eddie (or anyone else) talking too.   Dude, I came to see Pearl Jam.  I didnt come to hear about your office job dynamics.  

But you have no idea what Bob from accounting said to Jen from Human Resources in the break room while Haywood from IT was heating up his leftover chicken piccata.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 224
    I was in GA at St Paul N1 last year and there was a guy to my right (thankfully not in front of me) who was holding his phone up, slightly above his head, recording video the ENTIRE time. Literally never brought it down for like 2.5 hours. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    I was in GA at St Paul N1 last year and there was a guy to my right (thankfully not in front of me) who was holding his phone up, slightly above his head, recording video the ENTIRE time. Literally never brought it down for like 2.5 hours. 
    The push should be for people to just keep the phone no higher than their head. I don’t care if that’s someone’s thing, but do you have to fully extend your arms? 
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Another reason to wear a mask...
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I hate people who talk through songs, but even worse, I hate people who talk through Eddie (or anyone else) talking too.   Dude, I came to see Pearl Jam.  I didnt come to hear about your office job dynamics.  

But you have no idea what Bob from accounting said to Jen from Human Resources in the break room while Haywood from IT was heating up his leftover chicken piccata.
    Was it that he saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night?
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 286
    Loujoe said:
    Never thought you'd habit
    Wow, I'm listening to this song currently as I surf the forum, and I saw this comment.  And the chorus was playing at the same time I read it.  Absolutely amazing, and one of the coolest moments I've ever experienced while online.  No Code on repeat today.  Cheers!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,515
    Poncier said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Thats a good point.  I can get all that just before the encore. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,026

Above his head? Yeah that's stupid. If that ever happens next time use your poster tube & bat that camera to oblivion.

• Options
    marra2312marra2312 Posts: 49
    marra2312 said:
    I have no problem with photos/video, unless it is right blocking my eyeline. I've taken enough mementos over the decades like that which I do go back and look at to remind me of some happy times.

But the talking one is just plain rude. There's easier and cheaper ways to have a conversation that don't require you to shout yourself hoarse and annoy everyone around you.
    As someone who started seeing concerts before cell phones.....I hate the CONSTANT videos and worst of all, the FLASH... but talking through songs and raising voices to be heard over a song is the worst. 
    This is generally directly related to level of intoxication. F'ing rude is putting it mildly.

The flash is irritating, especially because it is usually completely pointless in terms of what it does to the photo. As is having your screen set to a high level of brightness so that it illuminates things.

Basically, just don't be a dick is a sensible rule for shows. Sadly too many people are dicks. Damn them.