Reselling fan to fan tickets; resale price shortfall.

JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
Has anyone else noticed that the resale price is less than what you paid?  I “won” seats to Chicago and Austin that I wouldn’t take for free.  Put them up for fan to fan resale and the price was $12-14 less per ticket.  I emailed Ten Club showing the receipts from buying and selling and received no response.

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    I noticed that for Chicago.  It was 10% less.  That’s the standard TM commission.  My theory is for Chicago since tickets are transferable they charge a fee for selling through them.  But it’s just a theory.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 829
    I noticed for Austin that the resale tickets were like $150, which is less than what we paid. If we aren't getting 100% back on F2F, that kind of kills moving up unless the seats are a lot better. That might actually be the point of them doing it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    We'll see what happens if/when it opens back up. I'm not 100% certain Fan to Fan was operating correctly during that brief window when it operated at all. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    I bought a pair on F2F for Chicago when it was open and it ended up being about $30 less than ones I got from 10C. I figured it had something to do with not having a second set of TM fees tacked on. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    I'm thinking the difference is the taxes we paid originally; we're not getting that back, about $12/ticket
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 252
    2022 f2f you got the full amount originally paid. It should have been communicated if there was going to be a change.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Spurs14 said:
    2022 f2f you got the full amount originally paid. It should have been communicated if there was going to be a change.
    Yeah, I was surprised we got taxes back last year; it was if they treated the new "sale" as a "refund" instead
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2023
    Be happy that it just seems to be taxes. As I've mentioned before, they were charging full-on fees for F2F sales for other bands last year, even though there was no mention of this prior to selling. 
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    Be happy that it just seems to be taxes. I As I've mentioned before, they were charging full-on fees for F2F sales for other bands last year, even though there was no mention of this prior to selling. 
    It’s not taxes - and on the Ft Worth show the full amount was refunded.  In any case, the terms of the fan club resale were very clear that you would resell at what you paid.  There was no indication of any fees.  

The last tour, the Platinum seats (non fan club) wouldn’t  let you sell for anything LESS than what you paid.  I had bought 2 of those for Fresno for over $500 and couldn’t resell.  I appreciate they want to keep out the scalpers, but there are clearly problems with the system.  I’ve been a 10 club member for 8 years and never got a decent seat.  I actually first joined 20 years ago and stopped after a few years for that very reason.  
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    Looking at the amount, it doesn’t match taxes, fees or anything else.  It appears to be an error.  I emailed 10 Club but no reply.