Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Just listed Austin N2, sec 115
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    There are a crazy amount of tickets for tonight for $160 or less. I should have waited longer.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MS14938MS14938 Posts: 50
    Have a pair on aisle in 102 r10. If interested in a timed drop or meet up before the show send me a note.
  • bluetuned said:
    First of all, I hate complaining when a band is trying to get tickets into the hands of their true fans. I truly believe that is what PJ are trying to do here.

However, This whole thing is a gong show. I had no idea you could exchange tickets for better ones. I went and bought better ones thinking the whole time I would have to sell my original so-so tickets. That needs to be communicated much more clearly. Now of course I am stuck with tickets for tonights show that probably wont sell and I cannot exhange?

holding out hope decent tix for saturday drop that I can exchange for....glad i didnt buy another pair....
    You weren't confused. Ticket "exchange" is just a way of talking about selling them from fan to fan. You still have to hope someone buys your other seats.
    No, it sounds like there was a way to actually exchange tickets via TM support.
    Mmmmm. I don’t think so.  Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe that to be accurate.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Listed a pair for tonight in 116 Row 21.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    bluetuned said:
    First of all, I hate complaining when a band is trying to get tickets into the hands of their true fans. I truly believe that is what PJ are trying to do here.

However, This whole thing is a gong show. I had no idea you could exchange tickets for better ones. I went and bought better ones thinking the whole time I would have to sell my original so-so tickets. That needs to be communicated much more clearly. Now of course I am stuck with tickets for tonights show that probably wont sell and I cannot exhange?

holding out hope decent tix for saturday drop that I can exchange for....glad i didnt buy another pair....
    You weren't confused. Ticket "exchange" is just a way of talking about selling them from fan to fan. You still have to hope someone buys your other seats.
    Mmmmm. I don’t think so.  Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe that to be accurate.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7727768/#Comment_7727768

Read from there on. I have no actual experience with it but it sounds to me like it was an option.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,548
    edited August 2023
    So, to clear things up about TM ticket exchange:

If you go to your ticket order for a particular show (let's say St. Paul N2 on Saturday), you can initiate a chat with an agent on the TM app, or website.

And if you can find a seat with a blue dot that's Standard Admission, Admit One, or insert variation here, you can exchange your existing tickets for a possible "better" single, or pair.

If you choose something marked as PJ Premium, it won't work at all. You'd have to pay the difference. 

So, a successful exchange. Let's say you have Sec 210, Row 9, Seat 10. And you initiate a chat. As of this writing you could pick from seats in any of these sections:

Not that much difference, but you could move lower as of this writing. Additionally, if StP N2 follows StP N1's pattern, more Premiums could (and will) drop down tomorrow to normal price: $160.08

There are a few catches: if you make a request & it's successful, you can't switch back.

You have until 24 (or 48 - check the Help tab)  hrs before doors (or event start time - not sure) to make the request in the chat. Anything after gets shot down (a few souls tried today & were unsuccessful).

Also, I don't believe it works on F2F exchange tickets that you wish to acquire. It has to be blue dots. Seats held by the venue. No magenta with the arrow.

So, keep this in mind if you have uppers for any of the upcoming shows. You might be able to score a better seat!
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Yes, there are certain criteria/circumstances where TM WILL let you exchange your tickets for better tickets. I've done it. There is a list of criteria somewhere on their Help Center. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I think it had be at least 48 hours before the show (at least for the instance I did it). 
    Go Animal said:

If you go to your ticket order for a particular show (let's say St. Paul N2 on Saturday), you can initiate a chat with an agent on the TM app, or website.

And if you can find a seat with a blue dot that's Standard Admission, Admit One, or insert variation here, you can exchange your existing tickets for a possible "better" single, or pair.

If you choose something marked as PJ Premium, it won't work at all. You'd have to pay the difference. 

So, a successful exchange. Let's say you have Sec 210, Row 9, Seat 10. And you initiate a chat. As of this writing you could pick from seats in any of these sections:

Not that much difference, but you could move lower as of this writing. Additionally, if StP N2 follows StP N1's pattern, more Premiums could (and will) drop down tomorrow to normal price: $160.08

There are a few catches: if you make a request & it's successful, you can't switch back.

You have until 24 hrs before doors (or event start time - not sure) to make the request in the chat. Anything after gets shot down (a few souls tried today & were unsuccessful).

Also, I don't believe it works on F2F exchange tickets that you wish to acquire. It has to be blue dots. Seats held by the venue. No magenta with the arrow.

So, keep this in mind if you have uppers for any of the upcoming shows. You might be able to score a better seat!
    Excellent. Thanks so much for the detailed answer.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Go Animal said:

You have until 24 (or 48 - check the Help tab)  hrs before doors (or event start time - not sure) to make the request in the chat. Anything after gets shot down (a few souls tried today & were unsuccessful).

excellent write up/. thank you! 
  • then you have to figure out which ticket provider you got your tickets through, because TM will only exchange TM tickets.....even though the tickets are on their website, it could be elsewhere

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,329
    Go Animal said:

"As of this Writing"?  im not getting this?
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,533
    mr bungle said:
    Go Animal said:

as of the time he wrote this up, those seats were available 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Okay, but the problem is, TM wont do the exchange if you got your ticket via the pearl jam fanclub drop, becuase that was done by Tickets Today and as far as i can tell, they dont do exchanges....one more reason to hate this fan club drop
    mr bungle said:
    Go Animal said:

That's the part in all of this that was confusing!?!?
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,548
    mr bungle said:
    Go Animal said:

As in, its a time sensitive process & the ticket inventory is constantly in Flux.

Premiums drop to Standard at random times, so the screencap I made is probably already out of date. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Listed a pair in 105 for StP night 2.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • chester0711chester0711 Posts: 65
    edited August 2023
    Well, there is a set of Sec 109 row 5 that are up for night 2 SPM, should give a nice angle (straight on) at the stage?
    edited August 2023
    A pair popped up in 102 for StP night 2 on the aisle, so I snagged those.

Post edited by madtowndave on
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    for both STP shows Watch for Floor Center Rows 8 to about 15 be added... there is way too much room for the mix and once the floor is set and inventory taken seats will be added and dropped .. 
    Listed a pair in 105 for StP night 2.
    Those went quick.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • jromejrome Posts: 69
    Sec 104 row 15 seats 3,4. 
    whole row of premiums for this eve just dropped in 102 - 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,533
    whole row of premiums for this eve just dropped in 102 - 
    why are they still releasing them as premium? theres no way they would sell 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    jwc6160 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I have a 435*** number. I believe that to be pretty close to middle seniority, with an unknown number of lapsed accounts in front of me and numbers behind currently stretching into the 700,000s. I have always been pleased with my seats. They weren't the closest, but they were lower bowl on the wings in arenas and just off the floor at Wrigley and Fenway. 

Chicago this year changed that. 333 one show, 334 the next. That was a shock. These were tickets I would have never bought on my own, and tickets I had no reason to believe I would get through 10c. Yes, we knew there would be some fan club seats in the upper decks, but we had no idea how very many that would turn out to be. Again, middle of the road seniority. Half the club has worse seats than me. 

I do understand trying to get as many seats as possible, but for years that wasn't the deal. It was a chance at the best seats in the house. With "PJ Premium" and huge allotments of subpar 10c tickets, for a lot of us that chance is gone.      
    I'm an idiot and just never paid throughout the years so i'm like 600k or something. I've gotten decent seats prior to this, but nothing great obviously. With my number, I have zero chance at "good" seats. I have always used the club to "be in the building", but that seems pointless now. At this point, I don't even care if I eat my current seats. If I can get lucky and score really good seats and end up paying $320 a piece (new plus eating the old) I'm perfectly fine with it. I would have just loved that option in the first place. 
    That's not true though....you could have scored GA regardless of your senority
    Fair point on GA. I (really my wife) prefers a good seat over GA so I would have just tried to trade it for a seat somehow anyway. Fair point regardless. Getting GA would almost guarantee me a good seat as GA is a hot commodity. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
    A nice pair just dropped in 102 Row 4 for Saturday night.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    I have a spare Indy reserved. Looking to be ticket buddies with a Chi 2 reserved (or GA - but not worried about that one.)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• bluetuned said:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7727768/#Comment_7727768

Read from there on. I have no actual experience with it but it sounds to me like it was an option.
    Welp shows what I know. I think it would be a long shot since face value blue check seats don't last long for certain shows, but it's probably worth a shot if you can't afford to have to eat the cost of the seats you don't want.
  • They dropped premiums in the first row of 118 last night at $500 a pop and they’re pretty much gone
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
This discussion has been closed.