Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• dgpj92dgpj92 Posts: 92
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Quick note, for ST1 those in the uppers and rears. you can trade your tickets for some of those close sides face value seats.. do it! 
    That if you initiate a chat in the TM app or site? And it's gotta be blue dots, I believe...
    yes you need to chat and cant trade premiums, need to be face value for same.. 
    👍

I just tried this for STP 1. No luck. The agent said it has to be done prior to 24 hours before the show. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    SHZA said:
    The latest TransferGate twist: one of the transferees has the ticket still and a barcode comes up and everything. The other had the ticket Xd out immediately and it doesn't even show up 
    And I am still in transferor hell 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SHZA said:
    The latest TransferGate twist: one of the transferees has the ticket still and a barcode comes up and everything. The other had the ticket Xd out immediately and it doesn't even show up 
    Ffs
  • I scored Sec A tix for Indy early this morning!
    Damn! I don't think I've seen any that close get posted recently - nice score!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    I scored Sec A tix for Indy early this morning!
    damn dude...those are great seats
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    I'm a little lost on the whole transfer scandal. Can someone give me a recap? I've read the posts but Im confused.
    Did StP folks try to transfer their tickets and now whatever was transferred is basically in purgatory?

(pure curiousity on my end..)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

Amazing score!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

And here I thought my upgrade to Sec C Row X was good!
    And here I thought my upgrade to Sec C Row X was good!
    C row X are great as well 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,533
    Nice score!
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Gibson said:
    I'm a little lost on the whole transfer scandal. Can someone give me a recap? I've read the posts but Im confused.
    Did StP folks try to transfer their tickets and now whatever was transferred is basically in purgatory?

Yea, the transfer button turned on for an hour or so and then turned off. Seems most of the tickets got pulled from the sender and receiver.  People were mad when it opened up, saying that it must have been a planned thing for the resellers. Now, they're mad that it closed.
    Gibson said:

Yea, the transfer button turned on for an hour or so and then turned off. Seems most of the tickets got pulled from the sender and receiver.  People were mad when it opened up, saying that it must have been a planned thing for the resellers. Now, they're mad that it closed.
    Gracias.

• First of all, I hate complaining when a band is trying to get tickets into the hands of their true fans. I truly believe that is what PJ are trying to do here.

However, This whole thing is a gong show. I had no idea you could exchange tickets for better ones. I went and bought better ones thinking the whole time I would have to sell my original so-so tickets. That needs to be communicated much more clearly. Now of course I am stuck with tickets for tonights show that probably wont sell and I cannot exhange?

holding out hope decent tix for saturday drop that I can exchange for....glad i didnt buy another pair....
    I got burnt this year on some Jerry Cantrell tickets in Nashville. I bought them through his fanclub and didn't pay enough attention that I couldn't transfer or sell the tickets.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    Agree with most here. I have a high number so there is zero point in me getting tickets through the club in this current system. It worked out for me because I was able to upgrade and immediately sold my shitty uppers a month ago when demand was higher, but there was no point in purchasing in the first place. It will be interesting to see if they continue this model for future tours. I may still put in for tix in hopes to get lucky, but if I get my usual terrible draw, I will just sell immediately and waste countless hours refreshing ticketmaster to get seats. Most likely I will just skip the first part though.
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    I have a 435*** number. I believe that to be pretty close to middle seniority, with an unknown number of lapsed accounts in front of me and numbers behind currently stretching into the 700,000s. I have always been pleased with my seats. They weren't the closest, but they were lower bowl on the wings in arenas and just off the floor at Wrigley and Fenway. 

Chicago this year changed that. 333 one show, 334 the next. That was a shock. These were tickets I would have never bought on my own, and tickets I had no reason to believe I would get through 10c. Yes, we knew there would be some fan club seats in the upper decks, but we had no idea how very many that would turn out to be. Again, middle of the road seniority. Half the club has worse seats than me. 

I do understand trying to get as many seats as possible, but for years that wasn't the deal. It was a chance at the best seats in the house. With "PJ Premium" and huge allotments of subpar 10c tickets, for a lot of us that chance is gone.      

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    I have a 435*** number. I believe that to be pretty close to middle seniority, with an unknown number of lapsed accounts in front of me and numbers behind currently stretching into the 700,000s. I have always been pleased with my seats. They weren't the closest, but they were lower bowl on the wings in arenas and just off the floor at Wrigley and Fenway. 

Chicago this year changed that. 333 one show, 334 the next. That was a shock. These were tickets I would have never bought on my own, and tickets I had no reason to believe I would get through 10c. Yes, we knew there would be some fan club seats in the upper decks, but we had no idea how very many that would turn out to be. Again, middle of the road seniority. Half the club has worse seats than me. 

I do understand trying to get as many seats as possible, but for years that wasn't the deal. It was a chance at the best seats in the house. With "PJ Premium" and huge allotments of subpar 10c tickets, for a lot of us that chance is gone.      
    I'm 427XXX...my wife is higher and scored GA for Noblesville so no complaint there.

I think my tix for Chicago will be ok. I'm in 333 night one and 303 night 2 (row 1)....those will be ok. If I luck out and find better tix I should be able to sell mine easily since they were only $150 or whatever I paid.

• jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    JimmyV said:

I'm an idiot and just never paid throughout the years so i'm like 600k or something. I've gotten decent seats prior to this, but nothing great obviously. With my number, I have zero chance at "good" seats. I have always used the club to "be in the building", but that seems pointless now. At this point, I don't even care if I eat my current seats. If I can get lucky and score really good seats and end up paying $320 a piece (new plus eating the old) I'm perfectly fine with it. I would have just loved that option in the first place. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
    jwc6160 said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm an idiot and just never paid throughout the years so i'm like 600k or something. I've gotten decent seats prior to this, but nothing great obviously. With my number, I have zero chance at "good" seats. I have always used the club to "be in the building", but that seems pointless now. At this point, I don't even care if I eat my current seats. If I can get lucky and score really good seats and end up paying $320 a piece (new plus eating the old) I'm perfectly fine with it. I would have just loved that option in the first place. 
    That's not true though....you could have scored GA regardless of your senority

• craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    jwc6160 said:
    JimmyV said:

The only reason for high 10C numbers to submit for lottery at this point is for Pri1, in hopes of scoring GA.. but less us forget, the F2F is powered by lottery, and lots of the great seats we move up to are people with low numbers who submit for all the shows and then decide what to keep. Meaning less entries could lead to less available upgrades later. 
  • First of all, I hate complaining when a band is trying to get tickets into the hands of their true fans. I truly believe that is what PJ are trying to do here.

However, This whole thing is a gong show. I had no idea you could exchange tickets for better ones. I went and bought better ones thinking the whole time I would have to sell my original so-so tickets. That needs to be communicated much more clearly. Now of course I am stuck with tickets for tonights show that probably wont sell and I cannot exhange?

holding out hope decent tix for saturday drop that I can exchange for....glad i didnt buy another pair....
    You weren't confused. Ticket "exchange" is just a way of talking about selling them from fan to fan. You still have to hope someone buys your other seats.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Member 416xxx - I bought tickets in 102 for tonight knowing that I probably won't sell my seats in 116 (middle of the row). Having been shut out in the lottery in the past, I was happy to get both nights for StP, even if they were seats I would never purchase on my own. I do wish we could resell these below face to not take a total loss. After years of nosebleeds and lawn seats, I have decided to spoil myself with better seats to fewer concerts now that kids limit the number of events I choose to attend.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • one of the problems with exchange is if you see tickets that are good, they are gone before you can exchange?
  • STP tonight section 102 Row 1 aisle seats are about to be released in 2 minutes. Jump on them!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    STP tonight section 102 Row 1 aisle seats are about to be released in 2 minutes. Jump on them!
    Damn! If I could unload my tickets I would grab these. Somebody is scoring a nice pair.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    bluetuned said:
    First of all, I hate complaining when a band is trying to get tickets into the hands of their true fans. I truly believe that is what PJ are trying to do here.

You weren't confused. Ticket "exchange" is just a way of talking about selling them from fan to fan. You still have to hope someone buys your other seats.
    No, it sounds like there was a way to actually exchange tickets via TM support.
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    Member 416xxx - I bought tickets in 102 for tonight knowing that I probably won't sell my seats in 116 (middle of the row). Having been shut out in the lottery in the past, I was happy to get both nights for StP, even if they were seats I would never purchase on my own. I do wish we could resell these below face to not take a total loss. After years of nosebleeds and lawn seats, I have decided to spoil myself with better seats to fewer concerts now that kids limit the number of events I choose to attend.
    Offer a rebate to someone that buys them on the forum here?
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    STP tonight section 102 Row 1 aisle seats are about to be released in 2 minutes. Jump on them!
    those posted at Admit one.. were they F2F? Gone now
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    tbergs said:
    Damn! If I could unload my tickets I would grab these. Somebody is scoring a nice pair.
    I see them. So tempting.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.