2»

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,246
    I seem to not care much for the first songs released on the last few albums

Riot Act: I am Mine...don't care for it
    S/T: World Wide Suicide...I could do without it
    Backspacer: Fixer/Got Some....don't care for either
    LB: LB....just yuck
    Gigaton: DOTC...I don't dislike this one as much for some reason. I like Superblood

But while I don't seem to care for the first songs released I think there are gems on those albums. Not so much on Backspacer...that album escapes me a bit.

Off of LB: Yellow Moon is probably my favorite. I like Swallowed Whole as well even though a lot dislike it.

Giga: Alright didn't get enough love in my opinion. And Retrograde was a sleeper for me

Retrograde is a fucking beast live!  It quickly became my favorite off Gigaton
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    23scidoo said:
    joseph33 said:
    Funny how during the 13 tour,everyone hated Pendulum because that's what they opened with. Now that,and Yellow Moon are my favorites on LB.
    I loved pendulum from the start. First listen. Love it
    Same here, great opener..
    When ed opens his lungs and belts it out so crisp and clean at the start of a gig it's so powerful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,097
    23scidoo said:
    joseph33 said:
    Funny how during the 13 tour,everyone hated Pendulum because that's what they opened with. Now that,and Yellow Moon are my favorites on LB.
    I loved pendulum from the start. First listen. Love it
    Same here, great opener..
    When ed opens his lungs and belts it out so crisp and clean at the start of a gig it's so powerful 

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • I absolutely fucking love the song, and loved it before it hit close to home over the past couple of years. It's currently # 9 in my Top 10 PJ songs.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,726
    I agree that it's a good song live, but lyrically weak. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Liked it, then saw live and now love it
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    Lightning bolt definite piss break song. 
  • KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    Mathius said:
    KCjam said:
    Mathius said:
    I was listening to the Lexington show (2016) just this afternoon on a drive to the store. The show opener was Lightning Bolt and I'll never forget the light show that accompanied it. The house lights stayed on until the first chorus, then the lights went out and laser beams started firing out from the stage. It's a great live song, but I never listen to the studio version.
    I was there.  That was so unique how they started it with the house lights on.  Pretty awesome when they dropped the lights.  My favorite song on the Lightning Bolt album is Lightning Bolt.  

Also love the lyrics.  I think it is just a long metaphor for an unhealthy and toxic relationship.  The man dies and the Partner's problems still exists.  They don't die with him!
    I was there too. Kinda left that part out. Oops.

Oh yea.  I gathered that from your description of it.  I just remember thinking I had never seen a PJ show open like that.  Crowd was pumped when the lights out. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    It’s a great tune, especially live. 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    hrd2imgn said:
    Liked it, then saw live and now love it
    Same here
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com