Greta Van Fleet to Open in St.Paul?

13»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Opener for St. Paul hasnt been announced yet.  Greta is playing there Sunday Sept 3rd.  Their show before that is Augusy 12.  Perfect chance for them to get to town on Thursday and open the the two shows for PJ then headline on  Sunday.  Make this happen.
    They are awful. 
    Cage the Elephant is worst
    BITE YOUR TONGUE
    Cage is fantastic!!!! 
    100%. one of the freshest and most original bands out there. they evolve with each record. one of my faves. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    PJammin said:
    I saw GVF real early on at Lincoln Hall in Chicago. They were so young. The lead singer (Josh??) was almost awkward to watch on stage. He hadn't developed much of a stage presence yet. As a collective you could see the talent was there. I see them now and the whole stage presence, with the costumes and everything, and all seems so contrived. 
    Yep.  Contrived is a great description.  They hated being compared to LZ (I’d take that as a compliment) so maybe they’re trying to find themselves again. 
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    edited May 2023
    I would probably rate GVF even lower than Pitchfork ;)

yeah, it's algorithm rock for boomers
    Post edited by Joostone on
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    I’m not a fan of Greta Van Fleet but there is no way they are opening and then headling their own show at same venue.

There is a much better chance that their singer joins Pearl Jam as a surprise guest to sing SuperBloodWolfMoon or something like that but I hope that doesn’t happen
    Oh please no, that would be worse than them opening lol
    Sounds like a good bathroom break 
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Opener for St. Paul hasnt been announced yet.  Greta is playing there Sunday Sept 3rd.  Their show before that is Augusy 12.  Perfect chance for them to get to town on Thursday and open the the two shows for PJ then headline on  Sunday.  Make this happen.
    They are awful. 
    Cage the Elephant is worst
    BITE YOUR TONGUE
    Cage is fantastic!!!! 
    I was always skeptical, but I saw them at lollapalooza a handful years back and they blew me away