Sincere question on recently closed threads

13»

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    This thread is so circular it makes me dizzy.  The op keeps restating the same question despite being explained the answer a dozen times. No one can be that oblivious.   Feels like trolling.   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited May 2023
    Seems like the question has been answered many times, but you're still asking and saying it isn't clear.

Multiple threads covered the same topic. Why a new thread that was already covered, and one that was overly critical of he band and how they run things too, was no surprise it was shut down. Titling a thread "what's the difference between PJ and. Scalper" actually violated more than 1 in my opinion.
    Be respectful - there are a lot more respectful ways to bring up concerns of ticket prices than calling them scalpers.
    Multiple threads already. Nothing was said there that couldn't have been said in ongoing threads. 
    Spamming flooding and trolling - To most of us, just another thread complaining about the same thing, seemed like all 3. 

The other thread you compared it to, about not paying premium prices, wasn't just a new thread bashing the new Pearl Jam. It was there to offer advice and explain how it works. Kind of a gray area as it too could have been added in one of the other threads. But at the same time different enough. Positive attitude and no intent to be disrespectful probably gave it the benefit of the doubt and left it open. Create the same thread but title it how Pearl Jam sucks and doesn't deserve our hard earned cash, would probably get shut down. 

Really no explanation needed for any of them being shut down. Seems obvious to 99% of us. They don't need to mansplain to the 1%.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    myoung321 said:
    China? Lol… not a stretch at all.. I have to disagree, doesn’t matter if it’s a private company or the government, censorship is censorship. After the Twitter files I’d think that most would understand why censorship is a bad road to go down for any aspect of our culture. It’s completely understandable to close similar threads to maintain a clean forum. It’s an entirely different thing if they were closed to stifle conversation. Which I think probably isn’t the reason why, I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt before throwing out accusations. At the same time I would never support any type of censorship and I’m sure this is true to the members of PJ and those that work for them. 
    The twitter files? 

:D  
    Sorry not getting it… disappointed in the censorship or my reference to it or don’t know about it ? Sorry I’m slow today…😂
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    China? Lol… not a stretch at all.. I have to disagree, doesn’t matter if it’s a private company or the government, censorship is censorship. After the Twitter files I’d think that most would understand why censorship is a bad road to go down for any aspect of our culture. It’s completely understandable to close similar threads to maintain a clean forum. It’s an entirely different thing if they were closed to stifle conversation. Which I think probably isn’t the reason why, I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt before throwing out accusations. At the same time I would never support any type of censorship and I’m sure this is true to the members of PJ and those that work for them. 
    The twitter files? 

:D  
    Sorry not getting it… disappointed in the censorship or my reference to it or don’t know about it ? Sorry I’m slow today…😂
    The twitter files were a joke.
    That’s your opinion…I don’t find censorship of any kind to be funny.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:
    If you think the twitter files were some sort of expose about censorship, you should probably read up more about them, and also about recent events involving, Elon, Taibbi, and twitter over the last few months. 

Spoiler: 
    The twitter files were a HUGE joke and distraction to boot. 

EDIT: & referencing them here is an even bigger joke... the 10 club forum has terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up. They can 'censor' you all they want if they choose to. You agreed to that. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    mace1229 said:
    Seems like the question has been answered many times, but you're still asking and saying it isn't clear.

Multiple threads covered the same topic. Why a new thread that was already covered, and one that was overly critical of he band and how they run things too, was no surprise it was shut down. Titling a thread "what's the difference between PJ and. Scalper" actually violated more than 1 in my opinion.
    Be respectful - there are a lot more respectful ways to bring up concerns of ticket prices than calling them scalpers.
    Multiple threads already. Nothing was said there that couldn't have been said in ongoing threads. 
    Spamming flooding and trolling - To most of us, just another thread complaining about the same thing, seemed like all 3. 

The other thread you compared it to, about not paying premium prices, wasn't just a new thread bashing the new Pearl Jam. It was there to offer advice and explain how it works. Kind of a gray area as it too could have been added in one of the other threads. But at the same time different enough. Positive attitude and no intent to be disrespectful probably gave it the benefit of the doubt and left it open. Create the same thread but title it how Pearl Jam sucks and doesn't deserve our hard earned cash, would probably get shut down. 

Really no explanation needed for any of them being shut down. Seems obvious to 99% of us. They don't need to mansplain to the 1%.
    Truth!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    myoung321 said:
    If you think the twitter files were some sort of expose about censorship, you should probably read up more about them, and also about recent events involving, Elon, Taibbi, and twitter over the last few months. 

Spoiler: 

EDIT: & referencing them here is an even bigger joke... the 10 club forum has terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up. They can 'censor' you all they want if they choose to. You agreed to that. 
    This sums up the entire thread. Time to close it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:

Spoiler: 

As I said, that’s your opinion…mine is different. Why can’t it just end there? 

why be a ____ about it? And who compared or referenced it to ten club? I referenced it to censorship in general … … for gods sake.. you guys love to throw people on the tracks of the moving train… 🫤
    Post edited by Kat on

edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:

Spoiler: 

This sums up the entire thread. Time to close it.
    Gezzzus… this tread wasn’t even about that and you guys ran with it because of a reference to it concerning censorship in general. Taking one tiny snippet completely out of context of how I referenced it… but it’s my fault….I should know better than to post in the area of the forum..there’s  always someone that wants to pick a fight or attempt to demean others, instead of having civil conversations and debate.. 

In all positive ways… have a nice day.. 

My bad … this should be moved to the moving train area…sorry to see this type of hostility and disrespect for opinions moving into theses areas of the forum. 

• SeaSea Posts: 3,008
    Please see the Posting Guidelines.

Also, the appropriate way to contact a moderator is through the Private Message feature on these forums.
    Thank you

This discussion has been closed.