Sincere question on recently closed threads

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    RansomPTD said:
    My fear with all these threads complaining about things is that the Ten Club will start charging us to use the forum.  
    I don't understand - you already can't use the forum unless you're a member, which you pay for. You mean charge specifically to use it? Because people were upset about how expensive tickets were?  That would be QUITE the revelation if that happened.  Not something I'd worry about, but I hear you that you worry.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    RP112579 said:
    People like to start their own thread because they think their own comments about tickets are special and unique. They don't want their comments to get lost in the shuffle of the other comments in the main thread about tickets. It's basically a "LOOK AT ME" thing. Then when it gets closed or merged, they get mad and cry about being censored because they are fragile as fuck.

This guy is my new bestie. 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited April 2023
    andrew68 said:
    RP112579 said:
    People like to start their own thread because they think their own comments about tickets are special and unique. They don't want their comments to get lost in the shuffle of the other comments in the main thread about tickets. It's basically a "LOOK AT ME" thing. Then when it gets closed or merged, they get mad and cry about being censored because they are fragile as fuck.
    perhaps you're right...could also be they (me) think they have something valid to share 

fwiw...i got the pair of GA I wanted in the 10C lotto, Stoked ... my motivation is to point out the hypocrisy of pearl jam the corporation...also, consider this...if a thread is closed down due to criticism of 10C/PJ....who's the fragile one?

Ahhhhh.... I see the disconnect now. 

You think your post was deleted because they didn't like the thought. 

The reality was that your thought wasn't unique... in fact it was so common that there was a designated place for that thought. The mods were kindly informing you of that fact.

Misunderstandings happen. Glad we could get that cleared up. 

(No malice, playful ball busting) 😉 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    China? Lol… not a stretch at all.. I have to disagree, doesn’t matter if it’s a private company or the government, censorship is censorship. After the Twitter files I’d think that most would understand why censorship is a bad road to go down for any aspect of our culture. It’s completely understandable to close similar threads to maintain a clean forum. It’s an entirely different thing if they were closed to stifle conversation. Which I think probably isn’t the reason why, I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt before throwing out accusations. At the same time I would never support any type of censorship and I’m sure this is true to the members of PJ and those that work for them. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• release00release00 Posts: 347
    RP112579 said:

This guy is my new bestie. 

🤙👍
    "So much it dont show"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    myoung321 said:
    China? Lol… not a stretch at all.. I have to disagree, doesn’t matter if it’s a private company or the government, censorship is censorship. After the Twitter files I’d think that most would understand why censorship is a bad road to go down for any aspect of our culture. It’s completely understandable to close similar threads to maintain a clean forum. It’s an entirely different thing if they were closed to stifle conversation. Which I think probably isn’t the reason why, I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt before throwing out accusations. At the same time I would never support any type of censorship and I’m sure this is true to the members of PJ and those that work for them. 

Clean forum? Why don’t they just the “marketplace” decide. If a topic is boring and repetitive, it will simply drop into obscurity at the bottom. If it generates interesting discussion, it will stay near the top - isn’t that the point of a forum? Does it clean up server space? Is it really that difficult to keep scrolling is a member doesn’t want to read about a certain topic? Why risk alienating fans for at best a weak reason?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    BF25394 said:
    The Ten Club is not the government. It is a private organization that set up a private message board for its members. It can place parameters on the board that it provides and maintains. Analogies to China are way off-base. In China, there would be no message board.
    Yep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    BF25394 said:
    The Ten Club is not the government. It is a private organization that set up a private message board for its members. It can place parameters on the board that it provides and maintains. Analogies to China are way off-base. In China, there would be no message board.
    Yep
    hey buddy!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
    myoung321 said:

Clean forum? Why don’t they just the “marketplace” decide. If a topic is boring and repetitive, it will simply drop into obscurity at the bottom. If it generates interesting discussion, it will stay near the top - isn’t that the point of a forum? Does it clean up server space? Is it really that difficult to keep scrolling is a member doesn’t want to read about a certain topic? Why risk alienating fans for at best a weak reason?
    This is really why I wonder what the reason a couple of specific threads were shot down with no explanation. There are still many "I'm not happy with the/my ticket situation" convos that are still open, even if quite similar. But a couple were making spe ific points about how & why PJ ticketing is what it is now, and concerns about that.

I'm glad the "Don't by PJ Premium tix" convo is still open because lots of good & important details discussed there. But why was the "What's the difference between PJ & a Scalper" one shut down? Also has good different info in it, but shut down with no explanation. 

And y'all can keep pointing to this being a private message board that can do what it wants, EVEN THOUGH literally NO ONE is disagreeing with its private status. But when they set up norms, then seem to go against their own norms (like shutting down a thread that didn't seem to break any stated forum rules) & not explaining it, seems fair to ask why, and I'm still hoping someone from TenClub sees all this & weighs in. They don't have to, but I hope they do.
    BF25394 said:
    Yep
    Deep…

edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:

Yes, clean… I don’t want to weed through 15 threads that are the same subject.. sometimes people are simply too lazy to look for the same topic or they want attention.. I feel the same way about people starting new “framed poster” threads, when there’s more than an adequate number of them already. 

Now the second point I made, that you failed to comment on was that I’m against any censorship, if it used to shutdown conversations of the topic..  

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

Yes, clean… I don’t want to weed through 15 threads that are the same subject.. sometimes people are simply too lazy to look for the same topic or they want attention.. I feel the same way about people starting new “framed poster” threads, when there’s more than an adequate number of them already. 

Now the second point I made, that you failed to comment on was that I’m against any censorship, if it used to shutdown conversations of the topic..  
    really? A censorship charge? Does that make any sense at all? The answer is no.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    Censorship is cool again. Try and be more progressive.
    Lol

No one's being censored. Try to be less of a victim. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    This all comes down to something that has been a problem with this fan base for years, NO ONE READS.  All the answers to why a thread gets closed is right above in the guidelines.  They don’t need to post a reason because it is most likely in the guidelines.  I swear this fan base needs their hands held through everything because no one takes anytime to read they just react and expect everyone else answer it for them.  They’ve stated why there is premium Pearl Jam, are fixing the seating problem, gave a rough estimate when fan to fan will open, they’ve actually done a pretty good job explaining a lot of things if people took the time to read.  And yes I realize since this reply is more then a sentence the same people will not read this.
    apirk72 said:
    This all comes down to something that has been a problem with this fan base for years, NO ONE READS.  All the answers to why a thread gets closed is right above in the guidelines.  They don’t need to post a reason because it is most likely in the guidelines.  I swear this fan base needs their hands held through everything because no one takes anytime to read they just react and expect everyone else answer it for them.  They’ve stated why there is premium Pearl Jam, are fixing the seating problem, gave a rough estimate when fan to fan will open, they’ve actually done a pretty good job explaining a lot of things if people took the time to read.  And yes I realize since this reply is more then a sentence the same people will not read this.
    agreed...the fb group is full of thread after thread of "did anyone get their reassigned seats yet?"

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited May 2023
    apirk72 said:
    I've been here for decades and do not need my hand held through anything involving a band's message board.

But let's just take what you said (yes, I read all of it!) and since I have read the rules, read the thread I'm mainly talking about, and read your post, I still don't see which "offense" the "Pearl Jam compared to Scalpers" thread is guilty of. Also, for the decades I've been in an official PJ discussion group, the mods always explained why it was getting shut down as the last post before shutting it down. Do they have to always do that? No. But given it's been the norm here, to not do it makes it a fair question why.

So, I tried, and I don't see this obvious answer. You think this means I can't/don't read, so please practice what you preach and look at the guidelines, look at that post/thread, and enlighten us all with exactly which rule(s) were broken since it's very obvious to you?
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:
    I've been here for decades and do not need my hand held through anything.

But let's just take what you said (yes, I read all of it!) and since I have read the rules, read the thread I'm mainly talking about, and read your post, I still don't see which "offense" the "Pearl Jam compared to Scalpers" thread is guilty of. Also, for the decades I've been in an official PJ discussion group, the mods always explained why it was getting shut down as the last post before shutting it down. Do they have to always do that? No. But given it's been the norm here, to not do it makes it a fair question why.

So, I tried, and I don't see this obvious answer. You think this means I can't/don't read, so please practice what you preach and look at the guidelines, look at that post/thread, and enlighten us all with exactly which rule(s) were broken since it's very obvious to you?
    I think it's obvious to pretty much everyone. There are multiple threads already. You created another thread.

• RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

It's #6. Took about 3 seconds for me to see it. And, anyone could just PM Sea or Kat and ask why their thread was removed. But, it's easier to play the victim and cry censorship. Because that still gets them the attention that they are craving.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

I think it's obvious to pretty much everyone. There are multiple threads already. You created another thread.
    I didn't create any of the threads that were shut down. Also, there remain multiple threads. If that is the reason, then why the inconsistency in policy?  That would also be a change from what I know of the way these boards are moderated.  And I am NOT calling out the mods, because there may be dynamics at work that is not their call.  Or not.  Or they're just busy and don't grab all the duplicate threads.  All are possible.

But the not naming the reason, and then if it's multiple threads not shutting down all the other threads, makes it fair to ask why.  And that's all I'm asking. I'm not yelling or screaming, I'm not claiming horrible things are afoot, I'm just asking why.
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

I didn't create any of the threads that were shut down. Also, there remain multiple threads. If that is the reason, then why the inconsistency in policy?  That would also be a change from what I know of the way these boards are moderated.  And I am NOT calling out the mods, because there may be dynamics at work that is not their call.  Or not.  Or they're just busy and don't grab all the duplicate threads.  All are possible.

But the not naming the reason, and then if it's multiple threads not shutting down all the other threads, makes it fair to ask why.  And that's all I'm asking. I'm not yelling or screaming, I'm not claiming horrible things are afoot, I'm just asking why.
    You can't handle the truth

edited May 2023
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

You can't handle the truth
    But, I took the RED pill!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    edited May 2023
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

It's #6. Took about 3 seconds for me to see it. And, anyone could just PM Sea or Kat and ask why their thread was removed. But, it's easier to play the victim and cry censorship. Because that still gets them the attention that they are craving.
    Since I didn't have any threads shut down, and do not feel like a victim, and have not alleged censorship, whoever you're talking to, your answer doesn't apply to me.  

On #6, what I said to the other person who said multiple posts applies to you as well:

"... there remain multiple open threads. If that is the reason, then why the inconsistency in policy?  That would also be a change from what I know of the way these boards are moderated.  And I am NOT calling out the mods, because there may be dynamics at work that is not their call.  Or not.  Or they're just busy and don't grab all the duplicate threads.  All are possible.

But the not naming the reason, and then if it's multiple threads not shutting down all the other threads, makes it fair to ask why.  And that's all I'm asking. I'm not yelling or screaming, I'm not claiming horrible things are afoot, I'm just asking why."

You don't have to like or accept that I'm asking why. But just be clear nothing in my posts in this thread that I did start say anything you've said.
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

Since I didn't have any threads shut down, and do not feel like a victim, and have not alleged censorship, whoever you're talking to, your answer doesn't apply to me.  

On #6, what I said to the other person who said multiple posts applies to you as well:

"... there remain multiple open threads. If that is the reason, then why the inconsistency in policy?  That would also be a change from what I know of the way these boards are moderated.  And I am NOT calling out the mods, because there may be dynamics at work that is not their call.  Or not.  Or they're just busy and don't grab all the duplicate threads.  All are possible.

But the not naming the reason, and then if it's multiple threads not shutting down all the other threads, makes it fair to ask why.  And that's all I'm asking. I'm not yelling or screaming, I'm not claiming horrible things are afoot, I'm just asking why."

You don't have to like or accept that I'm asking why. But just be clear nothing in my posts in this thread that I did start say anything you've said.
    Message Sea or Kat, they're the ones who run the website. 
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

I guess another norm I remember from the last time I had a question about moderation (which would have been years ago), was that asking here usually led to an answer.  But I will ask them privately, maybe that's been the norm for awhile and I hadn't noticed.  I've been here for years but am not on here all the time by a long shot.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

Someone probably flagged the post. This isn't hard. You just don't want to hear it. For someone who claims to not need their hand held, you sure are requiring a lot of it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

Someone probably flagged the post. This isn't hard. You just don't want to hear it. For someone who claims to not need their hand held, you sure are requiring a lot of it.
    The word "probably" is exactly why I'm asking. That's not clear and you have no way to know if that's why.  For someone claiming to hold my hand you sure are not able to answer my question as to the actual reason. Probably because you didn't close it. But don't pretend it's an obvious answer when so far, however many posts in, no one has given an answer that holds up along with other threads open and closed on the topic.  I'm off to ask directly and privately.
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

I guess another norm I remember from the last time I had a question about moderation (which would have been years ago), was that asking here usually led to an answer.  But I will ask them privately, maybe that's been the norm for awhile and I hadn't noticed.  I've been here for years but am not on here all the time by a long shot.
    A lot of people have suggested threads were shut down as they don't like having tons of active threads about the same topic. This tracks with what i know about this forum. I think it's in the forum rules, for what it's worth. 

You still have questions, so email the mods directly. 

That would be your best chance at getting answers to your questions. 
    edited May 2023
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    RP112579 said:
    JH6056 said:
    apirk72 said:

A lot of people have suggested threads were shut down as they don't like having tons of active threads about the same topic. This tracks with what i know about this forum. I think it's in the forum rules, for what it's worth. 

You still have questions, so email the mods directly. 

That would be your best chance at getting answers to your questions. 
    Mods have been messaged. And I hear ya on multiple threads, it's just some are still open while others closed.  But thanks for making your suggestions without snark, very much appreciated!  (I mean that by the way - sometimes tone gets lost here)
    edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

really? A censorship charge? Does that make any sense at all? The answer is no.
    Really? …. I never “ charged”  or implied it was censorship at all… others did and I gave benefit of the doubt that it is not censorship.. please direct this towards others that may have implied it.. If you read all the post on a thread, you’d  know I never charged or accused them of censoring anything.

thanks.. ✌️

myoung321 said:
    The twitter files? 

:D  
This discussion has been closed.