Official 2023 Verified Fan Tickets Thread

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,609
    I like Robert Smith. Always have.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    edited April 2023
    static111 said:
    Couldn't get the second picture in but here's $550 and above:

JD87070 said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    Has that ever happened before where the seats are never opened up to the general public? 
    Verified fan IS the general public. The system is designed to make sure you're not a bot. Anyone could have registered. It's also so they can let people in x amount of people at a time so their system doesn't crash. Verified Fan replaced General Public Sale. If it doesn't sell out after X amount of time, I imagine you no longer need a code though. 

I get it, just that if you missed the Verified Fan window you're hosed then unless they decide to open it up.  Makes it harder to get to random shows that you can't plan way ahead for. 
    For in demand bands, sadly that’s how it is anymore. Gotta get lucky to even have a chance at reasonably priced tickets. If people would stop buying tickets resale for jacked up prices it might get better, but that hasn’t started happening enough to deter the professional scalpers yet. It’s nice that bands like PJ are doing everything they can to make sure the tickets get to their actual fans, but there’s only so much they can do, most don’t go anywhere near this length to avoid the scalpers.

True they could have done more, and they said as much in the tour announcement. Saying less than 10% of the tickets at each show will be PJ Premium to help offset costs, because likely without that this short tour wouldn’t have been profitable and wouldn’t have happened.
  • sean9769sean9769 Posts: 57
    edited April 2023
    This is the first event I can ever recall that you are actually required to be verified in order to purchase way overpriced premium tix.
    Usually they are fair game to whoever.
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Anyone have any luck getting tickets today for Indy?  Curious how many were available and where the seats were located. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 97
    JD87070 said:
    True they could have done more, and they said as much in the tour announcement. Saying less than 10% of the tickets at each show will be PJ Premium to help offset costs, because likely without that this short tour wouldn’t have been profitable and wouldn’t have happened.
    Its hard for me to wrap my head around the premium route being the only way this tour can be profitable.  Tickets are already double the price they were in 2016.  I know that times have changed but we're talking a 100% increase for a standard ticket.
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
    KC138045 said:
    Anyone have any luck getting tickets today for Indy?  Curious how many were available and where the seats were located. 
    I got a text that I was off the waitlist and given a code 47 minutes after the sale started. I logged on 30 minutes after that and got lawn seats.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,947
    KC138045 said:
    A friend and some of her co-workers got lawn earlier today. 
  • CC55781CC55781 Posts: 26
    Premium pricing and even dynamic pricing are totally cool with me. Nobody here likes to work at less than the market rate for their skills. Pearl Jam shouldn’t either. 

Without premium pricing, the people reselling the tickets make 5-10x more money per ticket than the band, and the resellers didn’t do anything. Pearl Jam should be paid what they are worth, not an artificially deflated price. People who think otherwise may want to consider accepting less money for their work, and giving the difference to someone who had nothing to do with their jobs. 

If I didn’t get 10C tickets, I would’ve purchased the premium tickets because it would’ve been worth it to me. For others, maybe it isn’t worth it. That’s ok. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 892
    edited April 2023
    CC55781 said:
    Premium pricing and even dynamic pricing are totally cool with me. Nobody here likes to work at less than the market rate for their skills. Pearl Jam shouldn’t either. 

Without premium pricing, the people reselling the tickets make 5-10x more money per ticket than the band, and the resellers didn’t do anything. Pearl Jam should be paid what they are worth, not an artificially deflated price. People who think otherwise may want to consider accepting less money for their work, and giving the difference to someone who had nothing to do with their jobs. 

If I didn’t get 10C tickets, I would’ve purchased the premium tickets because it would’ve been worth it to me. For others, maybe it isn’t worth it. That’s ok. 
    Finally, a voice of reason.  💯  1992 was a long time ago and, with today’s inflation, 2020 was even a long time ago. Everything is more expensive and Pearl Jam isn’t an up and coming band traveling by van.  They are a band but also a business which many people tend to forget.  The fact that they made the majority of their tickets far below market value is a better deal than most people realize.  It could be much, much worse. 
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    CC55781 said:

Well said.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    CC55781 said:

The problem with Ticketmaster’s implementation of both Dynamic Pricing and Premium/Platinum Tickets are that once you purchase at that inflated price point, you are stuck on it. And dynamic pricing by it’s very nature can fluctuate both up and down. But your purchase won’t. So when they inevitably drop the remaining unsold tickets in price, yours stay the same price so in the event that you need to sell your ticket because something comes up and you can no longer make it to the show, you won’t have any takers because you have no choice but to sell your ticket for exactly what you paid (plus another Ticketmaster fee tacked on top of it) and what incentive does anyone have to buy yours now that they can get other tickets cheaper directly from Ticketmaster?

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    CC55781 said:

The problem with Ticketmaster’s implementation of both Dynamic Pricing and Premium/Platinum Tickets are that once you purchase at that inflated price point, you are stuck on it. And dynamic pricing by its very nature can fluctuate both up and down. But your purchase won’t. So when they inevitably drop the remaining unsold tickets in price, yours stay the same price so in the event that you need to sell your ticket because something comes up and you can no longer make it to the show, you won’t have any takers because you have no choice but to sell your ticket for exactly what you paid (plus another Ticketmaster fee tacked on top of it) and what incentive does anyone have to buy yours now that they can get other tickets cheaper directly from Ticketmaster?

At the very least you should be able to lower the price on your own dynamically priced ticket 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    CC55781 said:

The problem with Ticketmaster’s implementation of both Dynamic Pricing and Premium/Platinum Tickets are that once you purchase at that inflated price point, you are stuck on it. And dynamic pricing by it’s very nature can fluctuate both up and down. But your purchase won’t. So when they inevitably drop the remaining unsold tickets in price, yours stay the same price so in the event that you need to sell your ticket because something comes up and you can no longer make it to the show, you won’t have any takers because you have no choice but to sell your ticket for exactly what you paid (plus another Ticketmaster fee tacked on top of it) and what incentive does anyone have to buy yours now that they can get other tickets cheaper directly from Ticketmaster?

It absolutely works both ways. I’ve gotten great deals on resales in the days leading up to or day of shows because people were getting desperate to sell. Was front row over to the side for Dead & Co last year, bought them off StubHub while in the lot for i believe $60 each, 2nd row behind the pit for Phish for $70 last year as we sat in our car during a thunderstorm that delayed the show 90 minutes, 4th row behind the stage for Springsteen last month for $85-less than half face value afternoon of the show. But i’ve never bought the Official Platinum, etc tickets and never bought for over face value on StubHub (i did splurge for a VIP package for Metallica this coming November, wasn’t terribly outrageous and with early entry on the floor and a huge in the round stage pretty much guarantees front row or very close, so worth it for me and my son). And also have never resold any tickets for over face value the very few times i’ve sold. In fact for both those Dead & Co and Phish shows last year i sold the upper pavilion tickets i already had for like $20-30 to some of the heads traveling from show to show in the lot.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,755
    won tix but checked anyway.

RUOFF
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CC55781 said:

This is a moot point on this little tour. Only Chicago allows the resellers to charge more than face value. All the other venues the tickets can’t be sold for more than face. With that said if you think Pearl Jam is worth $900/ticket let the band price their tickets at that cost and see how many they sell. They will be playing theaters and I’ll happily not attend.
  • Just got off the waitlist for Chicago and pretty much the only available seats left are 900$+.   If you are going to pull that move, you should offer an affordable live stream of the concerts.  I would love to ask the band their motivation for embracing this new model.  
  • CC55781CC55781 Posts: 26
    CC55781 said:

This is a moot point on this little tour. Only Chicago allows the resellers to charge more than face value. All the other venues the tickets can’t be sold for more than face. With that said if you think Pearl Jam is worth $900/ticket let the band price their tickets at that cost and see how many they sell. They will be playing theaters and I’ll happily not attend.
    Check the premium prices. Some are over $900. Will all sell easily. Market prices are fair except to those who feel entitled to pay someone less than they are worth. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    Wasn’t the last tour using premium seats as well? It seems like a lot more focus on it this time around. For the most part, the premiums sat there unsold until closer to the show and then they dropped in price. If setting aside a couple hundred premium seats helps get the cost down for the rest then it seems like a decent trade off. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 892
    Hawk123 said:
    Wasn’t the last tour using premium seats as well? It seems like a lot more focus on it this time around. For the most part, the premiums sat there unsold until closer to the show and then they dropped in price. If setting aside a couple hundred premium seats helps get the cost down for the rest then it seems like a decent trade off. 
    It sure does.  People fail to realize that this is how they are able to keep the majority of the tickets at a more reasonable price.  
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Just got off the waitlist for Chicago and pretty much the only available seats left are 900$+.   If you are going to pull that move, you should offer an affordable live stream of the concerts.  I would love to ask the band their motivation for embracing this new model.  
    Still on waitlist but I guess it doesn’t matter….too rich for my blood.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • I remember the sweet old days when 80% of the best tickets went to the fans that slept out all night at the venue or a record store to get the best concert tickets.  Some of those tickets made it to scalpers but only a small fraction.  Fast forward to the 2020's and a huge chunk of tickets are set aside even before tickets go on sale.  PJ is much better than most groups since they also reserve a big chunk for the fan club but that obviously isn't enough when there is a tour with less than 10 shows.  If you are rich or an insider you can now skip the line and get the tickets directly at the higher price.  The bands and promoters wanted to get on the mark up that the scalpers were cashing in on.  The Cubs are as guilty as anyone since they literally own their own ticket broker (aka scalping company).   Keep on Rocking in the Free World!  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    dmbolp said:
    cutz said:
    Maybe it's me? But how can a "public" sale not be for the whole Public? and just  for the select few?

This Sale Is for Verified Fans
    The account you’re using is not linked to this Verified Fan sale. To continue, please switch accounts and sign in with the same account used during your Verified Fan registration.
    Not a Verified Fan? Please check back for more up dates.
    The announcements on the home page say there will be "no general public onsale", just the "Verified Fan Sale". 

Pearl Jam - Ten Club

PUBLIC TICKETS

Verified Fan Sale:

Given the high demand, it is unlikely we will be able to fulfill all Ten Club ticket requests. We recommend Ten Club members also register for Ticketmaster Verified Fan for a second opportunity to get tickets. 

General public tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster Verified Fan. You must register in advance in order to participate. Ticketmaster Verified Fan registration begins Today, April 20th at 10am PT and closes on Tuesday, April 25 at 5pm PT.  The Verified Fan sale begins on April 28 at 10am venue local time. There will be no general public onsale. For more info visit the Ticketmaster FAQ Blog. To register, please visit: https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/pearljam

Contradiction? 

VF is the Public Sale?
  • CC55781 said:
    CC55781 said:

Check the premium prices. Some are over $900. Will all sell easily. Market prices are fair except to those who feel entitled to pay someone less than they are worth. 
    And I’m saying Pearl Jam is not worth $900/ticket. Not sure how that makes me entitled. If that was my only option to go to the show I wouldn’t buy. 
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited April 2023
    It’s Maple 🍁 Syrup Time!

Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    It’s Maple 🍁 Syrup Time!

Saturday at the sugar shack 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    It’s Maple 🍁 Syrup Time!

Heck yeah! We have 440 gallons of sap to cook!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    edited April 2023
    Just checking in to remind everyone of the biggest flaw with PJ Premium, regardless of how you feel about who deserves what & how much:
    if you buy the ticket, and something comes up & you can't use it... you can only resell it on F2F for what you paid. Or you straight up just give your log-in to someone. Still...

$400, $750, $900, $1,200, $2,000, $4,000

And last year, the only tickets left for sale by showtime, were F2F Premium re-sales.
    Some ticket buyers took a big hit, some straight up ate the tickets.

Just a friendly reminder :)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    JimmyV said:
    It’s Maple 🍁 Syrup Time!

Heck yeah! We have 440 gallons of sap to cook!
    OH BOY

I figured I should make this Pearl Jam related some how…

I figured I should make this Pearl Jam related some how…
    I think Roger Miller put it best when he sang:

Roses are red
    Violets are purple
    Sugar is sweet
    So's maple surple