Appreciate reassignments but Texas as well

13»

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcatake said:
    mcatake said:
    Agreed!  22x,xxx number, a ten club member for 25 years and I'm in the back of the venue for both nights of the Austin shows, section 109 and 110.  I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these during the ticket exchange in May but if not I'm stuck with (4) non transferable tickets to two shows that I'm not going to use as I definitely want to be closer (especially since I am traveling from out of town for these shows!).  At the very least they should allow us to get refunds for the tickets if we don't want them.  I'm hopeful something works out!   
    You are aware how small this venue is, right?
    What does the size of the arena have to do with them not honoring seniority seating?  this person, and most others, got totally screwed when they didn't deliver on the process they outlined.  Size don't matter (that's what she said)
    Pretty sure the OP stated they were crappy seats which they aren’t since it’s an intimate venue. I get some folks feel entitled to something but they should also exhibit some humility and just be happy they got in at face value. A lot of folks won’t get that opportunity. The band doesn’t owe anyone anything despite $30 a year for 25+ years. 
    If your point is there are no crappy seats in the arena, that's an opinion and great to hear (not sarcasm).  However, the OP was saying they didn't fulfill the promise of allocating by seniority.  That's a fact, not opinion.  I'm not sure why ten club/TM not executing as they said they would translates to fan entitlement. If it was going to be random then tell everyone it's random.  Otherwise people are right to be pissed.  
    I actually do feel sorry for some folks here (CHI folks getting moved to the 300s, folks CC getting maxed out and canceling orders) but there sure is a lot of bitching about getting seats in the 100s or some other area they feel is beneath them. At the end of the day it’s a $30 membership. It’s not like you bought a $50k car and it died the next day. I’ve paid it for 20+ years and I just hope to have a shot. I’ve never felt I was owed anything. 
    I didn't put in for tickets this time. I do however feel that as a person who has paid membership fees for 27 years I should at least be owed that ten club delivers what they state is pretty much the main benefit of membership at this point which is
    Ten Club Membership Benefits:
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Had I not thought that this was the purpose of my membership I very likely wouldn't be paying dues to a rock band fan club as a full grown adult.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    KV4053 said:
    I've heard that the upper level seats at Moody are more than satisfactory. That from people who have been there for concerts
    I’m actually tempted to use my wife’s 200 level side stage tix for the moody rather than my other end of the arena half way up lower level much lower 10c # tix.  The sound was so shitty though for dmb and I was in the 200s that I’m going to have a decision to make.
    I was way up there for Roger Waters and I thought the sound was fantastic!
    Glad to hear! It may have been the dmb show, because the Roger waters show sounded better to me, but I was first row above the floor.  I researched a bit about the dmb show and there was a lot of bitching online about the sound in Austin and several of the sheds they toured though, so that may have been their sound guy?!  Who knows, but I’ve got to decide which tix to use.  I may go with the 200’s because we’re almost looking down at the stage which I’ve never complained about 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • static111 said:
    mcatake said:
    mcatake said:
    Agreed!  22x,xxx number, a ten club member for 25 years and I'm in the back of the venue for both nights of the Austin shows, section 109 and 110.  I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these during the ticket exchange in May but if not I'm stuck with (4) non transferable tickets to two shows that I'm not going to use as I definitely want to be closer (especially since I am traveling from out of town for these shows!).  At the very least they should allow us to get refunds for the tickets if we don't want them.  I'm hopeful something works out!   
    What does the size of the arena have to do with them not honoring seniority seating?  this person, and most others, got totally screwed when they didn't deliver on the process they outlined.  Size don't matter (that's what she said)
    Pretty sure the OP stated they were crappy seats which they aren’t since it’s an intimate venue. I get some folks feel entitled to something but they should also exhibit some humility and just be happy they got in at face value. A lot of folks won’t get that opportunity. The band doesn’t owe anyone anything despite $30 a year for 25+ years. 
    If your point is there are no crappy seats in the arena, that's an opinion and great to hear (not sarcasm).  However, the OP was saying they didn't fulfill the promise of allocating by seniority.  That's a fact, not opinion.  I'm not sure why ten club/TM not executing as they said they would translates to fan entitlement. If it was going to be random then tell everyone it's random.  Otherwise people are right to be pissed.  
    I actually do feel sorry for some folks here (CHI folks getting moved to the 300s, folks CC getting maxed out and canceling orders) but there sure is a lot of bitching about getting seats in the 100s or some other area they feel is beneath them. At the end of the day it’s a $30 membership. It’s not like you bought a $50k car and it died the next day. I’ve paid it for 20+ years and I just hope to have a shot. I’ve never felt I was owed anything. 
    I didn't put in for tickets this time. I do however feel that as a person who has paid membership fees for 27 years I should at least be owed that ten club delivers what they state is pretty much the main benefit of membership at this point which is
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Had I not thought that this was the purpose of my membership I very likely wouldn't be paying dues to a rock band fan club as a full grown adult.
    Yet you’re a grown adult who pays dues to a rock band. The only difference is you hang on every word. Fact is unless you work for the band, you don’t know their exact rules and practices. Despite all these spreadsheets and charts. For $30 you get a chance. Don’t like it? Don’t pay it. Quite simple really. Money talks and that’s why anything of real value from them can be had for the right price. IE premium seats, signed collectibles, etc. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    I scored both Ft Worth shows and was somewhat disappointed in my seats.  Floor row 26 and a section in the back corner.  My number is 270xxx which I feel is in the upper half of numbers for sure.  I’ve been on the floor 8-10 rows back for most shows, some side stage 15-20 rows back, so these seem worse than normal.   Seems as though the demand was lowest for these 2 shows as well.  

That being said, I’ve heard this is a smaller venue and I’m happy to at least have gotten seats to the shows I wanted, so I find it hard to complain.  There certainly seems to be a huge difference in quality of seats now that premium Ticketmaster seats are a thing which kind of sucks.
  • iamdave56iamdave56 Posts: 37

• iamdave56iamdave56 Posts: 37

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Bravo 10C. Success.

Well done.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 831
    Glad to see 10C owning up and correcting this.  Well done (hopefully!)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    mcatake said:
    OP started reassignment taking seniority into account should be considered. 10C concurs.

Thank you 10C.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • TuckerKattTuckerKatt Posts: 123
    Thank you 10C
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    100 Pacer said:
    mcatake said:
    OP started reassignment taking seniority into account should be considered. 10C concurs.

Thank you 10C.
    The OP - ha!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    100 Pacer said:
    Thank you for reassigning 10C reserved seats for the affected shows. Could the Texas seat assignments be reevaluated as well? Austin seats don’t match up with seniority. Much appreciated.
    Thanks for starting this thread!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    Ah they always end up doing the right thing, this is why we love them :)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    iamdave56 said:

Great news for everyone. Hopefully it gets sorted out correctly this time.
    Glad they listened to folks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • A Compliment For UsA Compliment For Us Posts: 206
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for passing along these updates and screenshots.  I keep checking to see if this was a mass e-mail and I haven't received similar notification yet.  But I appreciate you all sharing and great to see 10C getting involved to try and right certain wrongs.  Knock on wood though that I don't get pushed farther back.  Haha.
    Post edited by A Compliment For Us on
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~
    2024 Vegas 1 & 2 ~~ Indianapolis ~~ Wrigley 2 ~~ MSG 1 & 2 ~~ Philly 1 & 2 ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~
  • It’s an email. Mine literally just came through. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    edited April 2023
    This is gonna be bad.  Woo hoo 10C is fixing an error for 2%!  The premium is the real issue.  "They took our jobs, err seats" 
    Unless premium is gone or diminished to at least the level of 2022 I fear this club is dead.  I love the band and I try to be a happy to be there guy, but we all know that we are in this club because they have consistently given us GREAT seats.  Personally I've done great with a 420xxx.  Those days are done if premium continues.  Sad.

Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • YAKIMATSU said:
    This is gonna be bad.  Woo hoo 10C is fixing an error for 2%!  The premium is the real issue.  "They took our jobs, err seats" 
    Unless premium is gone or diminished to at least the level of 2022 I fear this club is dead.  I love the band and I try to be a happy to be there guy, but we all know that we are in this club because they have consistently given us GREAT seats.  Personally I've done great with a 420xxx.  Those days are done if premium continues.  Sad.
    It seems Ticketmaster finally killed Pearl Jam.
    Good point. By doing premium ticketing, depending on the size of venue/how many premium seats they have per, a 10c membership now only has value if you joined before a certain year.  Otherwise you’re not gaining any advantage and you may as well drop your membership, save the $, and get them the normal way.  There’s a threshold there somewhere, and I’m about to find out, lol.  Something tells me it’s a join date somewhere between 2005 and 2009.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Continued cluster... so now someone that may have liked their seats will not know if they are changed or worse until after the verified fan tickets go on sale?  wow... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    YAKIMATSU said:
    It seems Ticketmaster finally killed Pearl Jam.
    It took Ticketrmaster 30 years but they finally won... remember when PJ fought back against TM for a $1 surcharge.. $1....   ..... $1!... I'll say it again.. $1
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    If platinum is up your alley, be ready for 4 figures.  Jim Gaffigan platinum is $475. Hot pockets jim Gaffigan.  $475 EACH through TM.  Wow what is this world
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    myoung321 said:
    Continued cluster... so now someone that may have liked their seats will not know if they are changed or worse until after the verified fan tickets go on sale?  wow... 
    yeah me lol. I’m 200 level but direct side of stage which I’m happy with. I’m sure I’ll be pushed to the back now or something 
    static111 said:
    mcatake said:
    mcatake said:
    Yet you’re a grown adult who pays dues to a rock band. The only difference is you hang on every word. Fact is unless you work for the band, you don’t know their exact rules and practices. Despite all these spreadsheets and charts. For $30 you get a chance. Don’t like it? Don’t pay it. Quite simple really. Money talks and that’s why anything of real value from them can be had for the right price. IE premium seats, signed collectibles, etc. 
    not hanging on every word just expecting to get what is literally in writing that I am paying for.  If that is going out the window great, but please inform folks so they can make other arrangements to not get stuck with overpriced tickets.
    Scio me nihil scire

FC28207 said:
    If platinum is up your alley, be ready for 4 figures.  Jim Gaffigan platinum is $475. Hot pockets jim Gaffigan.  $475 EACH through TM.  Wow what is this world
    There's a sucker born every minute.  I have yet to go to a show that justified any of the current prices.  I wouldn't pay $400 to go back to Grand Rapids 2006 and relive my seats in the 3rd row centerish.  Heck I probably wouldn't even pay $162. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    YAKIMATSU said:

Until the platinums are posted, how are you so sure that they are holding back so many tickets to really affect the seating assignments of fan club members? Yes, any good ticket could have gone to a fan club fan instead, but it's not like they are selling entire sections. It's probably a dozen or so pairs of pit, and some aisle seats along the sides. 
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    hihobibo said:
    YAKIMATSU said:

Until the platinums are posted, how are you so sure that they are holding back so many tickets to really affect the seating assignments of fan club members? Yes, any good ticket could have gone to a fan club fan instead, but it's not like they are selling entire sections. It's probably a dozen or so pairs of pit, and some aisle seats along the sides. 
    You are correct.  I do not know.  This is posted as my opinion.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24