Appreciate reassignments but Texas as well

Comments

• iamdave56iamdave56 Posts: 37
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    pjalli said:
    I would not have purchased these seats had I known it would be random. The ticketing post very clearly stated that seniority was to be taken into account, but it wasn't. It's just such BS.
    I’m with you, I’m trying to stay positive but my bumped back seats suck.  I’m 50+ yearsold now and this will be my last 10C show.  25+ years.  It was a great run
    And according to your signature, you'll end where you started, back in Austin!
  • Just getting on here
    So reassignment seating on first 5 shows
    And this is a petition to do the same on texas shows 
    If it happens do they email you asking if you want reassignment 
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    There is no evidence it was "random", that circulating screenshot is just a corporate CYA response from a worker bee trying not to get fired over all the raging.  The lottery system is multivariate so it's difficult to understand why the assignments are what they are. 
  • And some folks that got reassigned in other cities ended up with worse seats despite great member numbers. Be happy you’re in for face value and let it be. This venue isn’t large. Nothing like UC in CHI. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    RE4790 said:
    There is no evidence it was "random", that circulating screenshot is just a corporate CYA response from a worker bee trying not to get fired over all the raging.  The lottery system is multivariate so it's difficult to understand why the assignments are what they are. 
    What are you talking about? What other evidence do you need? My member number after 30 years putting me in the upper deck speaks for itself that seniority was not honored. The email I got from tickets today says what it says.

This is not a difficult task, and it's a small tour. They either just screwed it up or didn't follow their own rules, but it's not difficult to do this correctly. Once the lottery is drawn the seats are supposed to be assigned in a certain order, this is not complicated.
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    I’d prefer this not get anymore f-ed up and I get charged for another 6 tix over same 3 nights.
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    pjalli said:
    RE4790 said:
    What are you talking about? What other evidence do you need? My member number after 30 years putting me in the upper deck speaks for itself that seniority was not honored. The email I got from tickets today says what it says.

This is not a difficult task, and it's a small tour. They either just screwed it up or didn't follow their own rules, but it's not difficult to do this correctly. Once the lottery is drawn the seats are supposed to be assigned in a certain order, this is not complicated.

I think we'd have to find a bunch of people with close 10c numbers, who put in exactly the same choices (GA/RES vs RES vs both) and exactly the same priorities (#1: Austin1, #2 Autin2, etc.) and see where folks ended up.  There were 1000s of winners and we have like 100 people posting their seats, and for every unfortunate outcome we have responses like this: 

"FL2 row 11: 4 seats together from my and my wife's memberships.
    166xxx and 167xxx"

That's unlikely to occur if it was random.  It's more likely there was some defect in the logic of the process, as evidenced by the second pair so many of us where charged for then refunded, that caused unusual seat assignments.  Not saying it's good or fair, just that it seemed to have worked normally for many folks and totally f*cked up for others.

• pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    I think it's clear that it didn't work they way they told us it would work. A member number is a value, and each seat has a ranking in terms of its value. After lotto was drawn, assignments were supposed to be made according to those two variables. It very clearly didn't happen that way. 
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,803
    edited April 2023

Post edited by andrew68 on
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I can't speak to any of this except to say both these venues are smaller than what the band normally plays. Never been to the FW venue, but as for Moody there won't be a bad seat in the house. In fact, I'd wager there are seats in the 200 level that are better than some in the 100 level. We all just need to chill.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    I've heard that the upper level seats at Moody are more than satisfactory. That from people who have been there for concerts
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Posts: 6,152
    edited April 2023
    KV4053 said:
    I've heard that the upper level seats at Moody are more than satisfactory. That from people who have been there for concerts
    I’m actually tempted to use my wife’s 200 level side stage tix for the moody rather than my other end of the arena half way up lower level much lower 10c # tix.  The sound was so shitty though for dmb and I was in the 200s that I’m going to have a decision to make.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    100 Pacer said:
    Thank you for reassigning 10C reserved seats for the affected shows. Could the Texas seat assignments be reevaluated as well? Austin seats don’t match up with seniority. Much appreciated.
    I have several friends that are going to FW and all the seniority assignments look fine.. Remember the venues in FW and Austin have a capacity that is almost 10k less than Chicago or St Paul.. (newer with better acoustics, but we'll save that conversation)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Thank you for reassigning 10C reserved seats for the affected shows. Could the Texas seat assignments be reevaluated as well? Austin seats don’t match up with seniority. Much appreciated.
    I have several friends that are going to FW and all the seniority assignments look fine.. Remember the venues in FW and Austin have a capacity that is almost 10k less than Chicago or St Paul.. (newer with better acoustics, but we'll save that conversation)
    These FW shows have some incredible potential to be amazing shows. I don’t think folks understand how intimate this building is. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
    edited April 2023
    And...there are no 300 level sections at FW or Austin... and the 200s are very small, so not comparable to Chicago at all. 

I can't speak to any of this except to say both these venues are smaller than what the band normally plays. Never been to the FW venue, but as for Moody there won't be a bad seat in the house. In fact, I'd wager there are seats in the 200 level that are better than some in the 100 level. We all just need to chill.
    FW Dickies is similar... it's a smallish arena with a great sound.. like Austin, many of the 200 level seats are better than upper 100's at most other arenas. 

iamdave56 said:
    @Santos L. Halper
    I second this. Can TX shows be reassigned as well with regards to seniority???  Clearly this is the case for Texas shows too…. It’s a complete mess of seniority. 

200 level tickets with rows of people, some with extremely low ten club numbers yet sitting beside someone who signed up a few months ago. It ALL got messed up. 

Also, I know lots of people whose pairs of reserved seats were ‘by chance’ directly beside family members or spouses pairs, but in many cases they had 10c numbers years or decades apart.

My own scenario here. I have a membership from 2012 & my brothers membership started in 2020. We made our orders seperate, with different show priorities even, and somehow ended up with same section assigned seats in both Austin and Dallas??? 
    Clearly its not he case for Texas... 

They're much smaller venues than the band normally plays... for fks sake people you must take that into consideration, plus the extra 10% taken out of the pot for the premium seats.. .. look how small the 200 sections are in FW and Austin.. most arenas it would be upper 100..  

edited April 2023
    pjalli said:
    I would not have purchased these seats had I known it would be random. The ticketing post very clearly stated that seniority was to be taken into account, but it wasn't. It's just such BS.
    I’m with you, I’m trying to stay positive but my bumped back seats suck.  I’m 50+ yearsold now and this will be my last 10C show.  25+ years.  It was a great run
    What "bumped back seats"?  no seats have been bumped back in Texas.. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    edited April 2023
    Austin seats werent all seniority. Thats for sure... But it is what it is now. Lets go have a blast. It's going to be AMAZING!!!!
    Post edited by Dylan Stone on
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    I'm stoked to see them in Dickies Arena. Like has been mentioned several times already it is much smaller than their usual venues like AAC in Dallas.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • sppjaussiesppjaussie Posts: 13
    edited April 2023
    Agreed!  22x,xxx number, a ten club member for 25 years and I'm in the back of the venue for both nights of the Austin shows, section 109 and 110.  I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these during the ticket exchange in May but if not I'm stuck with (4) non transferable tickets to two shows that I'm not going to use as I definitely want to be closer (especially since I am traveling from out of town for these shows!).  At the very least they should allow us to get refunds for the tickets if we don't want them.  I'm hopeful something works out!   
    Post edited by sppjaussie on
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Austin - September 19, 2023
    Nashville - September 16, 2022
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 25th, 2014
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 26th, 2014 
    Wrigley Field - June 19th, 2013
    Atlanta (Music Midtown) - September 22, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26th, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 27th, 2012
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 24th, 2010
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA- October 23rd, 2010
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 22nd, 2006 
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 21st, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 26th, 2003
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 25th, 2003
    Atlanta - April 19th, 2003
    Nashville - April 18th, 2003
    Denver - April 1st, 2003
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 21st, 2001
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 20th, 2001
    San Diego - October 25th, 2000
    Nashville - August 17th, 2000
    Atlanta - August 7th, 2000
    Atlanta - September 1st, 1998
    Atlanta (Lollapalooza) - August 20th, 1992
  • In2Deep said:

100 Pacer said:
    Courtesy @pjalli the reply she received from front line Ticketstoday customer service confirming seniority was not considered for Austin:

Wow, had I known they would be random throughout the whole venue, I would have just opted for the TM public sale. At least you can see what you're getting before hitting the purchase button and not be committed to non transferable tickets.

I'm 57,XXX and I got 109, row S (back corner).  I don't get why this show isn't being reassigned while they clearly are dealing with that headache for the bigger arenas. 
    Ouch!  With your number you should have for sure gotten some of the best seats in the house!  I'm hopeful they fix this.........
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Austin - September 19, 2023
    Nashville - September 16, 2022
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 25th, 2014
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 26th, 2014 
    Wrigley Field - June 19th, 2013
    Atlanta (Music Midtown) - September 22, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26th, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 27th, 2012
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 24th, 2010
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA- October 23rd, 2010
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 22nd, 2006 
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 21st, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 26th, 2003
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 25th, 2003
    Atlanta - April 19th, 2003
    Nashville - April 18th, 2003
    Denver - April 1st, 2003
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 21st, 2001
    Bridge School Benefit - Mountain View, CA - October 20th, 2001
    San Diego - October 25th, 2000
    Nashville - August 17th, 2000
    Atlanta - August 7th, 2000
    Atlanta - September 1st, 1998
    Atlanta (Lollapalooza) - August 20th, 1992
  • Agreed!  22x,xxx number, a ten club member for 25 years and I'm in the back of the venue for both nights of the Austin shows, section 109 and 110.  I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these during the ticket exchange in May but if not I'm stuck with (4) non transferable tickets to two shows that I'm not going to use as I definitely want to be closer (especially since I am traveling from out of town for these shows!).  At the very least they should allow us to get refunds for the tickets if we don't want them.  I'm hopeful something works out!   
    You are aware how small this venue is, right?
  • Am I the only one hoping that the NFL schedule comes up with a Dallas home game on the 17th. Pearl Jam on the Friday and a Cowboys game on the Sunday would be an epic weekend!
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    Agreed!  22x,xxx number, a ten club member for 25 years and I'm in the back of the venue for both nights of the Austin shows, section 109 and 110.  I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these during the ticket exchange in May but if not I'm stuck with (4) non transferable tickets to two shows that I'm not going to use as I definitely want to be closer (especially since I am traveling from out of town for these shows!).  At the very least they should allow us to get refunds for the tickets if we don't want them.  I'm hopeful something works out!   
    What does the size of the arena have to do with them not honoring seniority seating?  this person, and most others, got totally screwed when they didn't deliver on the process they outlined.  Size don't matter (that's what she said)
  • mcatake said:
    What does the size of the arena have to do with them not honoring seniority seating?  this person, and most others, got totally screwed when they didn't deliver on the process they outlined.  Size don't matter (that's what she said)
    Pretty sure the OP stated they were crappy seats which they aren’t since it’s an intimate venue. I get some folks feel entitled to something but they should also exhibit some humility and just be happy they got in at face value. A lot of folks won’t get that opportunity. The band doesn’t owe anyone anything despite $30 a year for 25+ years. 
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    mcatake said:
    Pretty sure the OP stated they were crappy seats which they aren’t since it’s an intimate venue. I get some folks feel entitled to something but they should also exhibit some humility and just be happy they got in at face value. A lot of folks won’t get that opportunity. The band doesn’t owe anyone anything despite $30 a year for 25+ years. 
    If your point is there are no crappy seats in the arena, that's an opinion and great to hear (not sarcasm).  However, the OP was saying they didn't fulfill the promise of allocating by seniority.  That's a fact, not opinion.  I'm not sure why ten club/TM not executing as they said they would translates to fan entitlement. If it was going to be random then tell everyone it's random.  Otherwise people are right to be pissed.  
  • mcatake said:
    mcatake said:
    If your point is there are no crappy seats in the arena, that's an opinion and great to hear (not sarcasm).  However, the OP was saying they didn't fulfill the promise of allocating by seniority.  That's a fact, not opinion.  I'm not sure why ten club/TM not executing as they said they would translates to fan entitlement. If it was going to be random then tell everyone it's random.  Otherwise people are right to be pissed.  
    I actually do feel sorry for some folks here (CHI folks getting moved to the 300s, folks CC getting maxed out and canceling orders) but there sure is a lot of bitching about getting seats in the 100s or some other area they feel is beneath them. At the end of the day it’s a $30 membership. It’s not like you bought a $50k car and it died the next day. I’ve paid it for 20+ years and I just hope to have a shot. I’ve never felt I was owed anything. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    KV4053 said:
    I’m actually tempted to use my wife’s 200 level side stage tix for the moody rather than my other end of the arena half way up lower level much lower 10c # tix.  The sound was so shitty though for dmb and I was in the 200s that I’m going to have a decision to make.
    I was way up there for Roger Waters and I thought the sound was fantastic!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden