Anyone Else Feel Like A Sucker?

2»

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    bbiggs said:
    I don't feel like a sucker in the slightest.  I feel that 10C's ticketing process was a complete fucking debacle with zero transparency or clarity on what changes they implemented this year.  I (along with most of us) did exactly as we should have.  Broken system.
    Just out of curiosity- have you ever been suspended from posting on the forum?  Question is for anyone who hasn’t received tickets. 
    Lol, no.

Though if I had the chance, I'd suapend @bbiggs from the forum. Lmao
    Why, you @*$*#!!!  ;)  Having fun yet, buddy? 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    bbiggs said:
    I don't feel like a sucker in the slightest.  I feel that 10C's ticketing process was a complete fucking debacle with zero transparency or clarity on what changes they implemented this year.  I (along with most of us) did exactly as we should have.  Broken system.
    Just out of curiosity- have you ever been suspended from posting on the forum?  Question is for anyone who hasn’t received tickets. 
    Not yet, but given the frustration with this whole process I wouldn't rule it out in the future.  =)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Lol, no.

Though if I had the chance, I'd suapend @bbiggs from the forum. Lmao
    Why, you @*$*#!!!  ;)  Having fun yet, buddy? 

Man this is insane. I guess I haven't gotten the "gfy" email yet, so there is that. But I still wouldn't call myself optimistic. Beer and wings amd we can watch the live stream on Facebook.  :s
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m sure Pearl Jam will clearly communicate to fans what happened. They always keep us in the loop with everything 
    ha
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830

• This is the first time I've not gotten anything in a lottery. I now get the feeling that I've just been incredibly lucky in the past. Still gutted though. Only reason I maintain membership is for TC tickets. 
  • This is the first time I've not gotten anything in a lottery. I now get the feeling that I've just been incredibly lucky in the past. Still gutted though. Only reason I maintain membership is for TC tickets. 
    Only reason I keep my tenclub as well. They took away most other benefits. That seems to be all it is for. This could have graciously been handled better say limiting concert requests to 1 or 2 with such a small tour. People now complaining they have to pay for 6 or 7 already.
    don’t think I’ll pay scalper prices for Chicago and can’t travel then so guess I’ll look for other bands to spend it on. 
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there...."
  • I just now received confirmation that I got tix for Chicago Night 1 (in the 300 section, but happy to be there), so keep the faith- you haven't been OFFICIALLY shut out yet.  
  • gjv76gjv76 Posts: 35
    Wasn't it before covid that the band made a big deal about working with ticketmaster and making sure that almost every ten club member could get tickets for most shows? Maybe not GA but in the building? I got in the building for every Canadian show I wanted last time. Now I don't get pick for my 1st and only pick STP 8/31 but some people got into that show on their 3rd and 4th choice?!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    gjv76 said:
    Wasn't it before covid that the band made a big deal about working with ticketmaster and making sure that almost every ten club member could get tickets for most shows? Maybe not GA but in the building? I got in the building for every Canadian show I wanted last time. Now I don't get pick for my 1st and only pick STP 8/31 but some people got into that show on their 3rd and 4th choice?!
    They haven’t done St Paul yet. Patience
  • gjv76 said:
    I can't recall but I've always at least got in the building.  I found the wording a bit confusing to the point I canceled my original GA/Reserved and selected both for the SP 8/31. Managed to get decent reserved seats but suspect will get moved to worse after they sort it out.  Oh well at least I'm in the building.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I guess I don't feel like anything. I put the requests in for the shows I wanted, knowing I'd either get them or not and life would move on. I don't care about the process. I don't care if someone else got something I didn't or something I think I "deserved" instead. I don't care if it's "fair" or not.

I went into this process thinking the very worst case scenario is, I don't get tickets to the two shows I requested, in which case I have $650 to spend on something else (like the mortgage, haha).

As I try to teach my kids: Life isn't fair, and sometimes it's just tough shit. You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't feel like a sucker. I do kinda wish I skipped Chicago. Maybe that will change, but right now it's where I'm at. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    How has it been a clusterfuck?
    I miss igotid88
  • At this point I would like to hear anything, even a rejection so I can mentally prepare for the Indy general sales.
    August 02, 1992 - Tinley Park, Illinois
    August 20, 2018 - Chicago Night 2
  • I agree that fan club ticketing for 2023 is a complete debacle. It's always something every time you try and get tickets. Now you're going to take my seats back and give me new ones...ridiculous and fan club should be embarrassed!