psst...4/24/23

Comments

• artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    demetrios said:
    artforbw said:
    Awesome. Any guesses how many of the clear vinyl were made?

I guess they don't often disclose the edition sizes, but that number sounds like a good guess.
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Would’ve been nice to know before purchasing the RSD version…🤷‍♂️
    That would defeat the purpose of Record Store Day, wouldn’t it?
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Didn't even realise this was a clear copy until I looked at the email after I made the purchase 
    Kearnsy
  • halvhalv Posts: 699
    Are these the same as rsd on Saturday 
    Or are these 10 club variants 
    These are clear vinyl but RSD copies were black vinyl. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    I’m tempted but after ending up with four variants of the Earthings record I am going to practice self control. I got the RSD one on Saturday. That should suffice. 
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I “officially” love you Santos!
    and more Yield shirts and hoodies are awesome !
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Thanks! Picked up one of each!
  • vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 179
    Hour late and still got one.  Thanks 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,812
    edited April 2023
    Eugene said:
    Damn that was quick 

The delivery 23 minutes prior to the shipping!

It's a time travel paradox. If you already have it, you don't need to order it, thus preventing your need to order it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Bought one, I'm a sucker for colour vinyl.  Already opened and spun the RSD version.   I guess this is more for my PJ collection than anything :)

Also got stoked to see the Yield shirts were back on sale, but then bummed they are sold out of XL :(  Would of ordered 2, I love the shirt.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,878
    Eugene said:
    Damn that was quick 

The delivery 23 minutes prior to the shipping!

It's a time travel paradox. If you already have it, you don't need to order it, thus preventing your need to order it.
    But then if they don't order it... will it ever show up? paradox indeed
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Would’ve been nice to know before purchasing the RSD version…🤷‍♂️

One is black. One is clear.
    One supports independent local businesses. The other has crazy shipping charges because 10C doesn't use Media Mail.

So who eats the cost of lost or damaged records since you can't insure when you ship through Media Mail?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257

One supports independent local businesses. The other has crazy shipping charges because 10C doesn't use Media Mail.

So who eats the cost of lost or damaged records since you can't insure when you ship through Media Mail?
    I'm pretty sure you can. I think I've done it in person, wouldn't let me do it online. Its been a while, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that was the case. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Thanks Santos! I ordered one of each. The CD says variant, can you tell us the difference from the regular RSD CD? 
    @Santos L. Halper

The CDs were sold out on RSD, so I haven't seen the regular one in person, to compare.

• Santos is the gift that keeps on giving!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Thanks Santos! I ordered one of each. The CD says variant, can you tell us the difference from the regular RSD CD? 
    @Santos L. Halper

The CDs were sold out on RSD, so I haven't seen the regular one in person, to compare.

CDs are identical, supposedly. 
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    @Santos L. Halper

Now we have variant CDs? 🤯
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 321
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper

That sounds definitive, supposedly.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,529
    Wasn’t able to go to RSD, was coaching first little league game. as a result, almost bought off Discogs at inflated price. So glad slept on it! Thanks Santos and team!!!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    @Santos L. Halper

Now we have variant CDs? 🤯
    That's what it says in the shop when you order it.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516

As a Canadian I was pretty happy the shipping was 14.38.   That's really good for shipping a record to Canada.   It seems now with other online sellers, $20 to $25 is normal.  $30+ is high.

Not sure what 10c changes, but shipping costs to Canada are pretty good right now.
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper

@Santos L. Halper
    Santos, can you confirm?
    Thanks!
    (On the page where you click to order, it says variant above CD)

Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,529
    Used to ship to Blaine, WA post office box and drive down from Vancouver to pick up (when vault releases were like $40+ USD in shipping alone and gasoline cheaper). This way, WA sales tax vs shipping to Canada is almost a wash
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper

@Santos L. Halper
    Santos, can you confirm?
    Thanks!

FYI the website uses the word variant like the word version.  Check a shirt.  It says variant where you choose the size.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

The international shipping price on this is fairly reasonable actually (and supports 10C... which is an independent business, isn't it?).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kenkkenk Posts: 213

You can insure media mail. And it isn't like 10C is shipping Priority which comes with free insurance. Plus if they are still using the oversized record mailers then I am not concerned about damage. People slag media mail but I ship and receive 100+ records a year for as long as i can remember and I think 1 package has ever been lost either in either direction. 10C is basically double (or more) shipping costs than any other record shop/label I order from and their whole UPS>USPS thing that they do tends to take even longer than Media Mail to arrive.
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 299
    Wish that shipping charges weren't so out of hand these days, but love that both were made available to the fan club.  Missed out on the CD on RSD - my store only got the vinyl in stock.  No regrets that I got up early and stood out in the cold - happy to support my local record store and scored a couple other albums at the same time.  Thanks Santos!
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    I love me a variant vinyl. A no brainer of a purchase. 😎 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Now I just need to track down the Wilco RSD release…
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper

@Santos L. Halper
    Santos, can you confirm?
    Thanks!

FYI the website uses the word variant like the word version.  Check a shirt.  It says variant where you choose the size.  
    I guess that makes sense when there are actually several choices in the drop down (as in shirt sizes). There are no alternate choices in the CD drop down, so it looked like the CD itself was a variant. (Especially since the vinyl was a variant, and was set up the same way)

Thanks, your explanation cleared that up.

I wasn't looking for a variant anyway, ha! I just struck out on the CD on RSD, and was glad to get a copy here.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on