Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    blairs1 said:
    boyaxl said:
    Can we safely assume Vegas will be at MGM?
    There is allegedly a concert on the 17 there. It could be at a surrounding venue. T-Mobile or Michelob Ultra Arena could be it, Dolby Live (or whatever the theatre at Park MGM is)
    I have tickets for the show at mgm on the 17th. T-mobile is booked the 18th. 

I'm hoping pj is there 16 and 18 so I can go 3 days in a row 😆 
  • Options
    it's been 9 years since the bands been to Memphis  :scream:
    This post made me think about putting a list together of cities PJ has played in the past that they never will again.  Memphis still has a good 50/50 shot with Nashville I would say.   But with probably ten years left of touring at most, the countdown is on and fans in smaller markets shouldn’t wait for them to come to their town (most fans probably figured that out a long time ago).
    I think they learned after visiting Nashville last year it doesn't matter what part of the country they are in they get an amazing reception. The Nashville crowd was lit and better than a lot of places I've been to. Cities like Little Rock/Birmingham are in much bigger risk than Nashville where their business management company resides and a big airport for fans to travel to. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,574
    Nashville was lit indeed.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    This post made me think about putting a list together of cities PJ has played in the past that they never will again.  Memphis still has a good 50/50 shot with Nashville I would say.   But with probably ten years left of touring at most, the countdown is on and fans in smaller markets shouldn’t wait for them to come to their town (most fans probably figured that out a long time ago).
    Birmingham, Alabama down the highway probably makes that list... 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    deb1211 said:
    blairs1 said:
    boyaxl said:
    There is allegedly a concert on the 17 there. It could be at a surrounding venue. T-Mobile or Michelob Ultra Arena could be it, Dolby Live (or whatever the theatre at Park MGM is)

Logistics of tear down, storage and setup don’t seem plausible. Michelob ultra is a bit bigger but smaller than t-mobile. I’ve been to all 3. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    blairs1 said:
    deb1211 said:
    blairs1 said:
    boyaxl said:

Logistics of tear down, storage and setup don’t seem plausible. Michelob ultra is a bit bigger but smaller than t-mobile. I’ve been to all 3. 
    I hope not..says online that place holds 12000 vs 16,800 mgm grand
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    edited November 2023
    blairs1 said:
    deb1211 said:
    blairs1 said:
    boyaxl said:

Michelob ultra is 12k for concerts.  Mgm is 17k.  Also both artists could use the same stage.  Just stage lighting would be different so there isn't some big huge tear down and set up that needs to take place.  It's a relatively easy transition.
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Either venue in Vegas....I'm there!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    I think they learned after visiting Nashville last year it doesn't matter what part of the country they are in they get an amazing reception. The Nashville crowd was lit and better than a lot of places I've been to. Cities like Little Rock/Birmingham are in much bigger risk than Nashville where their business management company resides and a big airport for fans to travel to. 
    Nashville was great.  My 50/50 comment was more related to whether Nashville or Memphis would get the call the next time they go to Tennessee.   Remember, last time they played Nashville was 2003 (not counting TMR or bonnaroo).   We aren’t close to the end, but for some cities they are.
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    deb1211 said:
    blairs1 said:
    deb1211 said:
    blairs1 said:
    boyaxl said:

I hope not..says online that place holds 12000 vs 16,800 mgm grand
    Ehh. I was wrong. Definitely felt smaller at MGM. maybe it was the setup. 
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154
    Why does everybody think the shows in Vegas won’t be at this sphere? Is it already booked? And super stoked about Sacramento BottleRock will sell out no matter who is playing it’s a party and pearl jam playing won’t affect it anyways, West Coast is gonna be awesome not to mention, we definitely deserve shows!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,514
    devonfz said:
    Why does everybody think the shows in Vegas won’t be at this sphere? Is it already booked? And super stoked about Sacramento BottleRock will sell out no matter who is playing it’s a party and pearl jam playing won’t affect it anyways, West Coast is gonna be awesome not to mention, we definitely deserve shows!
    I've been in the Sphere for 2 shows and can't imagine PJ wants the fans so far away... Sphere is really about the screens and visuals... just doesn't feel like PJs vibe
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    devonfz said:
    I've been in the Sphere for 2 shows and can't imagine PJ wants the fans so far away... Sphere is really about the screens and visuals... just doesn't feel like PJs vibe
    PJs stage is as basic as it gets, some lights that lower for a few songs every night, going from that to the sphere would be a crazy jump. Don’t see that happening anytime soon, if ever. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    devonfz said:
    I get the sense that if you're pulling together production for that place then you're setting in for a residency. Seems like a weird setup to just bang out a couple shows.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154
    Sphere should have amazing sound though I don’t really care about the visuals just saying it holds the most people
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    edited November 2023
    Seems like if they played The Sphere there should be some sort of communication that the use of the screen is limited so some people don’t have larger expectations.  I would say this for any act that just stops there on a tour.  No one would go through the expense of producing a 2 hour visual show for one show.   

There may be some though that want to see a 60 year old man playing rock music wearing a fedora on a screen that is 100 feet tall.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    devonfz said:
    Sphere should have amazing sound though I don’t really care about the visuals just saying it holds the most people
    It sure does have amazing sound...
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Seems like if they played The Sphere there should be some sort of communication that the use of the screen is limited so some people don’t have larger expectations.  I would say this for any act that just stops there on a tour.  No one would go through the expense of producing a 2 hour visual show for one show.   

There may be some though that want to see a 60 year old man playing rock music wearing a fedora on a screen that is 100 feet tall.
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    edited November 2023
    So...here's my guess:

Remember how Lightning Bolt and Gigaton had tours announced about the same time as the new album? Remember that saying "things come in threes?"

Remember how December is typically a very quiet month? Yes...the last few years have had tour announcements in December-ish, BUT... those were Gigaton-related dates...

Considering Santos has been very quiet lately... I suspect they're not gonna do much these next several weeks.

Three weeks to go...and I have a sick feeling it's Sleepytime in Seattle.

With that said, things are gonna be Fast & Furious: Seattle Drift in 2024, but don't we already know that?

Here's some questions:
    1) Will Cleveland get Pearl Jam AND The Rolling Stones in 2024? Damn!

2) What are the plans for/with/of Josh in 2024?

3) What will the show format be? Lightning Bolt had 3+ hour marathon shows. Gigaton had 2+ hour shows with a few slow songs on stools to start things off. Will they change it up again?

If we don't have a major tease in the December newsletter, see ya next year! (It'll probably be something weak like "be sure to buy that 10C membership for good things in 2024.")

With that said...wouldn't we all love an announcement?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The waiting drove me MAD!!! 🤪
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    Bunting10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I could always wind up eating crow but would not put stock in those dates for a variety of reasons 
    I hope you’re hungry 
    They're trying to piggyback off good info and some shaky assumptions:

- There are huge off day gaps
    - I think the May 4th thing is a misinterpretation
    - I'm skeptical about an additional Sacramento show

My mother would never lie 
    Lock them in!
    I am hoping these dates are correct because I can make LA I&II work, mostly due to the lack of a day off between shows.  I would guess it would be back at The Forum.  The building formerly known as the Staples Center would be tied up with the possibility of NBA and NHL playoffs.  They also in the past played at the Gibson Amphitheatre (2009) and the Sports Arena (2013) but both of those places don't exist anymore.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    another day another no euro announcement
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 498
    just_one said:
    I can‘t see it being this week anymore. Too quiet. Mad Cool hasn‘t even started their social media campaign yet.

Don‘t know what Werchter is doing. Starting to sell tickets for a day with no bands seems weird.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    I can‘t see it being this week anymore. Too quiet. Mad Cool hasn‘t even started their social media campaign yet.

Don‘t know what Werchter is doing. Starting to sell tickets for a day with no bands seems weird.
    IF they are playing Werchter the annoucement is either this thursday or this friday (its the day the tickets start getting sold)

i think next week is the deadline (maximum dec 15th) NOS Alive and Mad Cool always have their headliners at least announced before x-mas in order to sell more tickets, also mad cool not saying a word so far is normal  , they fucked up a couple years ago with green day and a couple other bands when they started giving major hints without permission from the bands (green day are said to never play there again), so now they just announce everything at once.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

IF they are playing Werchter the annoucement is either this thursday or this friday (its the day the tickets start getting sold)

i think next week is the deadline (maximum dec 15th) NOS Alive and Mad Cool always have their headliners at least announced before x-mas in order to sell more tickets, also mad cool not saying a word so far is normal  , they fucked up a couple years ago with green day and a couple other bands when they started giving major hints without permission from the bands (green day are said to never play there again), so now they just announce everything at once.
    The Euro tour announcement will need to be this week if they want to continue the tradition of making us all skint for Christmas. 
    Announcement this week gives them a week or more for the 10c "lottery" before general sales, which I don't see being any later than 15 December unless they kick it back to next year. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

The Euro tour announcement will need to be this week if they want to continue the tradition of making us all skint for Christmas. 
    Announcement this week gives them a week or more for the 10c "lottery" before general sales, which I don't see being any later than 15 December unless they kick it back to next year. 
    they can announce it next monday, having the lottery announced on thrusrday and general sale on friday
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    edited November 2023
    just_one said:
    ilockyer said:
    they can announce it next monday, having the lottery announced on thrusrday and general sale on friday
    That'd be a very quick turnaround, have they ever done one on that short a timescale before? 
    Plus they also have to allow for any venue presales, they usually try and have the 10c ones done in advance as that gives us more chances at tickets. 
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    its usually only 2 or 3 days for registration for the lottery isnt?
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 498
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

There is time.

2020:
    Announcement Monday, 2 December
    Public Sale Saturday, 7 December

2018:
    Announcement Friday, 1 December
    Public Sale Friday, 8 December

2014:
    Announcement Friday, 13 December
    Public Sale Friday, 20 December

I assume this year‘s public sale is 15 December the latest, as 22 December is too close to Christmas. So even with 10c ticket sale, they could announce up until 11 December.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

There is time.

2020:
    Announcement Monday, 2 December
    Public Sale Saturday, 7 December

2018:
    Announcement Friday, 1 December
    Public Sale Friday, 8 December

2014:
    Announcement Friday, 13 December
    Public Sale Friday, 20 December

I assume this year‘s public sale is 15 December the latest, as 22 December is too close to Christmas. So even with 10c ticket sale, they could announce up until 11 December.
    EXCELENT POST!

so we have until dec 11 to wait
This discussion has been closed.