Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    deb1211 said:
    Well I've determined buying Melanie martinez vegas tickets has been a nightmare experience 😆 Making PJ look nice.
    Ha.  I bought some for my 11yo today as well.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,281
    ComeToTX said:
    deb1211 said:
    Well I've determined buying Melanie martinez vegas tickets has been a nightmare experience 😆 Making PJ look nice.
    Ha.  I bought some for my 11yo today as well.
    She cusses more than Ed 😆 I was like whoa 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 353
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:
    What is a Melanie Martinez anyhow?  Lol
    If it makes you feel better, I still have no idea what Ed Sheeran does.
    He sets attendance records selling out stadiums all over the world and the U.S.

And he’s shit.
    Amen to that
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,027
    Haijay said:
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:

And he’s shit.
    Amen to that
    To be honest , got to see him live a couple years ago and went strickly because wife likes him and left there with a totally different opinion. Kid is really really talented. You may not like his style but what he does on such a big stage all alone is nothing but amazing. The way he build songs all by himself takes real talent to do.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,425
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:

And he’s shit.
    Part of aging is accepting when you're not the target demo
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,425
    I'm not into the guy's music but playing football stadiums mostly solo acoustic is wild
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    pjl44 said:
    I'm not into the guy's music but playing football stadiums mostly solo acoustic is wild
    My buddy brought his kids to see him at MetLife and said the show was amazing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:

And he’s shit.
    He might not make the kind of music that inspires you or me, but I've seen him live and he's definitely not shit. He's legit. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,037
    edited November 2023
    Theres 2 types of music, stuff that lands for you and stuff that doesn't work for you. To write the stuff off that doesn't work for you as garbage is pretty childish. Its not that hard to recognize that it may hold value for someone else, and its pretty easy to say, "eh, its not for me".

Ed Sheeran isn't for me, but the dude sells. So it clearly is legitimate to millions of other people and it makes them happy or it gets them through shit, and thats a good thing. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    just_one said:
    Haijay said:
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:

And he’s shit.
    Amen to that
    To be honest , got to see him live a couple years ago and went strickly because wife likes him and left there with a totally different opinion. Kid is really really talented. You may not like his style but what he does on such a big stage all alone is nothing but amazing. The way he build songs all by himself takes real talent to do.
    I've come around (at least somewhat) to pop music in the last couple years and have begun to appreciate it for what it is. Having kids has helped that process along. My son was listening to Shivers by Ed Sheeran recently and when I finally allowed myself to pay attention, I couldn't deny the hooks on that, regardless of how simple it all is. We bop to Dua Lipa quite a bit in the house.
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 261
    Lets have another Facemeltor news Friday night!
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    LC said:
    Yea, that was amazing last Friday!! 👏 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 643
    LC said:
    Let’s have another Facemeltor news Friday night!
    Amsterdam dates would be great!
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    setlist41 said:
    LC said:
    Yea, that was amazing last Friday!! 👏 
    It really was!  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,398
    Choska said:
    Bunting10 said:
    If the dates are real the mariners are at home so it looks like Seattle will be getting arena shows!
    They could play Lumen, where the Seahawks and Sounders played. Taylor Swift was there last summer. Otherwise could be at Climate Pledge. 

Someone else mentioned the Gorge. I suppose they could do two nights in a row there, but late May in eastern Washington isn’t guaranteed to have great weather. Could be cold, wet and windy. Dave Matthews does three nights over Labor Day, but early September in the Gorge is reliably spectacular. 
    Late May isn't too bad at the Gorge.   It's in the desert.  The used to hold the sasquatch music festival there every may long I think it was, and it was pretty good.

Didn't think about the Football Field.  I've seen two shows there.   Saw GNR there in 2016, and the Rolling Stones in 2018. Not a bad venue.  It's complete exposed out doors though, and May on the coast could be wetter than May inland.  There's no roof on it like there is for the baseball stadium.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    LC said:
    Let’s have another Facemeltor news Friday night!
    Amsterdam dates would be great!
    Amsterdam,  if werchter is happenning or not, if mad cool in Madrid is happenning is really all i want to know at this point

Come on @Facemeltor
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    edited November 2023
    Is Facemeltor the alter for Greek Demi?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,390

Some of us like to think that it's Mike's account.  =)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

Some of us like to think that it's Mike's account.  =)
    This ^^
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    matt84 said:
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:

And he’s shit.
    Part of aging is accepting when you're not the target demo

I've readily accepted I'm not the target for Taylor Swift, Twenty One Pilots or Ed Sheeran.

But apparently the kids are.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 318
    What's the consensus on the date and city for the second Italy show?
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 320
    Could they play Open'er Festival in Poland?
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 407
    Where are all the information technology server hacker experts among us who read cryptic files in the source codes, scripts and server file structures on the Pearl Jam website, on the websites of the concert organizers and the websites of the venues and tell us when and where Pearl Jam will perform next year? Nothing could be easier for you. 😉
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,778
    edited November 2023
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
    I can't understand that.. Tool at Krakow, Budapest..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
    Different band with a total different tour
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
    if so it hasn't happened since 1992!
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,177
    edited November 2023
    seanclax said:
    What's the consensus on the date and city for the second Italy show?
    Still not sure why people think there are definitely shows in Italy etc. From all the different rumours (eg facemeltor etc), think it’s only Dublin through to Barcelona which is consistent. Everything else seems guesswork? I could be wrong (hope I am!) but has anyone seen any strong rounded rumours of any shows before Dublin or after Barcelona? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Facemeltor and jackd both said they don’t know anything about Italy and don’t know about anything east of Berlin.  I think both told us what they do know but might not know everything.  Facemeltor only signed off on Dublin through Barcelona for certain.  So I think more shows could be happening that we don’t have info on yet… or maybe not.  I guess we’ll see!
    Post edited by Bunting10 on
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,778
    just_one said:
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
    Different band with a total different tour
    Ok but why PJ doesn't do east of Berlin??.. make no sense to me..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
This discussion has been closed.