Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    The best way to explain it is comparing to, say, baseball. People think its perfectly normal to have season tickets and go to dozens of games every season, but not to go to multiple concerts for your favorite band. It's just what they know and what has been normalized vs what is "weird" Fuck them normies if they don't get it
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    edited November 2023
    just_one said:
    yeah this has cooldown a lot , bring out the annoucement dammit :disappointed: no more rumours popping out
    I mean there was a post the other day with basically the entire spring tour, assuming it was accurate.  How much else could there be expected to be? 
    the european tour which by all signs will be announced in 2 weeks
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    Those same coworkers watch the same sporting events over and over.   Wow, a touchdown.  How exciting.  Never seen that before. A home run?  My god, how lucky I was watching the game today.  

• Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    just_one said:
    just_one said:
    yeah this has cooldown a lot , bring out the annoucement dammit :disappointed: no more rumours popping out
    I mean there was a post the other day with basically the entire spring tour, assuming it was accurate.  How much else could there be expected to be? 
    I’m excited to hear further details on Leg 2 US as well!  Although I think we have most of the locations and some dates.  
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    Kwieneke said:
    steven87 said:
    Co-workers "You are going to see Pearl Jam again? How many times do you need to see them?"  Well, they never play the same show twice, the setlist is different every night so...
    I’m pretty sure I’ve had that exact conversation at least 150 times with coworkers. “Why do you need to see them again after you’ve already seen them X times.” As I try to explain to them, you won’t get it unless you go see them. 
    meanwhile they see a band who plays the same set every night and has the concert rehearsed/scripted down to banter on stage
    Exactly. This is what sets PJ apart and why I try to see them as much as I can. I love the foo fighters but I don’t need to see them more than once a tour since they play basically the same set night after night. The same holds true for most bands. PJ is a gift. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    No bits of info to see here today. We’re comparing PJ to sports now! That time Mike threw his picks into the crowd....he balked at first because he knew Stone was going to steal 2nd. And then Boom did a bicycle kick to win the game! Crazy! 

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    No bits of info to see here today. We’re comparing PJ to sports now! That time Mike threw his picks into the crowd....he balked at first because he knew Stone was going to steal 2nd. And then Boom did a bicycle kick to win the game! Crazy! 

exactly , nothing is happenning
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    I mean might as well have some bonding moments about why we all travel for multiple shows while nothing is happening 🙃 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    may as well agree with the last couple pages, I get shit from everyone in my life for going to shows. I see them laugh behind my back, eff em!
    Funny thing is if I involve my kids or friends, as in buy them tickets, their all in of course! Wife didn't have any problem when we went to Texas, but up the road to LA, no way. Im a kook all the sudden!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    Some of you need to switch out your social circles. Every time PJ announces a tour everyone comes out of the woodwork sniffing around for my 10C extras.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

Does Dublin have an indoor arena big enough? Not going to any festivals, parks or GA...
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

Does Dublin have an indoor arena big enough? Not going to any festivals, parks or GA...
    Yes 3 arena but it's supposed to be outdoors 
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

Hey dumbass, check this out - 13,000 capacity! ;)
    https://3arena.ie/about
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 335
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

Saw vedder here in 2019. Great show
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

Saw vedder here in 2019. Great show
    Amazing gig!

The crowd was electric that night & I remember EV after the first song turned to the Red Limo String Quartet and said "this is gonna be a good f*cken night."
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 648
    edited November 2023
    Rolling Stones teasing US/CA dates on their socials.
  • Options
    3Arena in Dublin is empty on Sat Jun 22nd, and on 23rd Liam Gallagher performs there.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:
    Fair.  I feel like there’s been a good bit of intel on that too.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Well I've determined buying Melanie martinez vegas tickets has been a nightmare experience 😆 Making PJ look nice.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    edited November 2023
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    If you are spending the money to travel, hit some shows in Europe instead and combine vacation + concerts. 

As someone who travels a lot... you might pay a bit extra on the airfare, but I have found Italy/Spain/Portugal to be very reasonably priced and worth it just for the food.
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,758
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

I'm sitting in there right this moment. Great venue as all the seats face the stage
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    If you are spending the money to travel, hit some shows in Europe instead and combine vacation + concerts. 
    This and get GA
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    deb1211 said:
    Well I've determined buying Melanie martinez vegas tickets has been a nightmare experience 😆 Making PJ look nice.
    What is a Melanie Martinez anyhow?  Lol
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    This and get GA
    Yeah, I have never had any issues getting GA tickets in Europe. In 2012 in Berlin, I simply bought them off the ticket website the week before the shows. Someone tried to give me one in Barcelona, but I had already agreed to buy one from someone else.
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    She's a very theatrical  20-something singer who has very crazy concept videos and some musical movies. She was on the voice years ago. My teen loves her and honestly I'm just happy that there is someone's music who moves her like PJ moves me and she can finally understand my crazy ways.

I watched some of Melanie and she watched PJ20 with me
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,758
    deb1211 said:
    deb1211 said:
    She's a very theatrical  20-something singer who has very crazy concept videos and some musical movies. She was on the voice years ago. My teen loves her and honestly I'm just happy that there is someone's music who moves her like PJ moves me and she can finally understand my crazy ways.

I watched some of Melanie and she watched PJ20 with me
    Same with me. Waiting for her show to start in Dublin 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    If it makes you feel better, I still have no idea what Ed Sheeran does.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:
    He sets attendance records selling out stadiums all over the world and the U.S.

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 648
    kaw753 said:
    deb1211 said:
    He sets attendance records selling out stadiums all over the world and the U.S.

And he’s shit.
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    Bunting10 said:
    If the dates are real the mariners are at home so it looks like Seattle will be getting arena shows!
    They could play Lumen, where the Seahawks and Sounders played. Taylor Swift was there last summer. Otherwise could be at Climate Pledge. 

Someone else mentioned the Gorge. I suppose they could do two nights in a row there, but late May in eastern Washington isn’t guaranteed to have great weather. Could be cold, wet and windy. Dave Matthews does three nights over Labor Day, but early September in the Gorge is reliably spectacular. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

This discussion has been closed.