just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    edited December 2023
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    The mad cool timing(1pm) is odd. Might not be PJ.

Euro tours in the past were announced around 8/9am

1pm is no typical time for Mad Cool, so it has to be an artist requesting that time. Not many left who would. Foo Fighters and Dua Lipa are also rumored but they have European dates already out there - so doubtful they would ask for a specific announcement date.

It‘s Pearl Jam or unknown headline act No. 4.
    My money is on billie eilish
    Be careful. No rumors whatsoever.

Also I don‘t think there‘s a pattern for announcment times. These are the times the official tweets went out for European tours (all GMT+1)

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm
    Guy that got around 50% of the line up for primavera festival said mad cool headliners are dua lipa, foo , pj and billie eillish 

I just hope its pearl jam lol

PJ will be at Mad Cool Thursday &  NOS Saturday

A lot of spare days between concerts.

If Barcelona truely is 6 and 8 july having them play Madrid 3 days after is not vedy smart when they can play Madrid on the 10th and lisbon on the 11th and return home earlier. Madrid lisbon is just a hour flight trip. Super fast. Also july 11th needs another band to help sell out. Smashing pumpkins cant sellout on their own here.(55k/60k tickets)
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,047
    just_one said:
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

1pm is no typical time for Mad Cool, so it has to be an artist requesting that time. Not many left who would. Foo Fighters and Dua Lipa are also rumored but they have European dates already out there - so doubtful they would ask for a specific announcement date.

Also I don‘t think there‘s a pattern for announcment times. These are the times the official tweets went out for European tours (all GMT+1)

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm
    Guy that got around 50% of the line up for primavera festival said mad cool headliners are dua lipa, foo , pj and billie eillish 

A lot of spare days between concerts.

If Barcelona truely is 6 and 8 july having them play Madrid 3 days after is not vedy smart when they can play Madrid on the 10th and lisbon on the 11th and return home earlier. Madrid lisbon is just a hour flight trip. Super fast. Also july 11th needs another band to help sell out. Smashing pumpkins cant sellout on their own here.(55k/60k tickets)
    2023 tour, and the rumoured 2024 dates, all have at least two days off between cities.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Kearn5y said:
    JDime20 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Dont know why we need reminders to keep our membership up to date since its auto renewal anyway.
    I don’t know about you, but my credit card has an upcoming expiration date. The reminder is nice as if I happened to forget to update it I’d be, what’s the word around here, gutted?
    Fair enough. Maybe it’s just me but i dont know about you, i get a reminder email about  membership auto renewal.
    I’m sure I do too. I get a lot of emails about a lot of things to sort through. Sometimes 10club stuff ends up in spam. But I know the newsletter comes the 10th, and I know they’ll include reminders at crucial times. Simplicity. It’s just a reminder, it won’t bite. 
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 707
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,415
    Zod said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:
    Man I’m really hoping there’s a “spicy” Europe date or two we don’t know about yet. 

Has anyone looked at flighs to Seattle end of March? They’re insane
    Guessing thats a typo and you meant May?

All flights are crazy for the shows we are planning. Seattle/Barcelona/Indy are so expensive at the moment. 
    Flights are crazy at the moment but it’s still pretty far out. I usually wait until 2-3 months before to book. Fortunately I have a lot of points saved up so I’ll probably be using those. 

I'm going to have tough choices.  If there are truly 2 shows in Vancouver, I might skip Seattle.   Usually Vancouver is much easier to get good tickets (in 2023 they had to run the pit lottery a 2nd time).   Hotels are pretty expensive, with it looking like it would be 1200 to 1400 to get a hotel for 3 nights in Vancouver.     That day off the middle, definitely throws a wrench in terms of costs with the extra hotel night needed.  With Seattle rumoured to be the last 2 nights on the opposite end of the leg, it messes with vacation days, and travel costs, plus Seattle is even more expensive than Vancouver for hotels.

I'm usually good attending 2 or 3 shows when PJ plays the PNW.  If they were only doing one in Vancouver, I'd be all over Seattle, but if I can do 2 in Vancouver.. makes a little more sense.   It just feels weird that I haven't skipped any big venue PJ shows in Seattle in over 25 years now.

Still shocked they might do 2 in Vancouver.  Vancouver demand is usually pretty modest when there's Seattle shows, as far less Americans north (just like Seattle Demand is extra big when there's no Vancouver show as we go south).   Especially, when it looks like you can't link the dates easily with travel to other cities in the PNW.  Just two dates unto their own Island.  Hopefully it makes getting GA tickets easy :)
    Yeah, two shows in Vancouver would really help my wallet as I too will likely avoid Seattle. I’m pleasantly surprised there’s a chance for two shows there (here)… many major artists do one show only - or skip it altogether.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

Well if it’s on alternative nation you know it must be legit. They’ve never reported uncorroborated rumors before 🤣
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    Zod said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:
    Man I’m really hoping there’s a “spicy” Europe date or two we don’t know about yet. 

Has anyone looked at flighs to Seattle end of March? They’re insane
    Guessing thats a typo and you meant May?

All flights are crazy for the shows we are planning. Seattle/Barcelona/Indy are so expensive at the moment. 
    Flights are crazy at the moment but it’s still pretty far out. I usually wait until 2-3 months before to book. Fortunately I have a lot of points saved up so I’ll probably be using those. 

I'm going to have tough choices.  If there are truly 2 shows in Vancouver, I might skip Seattle.   Usually Vancouver is much easier to get good tickets (in 2023 they had to run the pit lottery a 2nd time).   Hotels are pretty expensive, with it looking like it would be 1200 to 1400 to get a hotel for 3 nights in Vancouver.     That day off the middle, definitely throws a wrench in terms of costs with the extra hotel night needed.  With Seattle rumoured to be the last 2 nights on the opposite end of the leg, it messes with vacation days, and travel costs, plus Seattle is even more expensive than Vancouver for hotels.

I'm usually good attending 2 or 3 shows when PJ plays the PNW.  If they were only doing one in Vancouver, I'd be all over Seattle, but if I can do 2 in Vancouver.. makes a little more sense.   It just feels weird that I haven't skipped any big venue PJ shows in Seattle in over 25 years now.

Still shocked they might do 2 in Vancouver.  Vancouver demand is usually pretty modest when there's Seattle shows, as far less Americans north (just like Seattle Demand is extra big when there's no Vancouver show as we go south).   Especially, when it looks like you can't link the dates easily with travel to other cities in the PNW.  Just two dates unto their own Island.  Hopefully it makes getting GA tickets easy :)
    If they’re actually doing 2 shows in Vancouver, I’m going to seriously consider that as well. I’ve been dying to see them in Seattle (never have), but if the dates really are 5/28 and 30, those unfortunately aren’t going to work for me. Plus I haven’t been to Vancouver since I was a kid and wouldn’t mind spending a few days there. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,407
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

Well if it’s on alternative nation you know it must be legit. They’ve never reported uncorroborated rumors before 🤣

It kind of looks like they're just re-posting the rumors that people share here. Actually, it looks a lot like that.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,128
    im already angry about the whole lottery ticket system!!!
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

It kind of looks like they're just re-posting the rumors that people share here. Actually, it looks a lot like that.
    Every music site that posts is doing EXACTLY THAT
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm

That’s what I had guessed a while back.  Makes sense. 
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm

God i hope u're all wrong😞
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    just_one said:
    Bunting10 said:
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm

Oh yeah, I hope it does work out how you wanted it for your plans!  Just thinking this was the route because the NOS stage had already been scheduled for the 11th and 12th.  
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 707
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

That’s their favorite pastime! 😜
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    just_one said:
    Bunting10 said:
    euchrid said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

2020 11am
    2018 9 am
    2014 9 am
    2012 8 pm

Oh yeah, I hope it does work out how you wanted it for your plans!  Just thinking this was the route because the NOS stage had already been scheduled for the 11th and 12th.  
    Despite not wanting them here on the 13th for the reasons i already stated, i honestly cant see smashing pumpkins selling out 55k/60k(hell not even 25k/30k at maximum) tickets for a single day here. They must have another great band to help them sell out the day
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    edited December 2023

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited December 2023
    Ugh. Brett is back.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited December 2023
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

Trash Nation is worse.

Their headline is something like: "Eddie Vedder Makes Heartbreaking Announcement" and it something like having to warn someone to "calm down or you're out!"

But anything to make the reader think the band is quitting, Jill has some horrible disease, etc.

Brett is a dickstain.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

The kicker is he gets his information from here.  :D  
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

The kicker is he gets his information from here.  :D  

And then you wonder why Dimi stopped posting.
  • Options
    ChrissalChrissal Washington DC Posts: 8
    I’m sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m new here. Do we think they will have separate lotteries for each leg of the tour or will it be everything all at once?
  • Options
    Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 183
    edited December 2023
    Is it possible
  • Options
    Is it possible
    Yes and no. Well, maybe. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,936
    Chrissal said:
    I’m sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m new here. Do we think they will have separate lotteries for each leg of the tour or will it be everything all at once?
    I think the general thought is separate lotteries for each of the 4 legs. However many speculate the ballpark shows may be announced with the leg 1 dates or on their own entirely. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Chrissal said:
    I think the general thought is separate lotteries for each of the 4 legs. However many speculate the ballpark shows may be announced with the leg 1 dates or on their own entirely. 
    I was just thinking “yeah, there’s no way they wait till May-June to announce Wrigley”
    well I just looked, last year the Jonas brothers announced their late August show at Wrigley on May 2nd. 
    Pearl Jam will sell Wrigley out almost instantly, so maybe the stadium announcement isn’t as close as I thought. 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    steven87 said:
    Jadler said:
    Here we go 🙄 😖 

Trash Nation is worse.

Their headline is something like: "Eddie Vedder Makes Heartbreaking Announcement" and it something like having to warn someone to "calm down or you're out!"

But anything to make the reader think the band is quitting, Jill has some horrible disease, etc.

Brett is a dickstain.
    Yeah, it's very reminiscent of a tabloid. Total click bait headlines for something lame.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,936
    Chrissal said:
    I was just thinking “yeah, there’s no way they wait till May-June to announce Wrigley”
    well I just looked, last year the Jonas brothers announced their late August show at Wrigley on May 2nd. 
    Pearl Jam will sell Wrigley out almost instantly, so maybe the stadium announcement isn’t as close as I thought. 
    Solid point. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Chrissal said:
    I’d expect similar timing to 2016, late Jan.  I am not sure if PJ will sell out Wrigley that quickly.  Maybe.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    nothing so far :(
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,185
    just_one said:
    nothing so far :(
    Doesn’t feel like an announcement day 
This discussion has been closed.