Options

*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,396
    So, that interview -- wow.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    How many attorneys do we think will quit tomorrow?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    How many attorneys do we think will quit tomorrow?
    Ha!

MAGA - Making Attorneys Get Attorneys
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Donald Trump just loves confessing to crimes on national television. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299

wonder what he said he would do. probably ban him from the trump golf clubs or something. you know, a catastrophe.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    That interview was some next level shit.

Jesus.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
  • Options
    fucksticks watch. did nothing....

gift

Russia Sought to Kill Defector in Florida

A failed plot to assassinate a C.I.A. spy in 2020 in part led to expulsions of the agency’s chief in Moscow and his Russian counterpart in Washington.

President Vladimir V Putin of Russia sitting in a chair in front of a Russian flag with his hands clasped
    The clandestine operation represented a brazen expansion of President Vladimir V. Putin’s campaign of targeted assassinations.Credit...Gavriil Grigorov/Sputnik, via Reuters
    June 19, 2023

As President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia has pursued enemies abroad, his intelligence operatives now appear prepared to cross a line that they previously avoided: trying to kill a valuable informant for the U.S. government on American soil.

The clandestine operation, seeking to eliminate a C.I.A. informant in Miami who had been a high-ranking Russian intelligence official more than a decade earlier, represented a brazen expansion of Mr. Putin’s campaign of targeted assassinations. It also signaled a dangerous low point even between intelligence services that have long had a strained history.

“The red lines are long gone for Putin,” said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former C.I.A. officer who oversaw operations in Europe and Russia. “He wants all these guys dead.”

The assassination failed, but the aftermath in part spiraled into tit-for-tat retaliation by the United States and Russia, according to three former senior American officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss aspects of a plot meant to be secret and its consequences. Sanctions and expulsions, including of top intelligence officials in Moscow and Washington, followed.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,007
    mickeyrat said:
    fucksticks watch. did nothing....

gift

Russia Sought to Kill Defector in Florida

A failed plot to assassinate a C.I.A. spy in 2020 in part led to expulsions of the agency’s chief in Moscow and his Russian counterpart in Washington.

President Vladimir V Putin of Russia sitting in a chair in front of a Russian flag with his hands clasped
    The clandestine operation represented a brazen expansion of President Vladimir V. Putin’s campaign of targeted assassinations.Credit...Gavriil Grigorov/Sputnik, via Reuters
    June 19, 2023

As President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia has pursued enemies abroad, his intelligence operatives now appear prepared to cross a line that they previously avoided: trying to kill a valuable informant for the U.S. government on American soil.

The clandestine operation, seeking to eliminate a C.I.A. informant in Miami who had been a high-ranking Russian intelligence official more than a decade earlier, represented a brazen expansion of Mr. Putin’s campaign of targeted assassinations. It also signaled a dangerous low point even between intelligence services that have long had a strained history.

“The red lines are long gone for Putin,” said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former C.I.A. officer who oversaw operations in Europe and Russia. “He wants all these guys dead.”

The assassination failed, but the aftermath in part spiraled into tit-for-tat retaliation by the United States and Russia, according to three former senior American officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss aspects of a plot meant to be secret and its consequences. Sanctions and expulsions, including of top intelligence officials in Moscow and Washington, followed.

continues....

Making ‘Murica Great Again.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    mickeyrat said:
    let's be real. that math doesn't add up to anything without any proof. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    That interview was bonkers. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    mfc2006 said:
    Astounds me that people can watch that and believe every word he says.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    I'm glad Baier hit back but it's getting pathetic to keep hearing tRump say that he "won by a lot"....I realize the magats still believe this but goddamn even Brit Hume said tRump was incoherent.

That says a lot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Baier is the most reasonable Fox host (low bar I know). Surprised Trump would sit down with him and not one of the usual sycophants.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    read a twitter thread about how fox isn't "pushing back" or "finally being journalists", they aren't looking to elect a president; they are a money making machine first and foremost.

they are flowing with the tide of public opinion. they "know" that trump is toast, and are beginning to see the blowblack from his support how it's waning, and they only going where the money flows; and right now, that's throwing trump under the bus that much of his support is now riding. 

it'll be interesting to see if that theory is right. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    read a twitter thread about how fox isn't "pushing back" or "finally being journalists", they aren't looking to elect a president; they are a money making machine first and foremost.

they are flowing with the tide of public opinion. they "know" that trump is toast, and are beginning to see the blowblack from his support how it's waning, and they only going where the money flows; and right now, that's throwing trump under the bus that much of his support is now riding. 

it'll be interesting to see if that theory is right. 
    I don't know for a fact, but I can't help but feel like pushing back against the election lies isn't unrelated to the lawsuit they settled w/ dominion and / or the other lawsuits they're facing. 

Whether it was part of the dominion settlement, or them simply being proactive in advance of any more settlements, I'm sure i don't know, but I infer this change of tune has something to do with their legal situation. 
  • Options
    that could very well be it as well. Either way, I think it's important to remember that Fox isn't magically becoming "real journalists". they are going where the money is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Baier is the most reasonable Fox host (low bar I know). Surprised Trump would sit down with him and not one of the usual sycophants.

I believe he did sit down with Hannity recently, and was a mess then, too.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Astounds me that people can watch that and believe every word he says.

He's like a Rorschach test -- people pick and choose the pieces they like from his word salad and then go "Yeah! Damn right!"

So, yes, he has documents, but not about Iran, but he had said he had the plans to invade Iran, but they were just clippings about Iran, and he was talking big because he hates Gen. Milley, but if they were the real war plans, he's pretty sure they were declassified and he has a right to have them, but even if they weren't declassified, he could have declassified them, but he didn't have them, unless they were in a box with his shoes and his golf shirts.

That's essentially what he said last night. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense, logically, but if you just hear the parts you want to hear, you can string together an argument, or fist-pumping lib ownership, or something.
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Trump is toast. I think even the maga's are coming around to this fact...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

advisor apparently.  like going with his recommendations over the lawyers.....

• Options

He's not an attorney.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I don't know. It's a cult, and so many of them are willing to tie themselves up in knots creating a narrative that fits their worldview that I don't think there's anything that would cause them to abandon him. Some people were claiming that the recording of him brandishing the Iran invasion plans was AI-generated.

Now, I DO think that there are a few voters who are "gettable." Would they abandon him because now, after all this everything, he has crossed some red line that they still have? Ehh, I doubt it, but, maybe? More likely is that they're just exhausted by him or they think he can't win.

But those gettable voters are important! The 2024 election will be won on the margins, in the swing states. Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan -- eroding his support in those states and getting voters to turn out for Biden, instead, is the key to a Dem victory in 2024 (Biden could win 99% of the vote in California, and that doesn't get him any more electoral votes than a narrow victory there would).

Anyway:

I'll go ahead and say it now: when TFG dies, his base will either 1) Claim that the "Biden Crime Syndicate" had him murdered, 2) Insist that he's not dead, because someone saw him in the frozen foods aisle in a Piggly Wiggly (with Elvis and/or JFK, no doubt), or 3) both, because everyone knows that he's Superman and is the strongest, fittest, healthiest man ever to have lived. Bet on it.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I don't know. It's a cult, and so many of them are willing to tie themselves up in knots creating a narrative that fits their worldview that I don't think there's anything that would cause them to abandon him. Some people were claiming that the recording of him brandishing the Iran invasion plans was AI-generated.

Now, I DO think that there are a few voters who are "gettable." Would they abandon him because now, after all this everything, he has crossed some red line that they still have? Ehh, I doubt it, but, maybe? More likely is that they're just exhausted by him or they think he can't win.

But those gettable voters are important! The 2024 election will be won on the margins, in the swing states. Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan -- eroding his support in those states and getting voters to turn out for Biden, instead, is the key to a Dem victory in 2024 (Biden could win 99% of the vote in California, and that doesn't get him any more electoral votes than a narrow victory there would).

Anyway:

I'll go ahead and say it now: when TFG dies, his base will either 1) Claim that the "Biden Crime Syndicate" had him murdered, 2) Insist that he's not dead, because someone saw him in the frozen foods aisle in a Piggly Wiggly (with Elvis and/or JFK, no doubt), or 3) both, because everyone knows that he's Superman and is the strongest, fittest, healthiest man ever to have lived. Bet on it.
    Guess I should clarify that I don't think they will suddenly become reasonable again. I just mean I feel as if some of them will abandon him for Desantis or someone else because they're getting tired of the baggage. I don't see any sizeable portion of the people who still backed him now as gettable voters for the dems. They'll just hop onto what they feel is the next best thing which might be Desantis, though his campaign is off to a horrendous start. 

I really, really, really, hope Trump mans up and agrees to the debates. Christie will absolutely clean his clock---but it's for that reason that I think Trump will try to skip it. 

Agreed on your last paragraph. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    There is a part 2 of the interview on tonight.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    There is a part 2 of the interview on tonight.
    How awesome is that!