Trump says he’d consider appointing RFK Jr. to role in administration

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Updated 4:58 PM EDT, Tue August 20, 2024
    Donald Trump and Robert F Kennedy Jr
    Donald Trump and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

Donald Trump said Tuesday he would “certainly” be open to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. playing a role in his administration if the independent candidate drops out of the 2024 race and endorses the former president.

“I like him, and I respect him,” Trump told CNN’s Kristen Holmes in an interview after a campaign stop in Michigan.

“He’s a brilliant guy. He’s a very smart guy. I’ve known him for a very long time,” the Republican presidential nominee said. “I didn’t know he was thinking about getting out, but if he is thinking about getting out, certainly I’d be open to it.”

Trump’s comments came after Kennedy’s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, said on a podcast posted Tuesday that the Kennedy campaign is considering dropping out of the race and endorsing Trump. She described the decision as intended to reduce “the risk” that Vice President Kamala Harris defeats Trump.

Trump said he would “love that endorsement, because I’ve always liked” Kennedy.

Asked if he would consider appointing Kennedy to a role in his administration if he wins in November, Trump said he “probably would.”

continues....

What's illegal?

coordination between campaigns?
    They'll have to lock up Mayor Pete and throw away the key if this is true

1st, he was actively running for the nomination then bowed out after s carolina placing 4th. his polling apparently showed he was dead in the water.
    later he was put up for sec transportation.

rfk jr is actively running for president and is on ballot for such in a handful of states and claims to have the signatures to gain ballot access in the remaining states. both candidates are apparently in active communication.

theres a difference.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    feels a little illegal no?

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

Donald Trump said Tuesday he would “certainly” be open to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. playing a role in his administration if the independent candidate drops out of the 2024 race and endorses the former president.

“I like him, and I respect him,” Trump told CNN’s Kristen Holmes in an interview after a campaign stop in Michigan.

“He’s a brilliant guy. He’s a very smart guy. I’ve known him for a very long time,” the Republican presidential nominee said. “I didn’t know he was thinking about getting out, but if he is thinking about getting out, certainly I’d be open to it.”

Trump’s comments came after Kennedy’s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, said on a podcast posted Tuesday that the Kennedy campaign is considering dropping out of the race and endorsing Trump. She described the decision as intended to reduce “the risk” that Vice President Kamala Harris defeats Trump.

Asked if he would consider appointing Kennedy to a role in his administration if he wins in November, Trump said he “probably would.”

continues....

What's illegal?
    Being a phony 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,113
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

continues....

What's illegal?

1st, he was actively running for the nomination then bowed out after s carolina placing 4th. his polling apparently showed he was dead in the water.

rfk jr is actively running for president and is on ballot for such in a handful of states and claims to have the signatures to gain ballot access in the remaining states. both candidates are apparently in active communication.

theres a difference.
    Is there actually a law against either of these things?

A minor point but after years of following third parties and their ballot access fights "having the signatures" ain't the end of it. As we sit here today he only has 23 states. (Which is honestly kinda impressive for an independent run.)
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

continues....

What's illegal?
    Being a phony 
    If that were true they'd give him the chair
    Vivek and RFK Jr are absolutely terrifying in their desperation 
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

continues....

What's illegal?

theres a difference.
    I mean the polling also shows RFK Jr dead in the water. In case poll results factor into either of these laws.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    I'd also like to know if there are provisions/laws preventing that, but whatever that outcome is, the difference is obvious: Pete dropped out and was offered a job months after (no proof it was earlier). RFK is shopping around for a job based on him ending his campaign. Massive difference. It's pretty much like bribery. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,633
    edited August 21
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

continues....

What's illegal?

theres a difference.
    I mean the polling also shows RFK Jr dead in the water. In case poll results factor into either of these laws.

primaries vs campaign.....
    zero evidence pete coordinated with joe.

rfk jr OWN video records a phone call from fuckstick. while borh are running.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar/post/C-6PHXrgcNz/?xmt=AQGzcr8OuOxpfIG9QIHPu-zpO7G8xHA8896raJzN-1FPUg
    Should we just make a thread for all the bull 💩 he spews! Loaf of bread sexually assaulted 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar/post/C-6PHXrgcNz/?xmt=AQGzcr8OuOxpfIG9QIHPu-zpO7G8xHA8896raJzN-1FPUg
    Should we just make a thread for all the bull 💩 he spews! Loaf of bread sexually assaulted 
    “Whatever it may be.” People are afraid to live in cities. Really?

Population of:

NYC: 8,097,000
    LA: 3,795,000
    CHI: 3,638,000
    HOU: 2,319,000
    PHX: 1,662,000
    PHI: 1,533,000
    SNT: 1,513,000
    SD: 1,388,000
    DAL: 1,302,000
    JAC: 997,164

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    3 minute read
    Getty Images
    CNN  — 

continues....

What's illegal?

theres a difference.

primaries vs campaign.....
    zero evidence pete coordinated with joe.

rfk jr OWN video records a phone call from fuckstick. while borh are running.

I think you're inventing laws
    https://www.threads.net/@acynig/post/C-6sYxSxz6O/?xmt=AQGz518a31SfB-F3YsU3_34NvM0nlFcnPXWVSj34Rmgdnw
    Classic Obama! 
    What’s Cheeto going to do call another news conference to cry foul 😂
    https://www.threads.net/@meidas_monica/post/C-7dwP9xqXX/?xmt=AQGzLvsc9yg5TCEMIQtARCylKzVL3F22xWLHW5dWCcugdA
    Republicans playbook! 
    Regan did it Nixon did it for their own gain never mind that families of the hostages are begging for their loved ones release! 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    RFKjr is a fucking nut job. It's clear that his intention this whole time was to get some sort of DC position whether it was from trump or Harris.

His family fucking hates him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    https://www.threads.net/@acynig/post/C-6sYxSxz6O/?xmt=AQGz518a31SfB-F3YsU3_34NvM0nlFcnPXWVSj34Rmgdnw
    Classic Obama! 
    What’s Cheeto going to do call another news conference to cry foul 😂
    From the above:

johngriffones profile picture

In larger context, as part of the longer segment, it's masterful. He raises the right hand with "nicknames", then the left with "conspiracy theories" so when he raises them both there's a natural crescendo effect when he gets to "crowd size" and glances down. It might be the most impressive use of rhetorical skills in service of a dick joke in the history of humanity.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    Photo by Marco Foster on August 20 2024 May be an image of 2 people and the Oval Office

Brilliantati©

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    edited August 21
    The field
    Elon is probably going to end up with a role on the administration after going all-in for Trump, too. He's going to be (by a different title) Minister of Propaganda.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Unpresidented. Has this ever been the case? Dumb as dirt, that POOTWH. From WaPo:

Former Trump national security official Olivia Troye to speak tonight

Olivia Troye, a former national security official in the Trump administration, is scheduled to speak at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago on Wednesday night.

Troye, a Mexican American from El Paso, has been a vocal critic of former president Donald Trump since 2020, when she joined more than 70 former national security officials in signing a letter calling Trump unfit to lead.

The Harris campaign is touting Troye’s appearance at the convention as she is part of Republicans for Harris, one of the campaign’s programs to reach out to GOP voters against Trump.

Democrats have featured other Republican speakers this week, including former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham and John Giles, mayor of Mesa, Ariz., both of whom spoke Tuesday night. Geoff Duncan, a former Georgia lieutenant governor, is also scheduled to speak Wednesday night.

Brilliantati©
    wait, whats this? are those ***gasp*** teleprompters in use by the chief complainer about teleprompters?and the replacement theory bullhorn is rather umm racist and fearmongering.

https://www.threads.net/@bobbiedoubrava/post/C-7_0dCxvFj/?xmt=AQGzr9uBdUp05hjjH9_QIcBpCmPn5kH69V58b6RzdEuQww
    He loves himself a killer Putin! I guess folks here best start making plans to get away if he gets elected! 
    mickeyrat said:
    wait, whats this? are those ***gasp*** teleprompters in use by the chief complainer about teleprompters?and the replacement theory bullhorn is rather umm racist and fearmongering.

Speaking of JD Byryder, did he resign his senate seat to run for VP? I know it’s not uncommon for candidates to retain their current office while they run for another but if he hasn’t, I’d say it’s a “tell” regarding his confidence level of winning the election. He may already know there’s not a chance in hell of that old, demented crazy, dumb as dirt running mate winning this thing. It’s just about the grift and positioning oneself for 2028.

If you happen to be in or go to DC, stop by the good senator’s office and when they ask you why you’re there, just say you’re there to make sure the couches are okay.

Brilliantati©

That's fair...a sign of good journalism

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Well how can it be confirmed? Who is that woman stating that 
    Judy Woodruff, PBS Newshour host and seasoned Washington, DC reporter. I doubt she’d say as such if her sourcing wasn’t solid. She’s been reporting on politics from DC for decades.
    lol
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    I'm all for freedom of the press and fact based journalism, but sometimes people want to believe something so much that they disregard the source or full context. I hate when the right does it and I hate when the left does it, but more often than not, the left will own the mistake and correct a misstatement, whereas the right has to be taken to court and sued in order to issue corrections.

You can LOL it,  but the 2 are still not even close to the same. Some people just need to slow their roll. There's so much verified despicable behavior/actions to go off of already. Keep hammering at that instead of projection and hit pieces vying for clicks and to keep this race close for ad revenues. The truth is, this election shouldn't need any amplified bluster, just press play on what is actually being publicly stated and let the people decide if it's what they want to vote for. Anyone listening to what Trump says and liking what they hear isn't somebody who will be swayed by a rumor or whispered hearsay.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    pjl44 said:
    Well how can it be confirmed? Who is that woman stating that 
    Judy Woodruff, PBS Newshour host and seasoned Washington, DC reporter. I doubt she’d say as such if her sourcing wasn’t solid. She’s been reporting on politics from DC for decades.
    lol
    “I doubt” is not same-same as “I know.” Judy Woodruff is a credible journalist with decades in the biz. This is the first time I’ve heard her make a retraction since I started watching her on CBS News in the 70s, I believe. Doesn’t mean she hasn’t made other reporting mistakes and made retractions in the past, just that if she has, I hadn’t heard them. She’s a credible journalist.

But hey, you got me. How’s your Google search going?

Brilliantati©
    tbergs said:
    I'm all for freedom of the press and fact based journalism, but sometimes people want to believe something so much that they disregard the source or full context. I hate when the right does it and I hate when the left does it, but more often than not, the left will own the mistake and correct a misstatement, whereas the right has to be taken to court and sued in order to issue corrections.

You can LOL it,  but the 2 are still not even close to the same. Some people just need to slow their roll. There's so much verified despicable behavior/actions to go off of already. Keep hammering at that instead of projection and hit pieces vying for clicks and to keep this race close for ad revenues. The truth is, this election shouldn't need any amplified bluster, just press play on what is actually being publicly stated and let the people decide if it's what they want to vote for. Anyone listening to what Trump says and liking what they hear isn't somebody who will be swayed by a rumor or whispered hearsay.
    It was understandable....and she just mentioned it and gave a disclaimer. Reuters is a reputable "source"

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    tbergs said:

It was understandable....and she just mentioned it and gave a disclaimer. Reuters is a reputable "source"
    I'm petty sure I read the same Reuters article because the first thing I did was scour the news for where this may have come from and all I found was what Reuters had already stated. It sounds like she just misspoke or people misinterpreted what she said. Not a bash on her because I think it was like a game of telephone where people took what she said and further watered it down.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    yeah her saying "the reporting is that..." was accurate. That was the report. She never said it was accurate but apologized for giving it legs.

This is more of a problem with our current instant news system. No time to verify.