Options

*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,967
    mickeyrat said:
    This is funny to me, as my brother was just telling me this weekend how the Black vote swaying towards Trump is what's going to swing the election.  I hadn't heard of this, so I did some reading and I assume he's reference a Times/Sienna poll (Latest Siena & NYT poll shows growing support for Trump among Black voters (wkbw.com)). 

However, what I've seen from Pew (An Early Look at Black Voters’ Views on Biden, Trump and Election 2024 | Pew Research Center) and USA Today (Takeaways from new poll: 3rd parties gain, Biden struggles, Trump (usatoday.com)) more recently is that while Black support for Biden might not be high, that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to Trump.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    mickeyrat said:
    This is funny to me, as my brother was just telling me this weekend how the Black vote swaying towards Trump is what's going to swing the election.  I hadn't heard of this, so I did some reading and I assume he's reference a Times/Sienna poll (Latest Siena & NYT poll shows growing support for Trump among Black voters (wkbw.com)). 

However, what I've seen from Pew (An Early Look at Black Voters’ Views on Biden, Trump and Election 2024 | Pew Research Center) and USA Today (Takeaways from new poll: 3rd parties gain, Biden struggles, Trump (usatoday.com)) more recently is that while Black support for Biden might not be high, that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to Trump.  
    Yeah it's really hard to get a good gauge of anything. Polling wasn't real accurate for the 2022 elections and the error seemed to favor the dems.

I really don't know what's going to happen. I will be surprised if tRump wins but if he does then so be it. If the majority of people want that piece of shit then let them have it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah it's really hard to get a good gauge of anything. Polling wasn't real accurate for the 2022 elections and the error seemed to favor the dems.

I really don't know what's going to happen. I will be surprised if tRump wins but if he does then so be it. If the majority of people want that piece of shit then let them have it.
    part of me hopes he wins. then in 4 years we no longer have to hear about him ever again and fades into obscurity. if he loses he's going to keep campaigning until the day he drops dead. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    where does maga go after trump is done? does beavis or butthead take up the cause? ivanka certainly won't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    mickeyrat said:

I still don't think the majority will vote for that piece of shit.(I know, that doesn't mean he can't win)
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,967
    I don't trust American apathy, I mean that's how we ended up with Trump running the GOP, right?  Makes me think of The Simpsons when Sideshow Bob is running for governor, and the great Homer and Krusty quotes:

"Hmm, I don't agree with his Bart-killing policy.  But I do approve of his Selma-killing policy."

"Well, he framed me for armed robbery. But, man, I'm aching for that upper-class tax cut."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    It was pretty hilarious here in Indiana recently. The tRump endorsed candidate for Lt Governor lost to a religious psycho named Micah Beckwith.

Mike Braun is the GOP candidate for governor who selected Julie McGuire as his running mate. He was endorsed by tRump but it's still an odd kick in the crotch for McGuire to lose.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    Is this the safe place to talk about my fears that Trump is actually going to win?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Is this the safe place to talk about my fears that Trump is actually going to win?
    Sure! But don't fear it. If he wins it will be great entertainment. The country will survive.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    mickeyrat said:

part of me hopes he wins. then in 4 years we no longer have to hear about him ever again and fades into obscurity. if he loses he's going to keep campaigning until the day he drops dead. 
    if he wins what makes you think he is going to leave after 4 years if he is still alive? Him and his supporters will do everything they can to keep him in office past a 2nd term. and he has the supreme court in his pocket.  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    mickeyrat said:

There is a way to get a 3rd term, and it's not great.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    mickeyrat said:

in elections the last 18 months, dems are consistently outperforming the polls, by 8-10% and republicans are consistently UNDERPERFORMING in the polls. polling has been way off. 

i agree that african american support for biden is not sky high, but it is damn sure higher for biden than it is for trump.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    yes. but he won't.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

if he wins what makes you think he is going to leave after 4 years if he is still alive? Him and his supporters will do everything they can to keep him in office past a 2nd term. and he has the supreme court in his pocket.  
    no he doesn't. not on something as fundamentally constitutional as term limits. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Zod said:
    mickeyrat said:

There is a way to get a 3rd term, and it's not great.
    not that I'm aware of. how?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    if you're thinking that after two terms, some other R gets elected, selects him as their VP, and they resign so he then can serve, that's about as absurd a possibility as can be. 

no one who actually wins the presidency is going to just hand it over to trump. not even lindsay graham. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    edited June 17
    The field
    if you're thinking that after two terms, some other R gets elected, selects him as their VP, and they resign so he then can serve, that's about as absurd a possibility as can be. 

no one who actually wins the presidency is going to just hand it over to trump. not even lindsay graham. 
    Lindsay would. I mean, he'd never get elected but under the phony scenario of him getting elected, he'd totally hand it over to Trump. 

As for Trump's third term, first I have a hard time believing that this walking fast food depository will live long enough to start a third term. But forgetting that, we'd need some outrageous constitutional shenanigans (repealing the 22nd amendment, or SCOTUS finding some bizarre reason to allow it), the passing it on to VP-elect Trump scenario, or a straight-up MAGA securing of the government.

As cynical and fearful as I am of dictatorship, I don't think the 22nd is being repealed and I don't even think this Trump-humping court will find a way (at least not in our current climate). I also agree that nobody's running for president just to hand it over to Daddy Trump. The third option, a coup is the most realistic, though if Trump wins this November, that becomes less likely. And if he loses and it happens, terms become meaningless.

Generally, I don't think Trump is serving beyond January of 2029. While the Cult of Trump is real, I think the party is simply using its momentum to get what it wants, which is one-party control. As awful as they are, people like JD Vance, Rick Scott, and Tom Cotton know Trump is a buffoon. They also know that his devotees spend hours per day listening to outrage about the left and liberals. They understand that life goes on after Trump's gone and that this group of devotees will always fight for their party. One-party control is the goal, regardless of whether the Trumps are atop the party.  And that goal is realistic at least; probable at most.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

nobody said that if andre the giant took the title from hulk hogan he was going to just surrender it and hand it over to ted dibiase, but he did.

i'm being silly, sorry.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,359
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

nobody said that if andre the giant took the title from hulk hogan he was going to just surrender it and hand it over to ted dibiase, but he did.

i'm being silly, sorry.
    😂 as a former wrestling mark, that hit the spot! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    edited June 18
    mickeyrat said:

Ok so what happens when he refuses to leave after his term and appoints junior to succeed him
    or just cancels elections! What then and please don’t say it can’t happen! Everything we’ve ever said that he can’t do he does 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Ok so what happens when he refuses to leave after his term and appoints junior to succeed him
    or just cancels elections! What then and please don’t say it can’t happen! Everything we’ve ever said that he can’t do he does 
    he can't cancel elections run by the states. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655
    “If Donald Trump has a superpower, it is being so brazen and insistent in his stupidity and dishonesty that his lackeys, sycophants, and credulous marks have no choice but to adopt his stupidity and dishonesty as their own.”
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    Are you not known by the company you keep? 100,000 people coming out to pray with a pedophile.

Texas megachurch pastor resigns amid allegations he sexually abused a minor

Robert Morris, founder of Gateway Church, is accused of inappropriately touching a girl over several years in the 1980s, starting when she was 12 years old.

A pastor at a Texas megachurch resigned Tuesday after a woman accused him of sexually abusing her several times between 1982 and 1987, when she was a minor.

The resignation of Robert Morris, founder and senior pastor at Gateway Church, was accepted by the church’s board of elders. In a statement, the board said it is “heartbroken and appalled” by the allegations raised by Cindy Clemishire, who was 12 when the alleged abuse began in 1982. The church said it had hired a law firm to investigate the allegations.

“Regretfully, before Friday, June 14, the elders did not have all the facts of the inappropriate relationship between Morris and the victim, including her age at the time and the length of the abuse,” the board said, adding that the elders had known about an extramarital relationship but thought it was with a “young lady.”

Morris was among a group of evangelical pastors and leaders who served on an unofficial faith advisory group for the Trump administration. The group, whose members fluctuated, would come to the White House for briefings and pose with Trump for photos. While their actual influence on policy wasn’t clear, the public images were powerful for conservative Christians who had felt unseen by previous presidents. Trump was among a roundtable of top White House officials in 2020 at Gateway, where he called Morris and another church leader “great people with a great reputation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/06/19/texas-gateway-church-pastor-abuse/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Are you not known by the company you keep? 100,000 people coming out to pray with a pedophile.

Texas megachurch pastor resigns amid allegations he sexually abused a minor

Robert Morris, founder of Gateway Church, is accused of inappropriately touching a girl over several years in the 1980s, starting when she was 12 years old.

A pastor at a Texas megachurch resigned Tuesday after a woman accused him of sexually abusing her several times between 1982 and 1987, when she was a minor.

The resignation of Robert Morris, founder and senior pastor at Gateway Church, was accepted by the church’s board of elders. In a statement, the board said it is “heartbroken and appalled” by the allegations raised by Cindy Clemishire, who was 12 when the alleged abuse began in 1982. The church said it had hired a law firm to investigate the allegations.

“Regretfully, before Friday, June 14, the elders did not have all the facts of the inappropriate relationship between Morris and the victim, including her age at the time and the length of the abuse,” the board said, adding that the elders had known about an extramarital relationship but thought it was with a “young lady.”

Morris was among a group of evangelical pastors and leaders who served on an unofficial faith advisory group for the Trump administration. The group, whose members fluctuated, would come to the White House for briefings and pose with Trump for photos. While their actual influence on policy wasn’t clear, the public images were powerful for conservative Christians who had felt unseen by previous presidents. Trump was among a roundtable of top White House officials in 2020 at Gateway, where he called Morris and another church leader “great people with a great reputation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/06/19/texas-gateway-church-pastor-abuse/
    So you're saying he was a cross dresser?