Options

The Official Mystery Band Signed Poster Reveal Thread 2023 -Thanks to Jeff for 100 Posters

Comments

• Options
    SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,190
    drfox said:
    Loujoe said:
    May ramdomly show up. Stinks.
    This is very possible, it must be somewhere, I hope it shows up at your doorstep in the coming weeks, best of luck mate. Open another 'search and find', it had to have been scanned moving from mail service to customs, it won't hurt to try again, you might get lucky. 
    What do you mean by another “search and find”? I’ve been tracking on various parcel tracking apps and contacted Royal Mail who notified me about the customs scan on 6th April (which was shown on their system but not on any of the standard customer tracking - this was the last time it was scanned)
    Not long ago I mailed a tube to the US from Canada. I was tracking the package to make sure it was received. It sat for a couple of weeks without movement, I opened a search request, it was found and started moving again through to the destination. This link is for USPS, I would imagine Royal Post would have something similar. Best of luck.
    Missing Mail and Lost Packages | USPS
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,076
    Thanks
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    So sorry to hear that Dr Fox. If it provides any hope at all, I recently received a t shirt I ordered from China 6 months after I ordered it, 5 months after it was due to arrive. These things can turn up. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,849
    tino_11 said:
    So sorry to hear that Dr Fox. If it provides any hope at all, I recently received a t shirt I ordered from China 6 months after I ordered it, 5 months after it was due to arrive. These things can turn up. 

They sure do. My fiancée bought me socks online from The Bay that were to arrive before Christmas '16. They got lost in the mail. A year & and a half later we received that original package in our Canada Post Community Mailbox. 
  • Options
    Crazily the print arrived this morning!!! Not sure where it went to for the last month, customs must have just put it aside somewhere at the start of the Easter weekend and had forgotten about it. Feel like I’ve struck gold as well as it’s one of my favourite older Ames prints. This one will be heading straight to the framer.

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    That is an absolute peach! Almost worth the heart palpitations Royal Mail gave you!
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,962
    Wow so pleased for you. It's been on my mind.  Glad you can relax now
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,623
    drfox said:
    Crazily the print arrived this morning!!! Not sure where it went to for the last month, customs must have just put it aside somewhere at the start of the Easter weekend and had forgotten about it. Feel like I’ve struck gold as well as it’s one of my favourite older Ames prints. This one will be heading straight to the framer.

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
    What an awesome score! Glad you got a killer print after that scare!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    congrats - that is a fantastic print. I may be the only person in the fanbase who thinks this poster was better than the much loved emek that was pulled (which I have never liked).

absolutely great score. 
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    That’s a beauty, so glad you got it in the end
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,623
    pdalowsky said:
    congrats - that is a fantastic print. I may be the only person in the fanbase who thinks this poster was better than the much loved emek that was pulled (which I have never liked).

absolutely great score. 
    Is that Emek the one with the wave? If so, there are at least two people who think this one is much better!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
    I knew this was sitting in a bin somewhere within customs, it just took the right person to pull it out and pass it down the line. So happy for you mate, great score and now you can breath again.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, really pleased with it and will be getting it framed shortly. Fingers crossed that greenvalley also now receives his print (he had the same issue with the customs/tracking as me)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That is awesome!!! Congrats & so happy that it finally arrived!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    And now that drfox’s poster arrived, we are at 80 signed posters shared!

LOVE that so many of these have been shared here. Can’t believe we got to see this many.

• Options
    matt3846 said:

LOVE that so many of these have been shared here. Can’t believe we got to see this many.

Thanks for sharing this. Someone from Australia shared their poster on Facebook a few days ago. They got a San Diego 06 (the yellow/orange one with a person in a gas mask).
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Thanks guys, really pleased with it and will be getting it framed shortly. Fingers crossed that greenvalley also now receives his print (he had the same issue with the customs/tracking as me)
    His is also sitting in a bin buried under a bunch of other parcels, he should also receive it sooner than later. 
  • Options
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C

Sweet!  B)
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C

Love the simplicity of this print. I wish other artists would embrace this aesthetic. Sometimes more is not necessarily better.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Sweet congrats!! Phew...
  • Options
    that ames santa barbara is fantastic. great score. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    yosi said:
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
    What an awesome score! Glad you got a killer print after that scare!
    LOL - correct, trust me - we are in a very small minority!!
  • Options
    JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 180
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
    Awesome! Glad it surfaced! 
  • Options
    JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 180

Someone posted this on Facebook the other day. Should take us to 81. 
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    drfox said:

Thanks PJ, Jeff and 10C
    So pleased it arrived! 
    Great one too 😃
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    matt3846 said:

Amazing!!!  :)
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    JoeyP21 said:

That looks pretty badass
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    JoeyP21 said:

If I was able to get a poster from this sale, this would be the one. A lot of people hate on this poster, but this show and this poster have a special place in our lives for sure. Fantastic score facebook person!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 598
    Older PJ posters are the best. Less is definitely more when it comes to gig posters.