Options

Merch prices

Just a shout out to The Cure for keeping their concert merch prices at very reasonable rates. 
€20 for a t-shirt and just €12.50 for a unique venue poster which is as good quality behind a frame as any PJ poster I have. 
Considering most bands are charging €40 for a t-shirt and the same for a poster I was really glad to see Robert Smith keeping his promise of trying to keep their concerts and merchandise accessible for all fans. 

Comments

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    I would like to see pj merch be better quality for the prices.  Mrtshurt uses the shittiest screening and cheapest quality shirts.  They do not last at all for the prices.  They need to do better!  Go back to the old brands of shirts anvil organic,Bayside etc.  These Bella canvas ones are shit.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam keep their prices under what I seem to notice is the standard prices. Including the posters. I can not really ask for more.

I think there are other areas that can use some work from the band and the organisation. Like getting Mirror Ball 2 happening.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,054
    jefft said:
    I would like to see pj merch be better quality for the prices.  Mrtshurt uses the shittiest screening and cheapest quality shirts.  They do not last at all for the prices.  They need to do better!  Go back to the old brands of shirts anvil organic,Bayside etc.  These Bella canvas ones are shit.
    I’ll take short term super soft shirts over long lasting burlap adjacent heavy cotton any day of the week. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    jefft said:
    I’ll take short term super soft shirts over long lasting burlap adjacent heavy cotton any day of the week. 
    Agreed.  I like the thin softer shirts as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Pj shirts  at shows are over priced and poor quality.  
    10c shirts seem better quality.  But only marginally  its all over priced and cheap quality  really
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,976
    JojoRice said:
    jefft said:
    Agreed.  I like the thin softer shirts as well. 
    Another vote for soft thin. Hate those thick Gilden shirts!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,019
    Pearl Jam keep their prices under what I seem to notice is the standard prices. Including the posters. I can not really ask for more.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    The quality is so poor 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Only have had problems with Eddies skull with an Evil Kenieval helmet in profile t-shirt (the print started falling off at once) and the 2010 white elephant turned yellow... but I guessed I fucked up with the washing or something. Seen other people still have their tshirts be nicely white.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    jefft said:
    Yes. Hang dry your shirts, people! 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,602
    jefft said:
    Absolutely this.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    As long as they keep their NFTs below $99 I will be happy.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    jefft said:
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,602
    static111 said:
    As long as they keep their NFTs below $99 I will be happy.
    I wonder if there will be one with Stone dressed up like a superhero?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    mfc2006 said:
    jefft said:
    Yup
    Wait, who’s putting tees in the dryer? LOL! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    jefft said:
    Yup

Inside out and on low heat.

I have yet to have one crack when I do it like that. Hang-dry really isn't an option for me.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    mfc2006 said:
    jefft said:
    Yup
    Freaks and weirdos 
  • Options
    Inside out in 30 degrees Celsius. 

Hang dry.
  • Options
    in fairness, I still wear PJ t-shirts I got 20 years ago. Very well made. (Never put in a tumble dryer - always hung dry)
  • Options
    Hang drying shirts? Uhhh no. That is a little too precious for me. =) I just wash them with all of my other clothes. When it fades and falls apart then that is it and it was fun.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    Hang drying shirts? Uhhh no. That is a little too precious for me. =) I just wash them with all of my other clothes. When it fades and falls apart then that is it and it was fun.
    "Precious"....awesomely demeaning...I would expect nothing less from someone who goes by the handle "lexicon devil" --well played
  • Options
    Agreed. I got stuff to do. It all goes in the dryer. There will be more t-shirts to buy when I need new ones. Retire the ones I love and the kids and wear them later in life when it’s cool to do so. 
  • Options
    "Precious"....awesomely demeaning...I would expect nothing less from someone who goes by the handle "lexicon devil" --well played
    Sorry you were so offended. Only meant as ribbing, hence the emoji...
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,417
    I agree that PJ prices seem to be a little under what I see for other bands.  Like posters 5 or 10 cheaper and posters about the same.

So not at the very end of the spectrum, but not at the top end either.

I'd generally be happy if they put some of the earnings towards more staff.   The worst thing about concert merch is the ringer they put their fans through to get it.  Some of those lineups are brutal :(    I see a 3 hour lineup and I turn the other way, or hope the indoor lineups are shorter.   I have to assume i'm not the only one.  They must leave some $$ on table as not everyone has the time to get through a lineup?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2022
    I have to side with you on this one!  If the band T is that important, then frame the fucker along side the posters!

• Options
    BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
    I just learned this year that it is common practice for venues to take a cut of merch sales - https://musically.com/2022/11/22/umaw-us-venues-stop-taking-cuts-of-artist-merch/

The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• Options
    mr bungle said:
    I have to side with you on this one!  If the band T is that important, then frame the fucker along side the posters!

Yeah. Not my thing, but to each their own. Wasn't trying to be mean or anything.  I just have probably 1000 shirts no joke and just wash them and toss in the dryer. 
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    Sorry that it came across that way...I actually loved the use of "Precious"...this is the problem with this forum--too much opportunity for misunderstanding.  
  • Options
    Branden said:
    I just learned this year that it is common practice for venues to take a cut of merch sales - https://musically.com/2022/11/22/umaw-us-venues-stop-taking-cuts-of-artist-merch/

Yep and its bullshit.
  • Options
    Sorry that it came across that way...I actually loved the use of "Precious"...this is the problem with this forum--too much opportunity for misunderstanding.  
    I admit that I was confused that someone with the name huntersthompson would be offended! =)
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA