Options

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (trailer)

2»

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,301
    Looks much better than the Kingdom and awesome to see Mads in the villain role. He's great.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    Temple was pure camp. loved it as kid. does not hold up as an adult. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    static111 said:
    Didn't see anyone post the trailer from a a week or two ago:

https://youtu.be/ZfVYgWYaHmE

So sad that they didn't get a fourth film off the ground in the 90s. If Lucas was so hung up on Aliens, couldn't he have worked on that in parallell to another one to shoot first. Well oh well.
    Have they retconned the alien fiasco out of canon?
    can someone translate this post for me?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    Should be some good summer fun at the cinema! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,236
    edited April 2023
    static111 said:

So sad that they didn't get a fourth film off the ground in the 90s. If Lucas was so hung up on Aliens, couldn't he have worked on that in parallell to another one to shoot first. Well oh well.
    Retconning is writing a new story that creates a new wrinkle to a previous plot point as if it were true the whole time (when it’s just a new idea presented later by a new writer), i.e. in the comics, Tony Stark’s parents were revealed after years to be adoptive parents and aliens were partly responsible for his DNA. (Sorry, that was super nerdy, but retconning is kind of nerdy! 😃). 

So, no, probably no retconning, just ignoring what happened before. I’m more interested in what line of dialogue discusses Mutt, or Shia. 

No different from previous installments. Shouldn’t Indy be living a lot longer after drinking from the cup in crusade? Indy never really mentions previous adventures specifically.

Edit: I’m very excited for this one. James Mangold is on a good run. Hope he keeps it up!
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    static111 said:

Retconning is writing a new story that creates a new wrinkle to a previous plot point as if it were true the whole time (when it’s just a new idea presented later by a new writer), i.e. in the comics, Tony Stark’s parents were revealed after years to be adoptive parents and aliens were partly responsible for his DNA. (Sorry, that was super nerdy, but retconning is kind of nerdy! 😃). 

So, no, probably no retconning, just ignoring what happened before. I’m more interested in what line of dialogue discusses Mutt, or Shia. 

No different from previous installments. Shouldn’t Indy be living a lot longer after drinking from the cup in crusade? Indy never really mentions previous adventures specifically.

Edit: I’m very excited for this one. James Mangold is on a good run. Hope he keeps it up!
    It has no effect beyond the seal.

• Options
    Nice, thanks!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,600
    Smell of Greece..The Antikythera mechanism..
    indiana jones

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,222
    Got bad reviews after the Cannes showing. But up a bit and now at 50% at RT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,600
    Who cares SC??..it's Indy!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Even in the bad reviews, they say Harrison Ford is great! Trying not to have any expectations, and then I’ll just go and enjoy it!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,222
    23scidoo said:
    Who cares SC??..it's Indy!!!
    Less-than-Indy without Spieberg imo. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"