Options

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (trailer)

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,237
edited December 2022 in All Encompassing Trip
Didn't see anyone post the trailer from a a week or two ago:

https://youtu.be/ZfVYgWYaHmE

So sad that they didn't get a fourth film off the ground in the 90s. If Lucas was so hung up on Aliens, couldn't he have worked on that in parallell to another one to shoot first. Well oh well.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

So sad that they didn't get a fourth film off the ground in the 90s. If Lucas was so hung up on Aliens, couldn't he have worked on that in parallell to another one to shoot first. Well oh well.
    Have they retconned the alien fiasco out of canon?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:

Have they retconned the alien fiasco out of canon?
    I don't really think one needs to retcon anything in a string of "adventure of the week" movies...

But no characters seems to be returning from it. 

(I liked Shia LeBeoufs character Mutt)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Episodes 1 & 3
    Great movies
    Had Nazis

Episodes 2 & 4
    Sucked
    No Nazis

Episode 5
    Who knows
    But the Nazis are back
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,690
    eddiec said:
    Episodes 1 & 3
    Great movies
    Had Nazis

Episodes 2 & 4
    Sucked
    No Nazis

Episode 5
    Who knows
    But the Nazis are back
    Ha.  Agree completely on the assessment. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,237
    edited December 2022
    In what way did Episode 2 suck...

It had some fun set pieces, I like my Indiana Jones films to be a bit grimey and dark. 

Yeah yeah, a woman screamed a bit in the film. Who cares. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,690
    edited December 2022
    Short round was annoying

(Loved him in the most recent film I saw him in)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

• Options
    eddiec said:
    Episodes 1 & 3
    Great movies
    Had Nazis

Episodes 2 & 4
    Sucked
    No Nazis

Episode 5
    Who knows
    But the Nazis are back

Agreed on your assessment of 1-3. Never bothered w/ 4, and can't see myself making time for 5. 

This coming from a guy who LOVED Indiana Jones as a kid. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,601
    Indy 5 will be my return to theaters for sure..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Temple of doom was my favorite Indian Jones movie, followed by last crusade then Raiders with the crystal skull being a movie I would rather forget altogether
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,240
    edited December 2022
    The original 3 are classic! Raiders, Crusade, then Temple, but to me they are all equal. I try not to think about Crystal Skull. Was not a fan of the large amount of digital effects and silly stunts (driving that APC off a cliff onto a giant tree limb and bouncing into a river? Groan).

Cautiously optimistic for Dial of Destiny. Director James Mangold has a fairly decent track record. I love 3:10 to Yuma, Logan, and Ford V. Ferrari. Great movies.
  • Options
    Should have still been Spielberg
  • Options
    StoveStove Posts: 317
    I just want to state how morally wrong I feel the de-aging aspect is. Brief flashbacks maybe...whole sequences no...
  • Options
    Stove said:
    I just want to state how morally wrong I feel the de-aging aspect is. Brief flashbacks maybe...whole sequences no...
    What has it to do with morals?
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    I haven't see even the first one..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    static111 said:
    Temple of doom was my favorite Indian Jones movie, followed by last crusade then Raiders with the crystal skull being a movie I would rather forget altogether
    The Crystal Skull movie seemed more like an episode of the X-Files than an Indiana Jones movie.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    The Crystal Skull movie seemed more like an episode of the X-Files than an Indiana Jones movie.
    I liked it though.  It was a little further out there but I enjoyed it.

I'm also not the person that critics everything, hell I like Waterworld and The Postman... 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    edited December 2022
    static111 said:

I'm also not the person that critics everything, hell I like Waterworld and The Postman... 
    I can't judge anybody's film tastes. I have a weakness for documentaries. I can watch them even if I don't care one bit about the subject or how mind numbingly boring they are. Or if there is a movie with a dragon and someone with a sword trying to kill it, I will probably watch it no matter how cheesy or low budget it is.
  • Options
    static111 said:

I have waterworks and Postman on DVD.  I really enjoyed both films.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:

I can't judge anybody's film tastes. I have a weakness for documentaries. I can watch them even if I don't care one bit about the subject or how mind numbingly boring they are. Or if there is a movie with a dragon and someone with a sword trying to kill it, I will probably watch it no matter how cheesy or low budget it is.
    People crucified Eragon.  I loved it but apparently I need to read the book.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    It did not in any way resemble an episode of the X-Files more than an Indiana Jones movie.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    New trailer last night..

https://youtu.be/TQpwONzpcy4
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    eddiec said:
    Episodes 1 & 3
    Great movies
    Had Nazis

Episodes 2 & 4
    Sucked
    No Nazis

Episode 5
    Who knows
    But the Nazis are back
    I absolutely love The Temple of Doom. It completely holds its own with 1 and 3. You two are nuts!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    static111 said:
    It did not in any way resemble an episode of the X-Files more than an Indiana Jones movie.

Agreed, and I'm rewatching the X-Files right now, so it's fresh in my mind. There is nothing X-Files about Crystal Skull.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    eddiec said:
    Episodes 1 & 3
    Great movies
    Had Nazis

Episodes 2 & 4
    Sucked
    No Nazis

Episode 5
    Who knows
    But the Nazis are back
    I absolutely love The Temple of Doom. It completely holds its own with 1 and 3. You two are nuts!

Agreed. My favourite. Still have the book also from when I was a kid 
  • Options
    Love 1-3! I’m iffy on Crystal Skull, mostly because a lot of the stunt work felt like it relied on digital effects and less on practical stuff. 

Excited for Dial of Destiny though, particularly the director! He has a lot of great movies.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.