in about 4 minutes...watch it be just an australia video and nothing more
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,574

• Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 359
    just_one said:
    in about 4 minutes...watch it be just an australia video and nothing more
    Well that is the most likely outcome. 

Nobody should be shocked. On the other hand if there’s more, great!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    Let's go!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Sirens4 said:
    Philadelphia is the video
    Nope
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 707
    When is this coming? 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    10 minutes ago?
  • Options
    No video for me 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    It's Melbourne '98 on IG and it says "Are you koala-fied for our ticket presales?" 😃
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    You'd think they'd post on their own site first.
    Assumed it would be Aus, but 1st "official" notice s/b PJ site. Why do we need to go elsewhere for the most current info?

• Options
    Assumed it would be Aus, but 1st "official" notice s/b PJ site. Why do we need to go elsewhere for the most current info?

Websites are no longer the most visible avenues for information, social media has surpassed a standard website some time ago.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

Websites are no longer the most visible avenues for information, social media has surpassed a standard website some time ago.
    Yes, understood. It still does not negate my post.
    Those who prefer not to join social media should be able to go directly to the source for "you heard it here first" info. Just my opinion. It seems like common courtesy that those who have actually joined a fan club should be informed first.
  • Options

Those who prefer not to join social media should be able to go directly to the source for "you heard it here first" info. Just my opinion. It seems like common courtesy that those who have actually joined a fan club should be informed first.

My dad says the same thing.  He checks the newspaper everyday for Pearl Jam tour news.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

My dad says the same thing.  He checks the newspaper everyday for Pearl Jam tour news.
    Aw, come on. Expecting the same people who post PJ news on instagram to post it on their own site first, is not the same as the jab you suggest.  Both online examples can be instantly updated, as of course a printed newspaper cannot.
    (Now get off my lawn, ha!)
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Aw, come on. Expecting the same people who post PJ news on instagram to post it on their own site first, is not the same as the jab you suggest.  Both online examples can be instantly updated, as of course a printed newspaper cannot.

Yeah... my example was somewhat exaggerated for the sake of humor.  But not really.  The band hasn't actually announced anything yet.  They've just been teasing the tour on social media because the format lends itself to stuff like that.  When there is an official announcement it will be on social media and posted on the website.  Until then, social media is your best bet for keeping up on what's going on.

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Yeah... my example was somewhat exaggerated for the sake of humor.  But not really.  The band hasn't actually announced anything yet.  They've just been teasing the tour on social media because the format lends itself to stuff like that.  When there is an official announcement it will be on social media and posted on the website.  Until then, social media is your best bet for keeping up on what's going on.
    I know its still not "official", believe me, I'm on here a few times a day for over a month, to get a sense of how valid various rumors are, like say since Nov. 10 (thanks facemeltor!). I already spend waay too much time on this.
    It was just discouraging to be refreshing on the 10 days of PJ vids page, and find that it was already posted elsewhere. Doesn't make sense. Why should you have to LEAVE the site to get the info faster?

Anyway, pull up your lawn chair 😄 !
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 581
    Pap said:
    Poor Boom, there’s plenty of room…
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I know its still not "official", believe me, I'm on here a few times a day for over a month, to get a sense of how valid various rumors are, like say since Nov. 10 (thanks facemeltor!). I already spend waay too much time on this.
    It was just discouraging to be refreshing on the 10 days of PJ vids page, and find that it was already posted elsewhere. Doesn't make sense. Why should you have to LEAVE the site to get the info faster?

As I said yesterday in a round about way. The bands website is not exclusive to paid members, anyone can visit and see the news. Social media is a way for the band to share content quicker and to a broader audience. If you’re refreshing a website over and over for an update I don’t know what to tell ya. Hop on any of the band’s social media pages and set an alert. Boom, instant content the second it’s posted. Heck, the band even encourages you to get in their socials for info. I realize it seems scary, but you can do it.  Nowhere did Pearl Jam or 10club say that the website would be the first place to give out info. Website, X, Instagram are all the places that fans get knowledge, it just depends on how fast ya want it.
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Poor Boom, there’s plenty of room…
    :smiley:
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

As I said yesterday in a round about way. The bands website is not exclusive to paid members, anyone can visit and see the news. Social media is a way for the band to share content quicker and to a broader audience. If you’re refreshing a website over and over for an update I don’t know what to tell ya. Hop on any of the band’s social media pages and set an alert. Boom, instant content the second it’s posted. Heck, the band even encourages you to get in their socials for info. I realize it seems scary, but you can do it.  Nowhere did Pearl Jam or 10club say that the website would be the first place to give out info. Website, X, Instagram are all the places that fans get knowledge, it just depends on how fast ya want it..
    Its my understanding that the INSIDE section of VIDEOS on the band's website IS exclusive to paid members. This is where the videos of the Ten Days Of PJ were posted. It is not a far stretch to think that the vids would post there first. Why would anyone expect to find the TDOPJ vid posted on IG, when its not even posted yet on TDOPJ?
    That is all I was saying.
    I do not fear social media, I avoid it if possible. I do think you were trying to be helpful, so thanks.

It really doesn't matter in this case, as it was just another layer of confirmation of info already gathered from sources that have been very reliable in the past.
    I just wanted to quickly see if any further tidbits came along with the final 10th day, other than the expected Aus vid.

It just makes me wonder, if time sensitive info Had been included, would there be a problem? Probably not, but you know, fomo!

Anyway, gotta finish up Christmas plans.
    (The beating of the dead horse is done, lol!)