10 Days Of Pearl Jam

Comments

• Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    apirk72 said:
    Robbert said:
    hihobibo said:
    danny said:
    how embarrassing on 10c you can only enter if you live basically in the us.what is the SHIPPING to expensive to ship to europe etc welcome to our  world ie the fans
    It's not the shipping cost, it always has to do with various tax laws, so lawyers only open contests to residents of the USA.
    Even worse and more embarrasing if this is the case.
    Why would you do a contest as the 10Club if thats the reason?
    You know that only US residents can join the contest, and ( how do you say it nicely ) in that way only care for those fans.

No...the Tax Laws aint the reason...thats not how the 10club is......or are they?

I mean they have to follow the laws of the countries they are doing the contests in and then if they were to expand it outside of the US they would have to follow the laws of each of those countries which are all different.  I know they are a cool rock n roll band but they can't just say fuck it, unless they want to get fined.  I get it, it sucks but there isnt anything they can do except not have contests I guess
    Wouldn't actually figuring out the laws of other countries also be an option that they could do. I mean they manage to pull off huge tours outside of the US without violating local labour or immigration laws. Relative to that, figuring out contest laws, at least in a few more countries shouldn't be that hard.
  • Options

Wouldn't actually figuring out the laws of other countries also be an option that they could do. I mean they manage to pull off huge tours outside of the US without violating local labour or immigration laws. Relative to that, figuring out contest laws, at least in a few more countries shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah, but each give show in a tour only has to follow the rules of the country it's located in, plus, the people on the ground at each venue are already setup to follow local rules.

As an example, one rule of american contests is that you can't require anyone to purchase anything. For example, in the McDonald's Monopoly game, you can buy a meal and get the board pieces (which costs money) OR you can send a free request by snail mail and have them mailed to you (costs just postage).

Is it possible to create a multi-country free giveaway that abides by all those countries' laws simultaneously? Maybe. Is it ever worth doing so? Unilkely.
  • Options
    So first of all at this time of year especially we shouldn’t be rude to each other.

I agree that the combination of the price increase and the contest exclusions at basically the same time is not the greatest customer experience.  (I’m not in the US either.). 

To me the worst thing, which isn’t even a 10 club thing, was Canadian Sirius XM subs being ineligible for the Apollo contest.  Like, could Sirius not figure out just one extra country? 

To me personally the fan club contests aren’t an issue.  I guess each person has to decide if the membership is still worth it.  While that is true, people are entitled to be frustrated to have to either pay more to get less, or be shown the door.  It’s not a great reward for loyalty.

Cheers all and let’s hope for some shows next year.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Loujoe said:
    I think it might be a legal thing for sweepstakes. Pretty sure it's not about shipping.

This is 100% correct. You see that long list of disclaimers?  They would have to have be in compliance for every possible destination. In many countries there have been so many give away scams that the rules are very complicated.  It is not as simple as people seem to make it.  Blame the lawyers  =)
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2022
    If some entries are US only, then surely the membership cost should reflect that? Price it as per the opportunities available.
    This is not a 10c members competition. Its open to US residents that are not 10c members. 

My understanding is that 10c competitions that are for members only that are in the newsletter are open to members no matter where they live. Not sure how the tax/ legal rules differ for this but its been like this for as long as they've been doing these if thats the reason. I'm an international member and yes it's a shame it's not open to everyone but just the way it is.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    You don't think they would've preferred this be worldwide and collect scores more email addresses for the same pool of prizes?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,740
    So, who here on the forum was lucky to of won one of these vinyl? 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    demetrios said:
    Not me, unfortunately. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I don't think anyone did....the fact that it was open to any and everyone makes it more likely it went to a random non-10C person
  • Options
    Was this contest advertised anywhere besides the website? I would think that the majority of the traffic on the Pearl Jam website was 10club members. It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation that someone has actually won one of these. 
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    TK46426 said:
    Was this contest advertised anywhere besides the website? I would think that the majority of the traffic on the Pearl Jam website was 10club members. It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation that someone has actually won one of these. 
    It was also promoted on PJ’s social media channels.
  • Options
    We see contests here in Canada that aren't open to residents of Quebec. Different system of laws and the sponsors can't be bothered. I seem to remember a "worldwide" type of contest one time where the exclusions included Quebec and North Korea and Iran and a few other places.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    Weird. Didn't feel like I entered 10 contest
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    We see contests here in Canada that aren't open to residents of Quebec. Different system of laws and the sponsors can't be bothered. I seem to remember a "worldwide" type of contest one time where the exclusions included Quebec and North Korea and Iran and a few other places.
    Quebec always get the shaft.

kasedoug said:
    TK46426 said:
    It was also promoted on PJ’s social media channels.
    Yep. Each day they added a photo and link to the contest in their Instagram stories.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If some entries are US only, then surely the membership cost should reflect that? Price it as per the opportunities available.
    This isn’t exclusive to Ten Club. It has nothing to do with your membership.
  • Options
    Ten Club winner here!
    1992: 7/25 Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    1993: 11/30 Las Vegas, NV (Vault #5) - 12/1 Las Vegas, NV
    1998: 7/11 Las Vegas, NV
    2000: 10/22 Las Vegas, NV (10th anniversary)
    2003: 4/1 Denver, CO
    2006: 7/3 Denver, CO
    2014: 10/22 Denver, CO
    2020: 4/11 Phoenix, AZ
    2022: 5/9 Phoenix, AZ - 5/20 Las Vegas, NV

Eddie Vedder/Earthlings
    2022: 10/7 Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    This isn’t exclusive to Ten Club. It has nothing to do with your membership.
    I think he knows that, but in some way i understand him. It has been said before, why a contest if only US residents can win? Will there be a EU contest? Theres a EU Shop also
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    BR223133 said:
    Ten Club winner here!
    Awesome… congratulations! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BR223133 said:
    Ten Club winner here!

Congrats!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    BR223133 said:
    Ten Club winner here!
    Sweet!! Congrats dude!
  • Options
    Great to see a winner
     Well done
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    BR223133 said:
    Ten Club winner here!

You lucky sonofabitch.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    BR223133 said:
    Ten Club winner here!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!🎉
  • Options
    Any other lucky winners here win a colored Pearl Jam vinyl too? 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Can't wait! :star:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Woot!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Pap said:
    Can't wait! :star:

Me too! :) 
  • Options

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options