Options

Vault #2 Vinyl has landed at 10c

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    FR181798 said:
    Arrived in Scotland UK this afternoon. I am extremely pleased.
    How was the packing. Decent box mailer this time? Mine is nearby but still waiting.
    It has a little ding on the spin corner, nothing major. Packaging was of a low grade corrugate which reduce impact protection. A little higher spec board would have fixed this.
    Oh well fingers crossed, new I should have ordered 2.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Any photos of the music glue Vault 2 packaging?
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 755
    demetrios said:
    I threw mine away  but here are 2 from Ebay. Packaging is really thin
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    My outer box was damaged, so I knew before I even opened it up the record would be damaged.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Mine had slide around in mailer and worn thro cellophane on one corner and 'rubbed' thro the matt black slightly on a corner. Comes pre shelf worn lol. Only minor and I'll put up with it.
    Music glue vault 2 on left, record mailer much thinner than Vault 1 on right.

Vault 1 mailer, unlike Vault 2, then folds back in on itself for more protection and stop movement, and marked fragile. Also I think before they might have come with a square of bubble wrap to stop movement before but I can't recall if this is direct from Tenclub tho that had that.
    But not a great mailer on Vault 2.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    That's right. Some had bubble wrap and then they switched to wadded up paper. Now, I guess there's nothing. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    So how do y'all organize and slot these?

Even though they were the last two released on vinyl, do Vaults 1 and 2 go to the front? or the back? Or do you go by show date? 
  • Options

Even though they were the last two released on vinyl, do Vaults 1 and 2 go to the front? or the back? Or do you go by show date? 
    People have all sorts of different ways to organise their vinyl. I order them by Vault 1 then 2, 3, 4 etc. 
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    demetrios said:
    I threw mine away  but here are 2 from Ebay. Packaging is really thin

Thanks 
  • Options
    Yamrider said:
    demetrios said:

Mine had slide around in mailer and worn thro cellophane on one corner and 'rubbed' thro the matt black slightly on a corner. Comes pre shelf worn lol. Only minor and I'll put up with it.
    Music glue vault 2 on left, record mailer much thinner than Vault 1 on right.

Vault 1 mailer, unlike Vault 2, then folds back in on itself for more protection and stop movement, and marked fragile. Also I think before they might have come with a square of bubble wrap to stop movement before but I can't recall if this is direct from Tenclub tho that had that.
    But not a great mailer on Vault 2.

Thanks.

I'm glad some companies continue to bubble wrap their vinyl and ship them out properly in strong vinyl cardboard shipping boxes. I've stopped ordering vinyl from Amazon Canada as they ship their vinyl now in plastic bags. No bubble wrap or cardboard vinyl mailers. Latest Tool vinyl arrived damaged. Requested the replacement was shipped properly in a cardboard mailer, like what they have done in years. Nope. They shipped it again in a plastic bag. Horrible, just horrible. 
  • Options
    What would you do?

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    NewJPage said:
    Still no movement in IL
    Ditto - just a month old email saying the label was printed.
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    What would you do?

What the fuck
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

These go first
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,085
    Robbert said:
    What would you do?

I got a similar email, though mine must have been a bit more damaged as they offered 20%. Don’t think they can replace it as sold out. So had no choice but to accept as I don’t want to not have the record
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    Is the record damaged or playable?
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 408
    It would be great if 10c would see these posts about poor packaging from the UK store and would do something about it. Another business partner - preferably based in the EU - would be appreciated by most European fans. 
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    Is the record damaged or playable?
    No just the packaging. Annoying bent corner 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    Then id take the credit and move on.
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    It would be great if 10c would see these posts about poor packaging from the UK store and would do something about it. Another business partner - preferably based in the EU - would be appreciated by most European fans. 
    To be fair to Music Glue / Probity / Remedy fulfilment, I looked at my order history of vinyls and concert posters from them and this is the first damaged item for a long time. Selfishly I hope they can continue with the U.K. store but agree they should add a third store in the EU for people living there 
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 408
    Understood. But they charge something like 30 EUR for shipping Vinyl from the UK to Germany and they don’t even bother to use bubble wrap? Hoping, mine arrives fine later this week. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 433
    edited January 2023
    It's unacceptable to charge 10C shipping rates and then use such cheap packaging. 

$50 (edit: $65) records need to arrive mint, as advertised. 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Robbert said:
    What would you do?

I got a similar email, though mine must have been a bit more damaged as they offered 20%. Don’t think they can replace it as sold out. So had no choice but to accept as I don’t want to not have the record
    Do you have any photos of youre damaged vinyl?
  • Options
    Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    Nothing has landed in Milwaukee yet….  Trying to remain patient…
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Has anyone had their shipping status on the UPS link change from "Shipment Ready For UPS" since they were supposed to start shipping again 1/4?
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Robbert said:
    What would you do?

I did not accept the 15%. We are talking about 10 Euros. Funny as hell
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 2023
    Happy to report that mine arrived in perfect condition from the UK store. My family were relieved to say the least as a damaged sleeve or record usually puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day and often longer.

Good luck everyone, hope you find a resolution. Just because it says Sold Out there might just be a freeze on selling any more of these until all have been received. You would think that there might be a little bit of an overrun for stuff like this but then again maybe those were all shipped to 10c.

• Options
    FR181798 said:
    Happy to report that mine arrived in perfect condition from the UK store. My family were relieved to say the least as a damaged sleeve or record usually puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day and often longer.

Good luck everyone, hope you find a resolution. Just because it says Sold Out there might just be a freeze on selling any more of these until all have been received. You would think that there might be a little bit of an overrun for stuff like this but then again maybe those were all shipped to 10c.

• Options
    Tell them to piss off. And get them to donate the  money  to charity. Its not right to package shit badly
     If you did that you would get flamed on here or ebay. And have to refund. It should be a full refund. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Tell them to piss off. And get them to donate the  money  to charity. Its not right to package shit badly
     If you did that you would get flamed on here or ebay. And have to refund. It should be a full refund. 

Indeed!