Options

Vault #2 Vinyl has landed at 10c

Comments

• Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 562
    arriving Tuesday in northern CT
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 745
    Getting a bit silly now.  Maybe just update us when you know for certain rather than push it back every couple of days? 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    Believe me, 2023!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    Still saying "Shipment ready for UPS" for Illinois. Not looking good for a Christmas miracle. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Getting a bit silly now.  Maybe just update us when you know for certain rather than push it back every couple of days? 

Yeah a bit silly now. Be interesting if the US 10c ones we've seen are pressed at the same plant as the EU shop ones. Some of the entries on Discogs are wrong from previous Vaults. More than one pressing of Vault 9 etc.
  • Options
    Jayfesuk said:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

How many of the vault vinyls are sold/made on average? just curious.
    Discogs seems to have about an average of around 1300 owners of each Vault so can't imagine much more than 2000. Just a guess though.
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    FR181798 said:
    Jayfesuk said:

Discogs seems to have about an average of around 1300 owners of each Vault so can't imagine much more than 2000. Just a guess though.

I would of thought more? 2000 would put them around benaroya size?  Which you would think would command benaroya type prices.  Maybe the earlier ones? I would think the more recent ones had larger pressings due to the continued growth of the vinyl popularity.   2000 seems really small.  Maybe 3000 to 5000?
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I would think the majority of owners were not on Discogs. But what do I know.
  • Options
    Only 700 owners not being on Discogs out of 2000. 

No.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited December 2022
    Is this this years vault? Or are we still waiitng on last years? Can't remember anymore...

Must be this years.. So The vic 2007 was 2022:s Vault. Hmm. Okey. And then Toledo 2004 next year maybe. Cool.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I just checked my order history and discovered that I ordered two Riot Act shirts. One a month ago and one the other day. I just received one yesterday.  I guess that's what I ordered a month ago.

But yes...the Vic is 2022's vault. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Is this this years vault? Or are we still waiitng on last years? Can't remember anymore...

Must be this years.. So The vic 2007 was 2022:s Vault. Hmm. Okey. And then Toledo 2004 next year maybe. Cool.
    Sure... if they have schedule. The last two pre-orders were November 2021 and May 2022. So either we are due for another pre-order, it will be in the spring or it will be a totally random date. I'm betting on when ever they get around to it. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

If you mean Reading 2004 then I agree.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725

I'm guessing this Vault vinyl release was manufactured in the USA, not in the EU. Why 10club already has their copies in while Music Glue UK doesn't as they have been updated with a release date of December 23rd. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

If you mean Reading 2004 then I agree.  
    Dublin 1995 and Toledo 2004. Synergy. Win win. Everyone wins. Hype up the Neil Young Pearl Jam double bill 2024 European tour.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    RS65573 said:
    2000 is just what I was thinking. Could well be more, double?. If you collect stuff like this why wouldn't you be on discogs.
    Thought most collectors of modern vinyl use discogs these days.

Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    FR181798 said:
    Jayfesuk said:

I would of thought more? 2000 would put them around benaroya size?  Which you would think would command benaroya type prices.  Maybe the earlier ones? I would think the more recent ones had larger pressings due to the continued growth of the vinyl popularity.   2000 seems really small.  Maybe 3000 to 5000?
    The number pressed and value don't always go quite hand in hand. Yes it a major factor but some records just find a level where no one wants to sell it for less and no one wants to buy it for more.

• Options
    FR181798 said:
    RS65573 said:
    2000 is just what I was thinking. Could well be more, double?. If you collect stuff like this why wouldn't you be on discogs.

I'm a collector. I don't have my collection up on discogs but I search the site for deals & info.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:
    RS65573 said:

I'm a collector. I don't have my collection up on discogs but I search the site for deals & info.
    Having your collection uploaded to discogs is great from an insurance perspective, if nothing else. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    To add some positivity, I think this might be the first vault where the tracking works (me, being in Canada).  10c gave me a UPS tracking number (I think there used to be one behind the scenes but you won't see it advance), and now that UPS handed it over to USPS, there's a USPS tracking number, which now caused Canada Post to track it too. 

Not to shabby.  Currently in Los Angeles :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    To add some positivity, I think this might be the first vault where the tracking works (me, being in Canada).  10c gave me a UPS tracking number (I think there used to be one behind the scenes but you won't see it advance), and now that UPS handed it over to USPS, there's a USPS tracking number, which now caused Canada Post to track it too. 

Last few vaults I was able to track on Canada Post. Once UPS updates with a USPS tracking number I could then track with Canada Post. 

• Options
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:
    RS65573 said:

Having your collection uploaded to discogs is great from an insurance perspective, if nothing else. 
    It's a bit of a job getting it all on there in the first place but every time I get a new record I just add it straight away. Most new/ modern stuff is quick and easy to input in my case as I know what it is without looking at deadwax and stuff. The tricky stuff is random used 70s and 80s reissues where you might not have paid much attention to the country of pressing etc.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    I feel like Ralphie checking the mailbox for his Little Orphan Annie decoder pin. I keep checking my order history shipping tracking number hoping to see something other than "Shipment Ready for UPS". Oh, skunked again. 
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:
    RS65573 said:

It's a bit of a job getting it all on there in the first place but every time I get a new record I just add it straight away. Most new/ modern stuff is quick and easy to input in my case as I know what it is without looking at deadwax and stuff. The tricky stuff is random used 70s and 80s reissues where you might not have paid much attention to the country of pressing etc.

It is a challenge, but one I learned to enjoy. Then you have an old record without a listing and you have to enter it yourself… now that’s when you are a discoger. 

Like I said, it gives you an estimated dollar value of your collection. Take a few photos to show they exist and have it catalogued. Any unfortunate disaster strikes your home and you will get some cash to recover some of your precious vinyl. 
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:
    RS65573 said:

Be careful on that, insurance companies will not accept Discogs collection lists as proof of value. 
  • Options
    Zod said:

Vault shipment just updated this morning. 

It's in Canada.
    Richmond, BC Canada.

:)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Mine should be delivered on wed!! NJ
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    Mine says Thursday on Long Island 
  • Options
    jrs31jrs31 Posts: 42
    Got mine today in Ontario!