Mods can close

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
edited December 2022 in Lost Dogs
Wondering if I have 
www.cluthelee.com

Mods can close 39 votes

Yes
87%
leep75lastchild11DukeSpiriton2legsHollisBrownlastexitlondonmookieblalockpdalowskyIndifference71Go AnimalBentleyspopbobear05PM16037static111Joey EakinsZodbzouidenCaught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightningmace1229HesCalledDyer 34 votes
No
12%
Lesbelgesjefftdc07cfF Me In The Brainandrew68 5 votes
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,277
    Yes
    I started collecting when the bug hit me hard and I bought every poster for a few years. Eventually I found the style/artist I really like and actually hang on the walls. Kept those and the ones from my shows and started selling the rest.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Yes
    Probably, but I'm the wrong person to ask.  I only buy posters for the shows I go to, and for shows that had 5 posters for 1 show, I bought the 1 or 2 I liked the most.  The ones I liked the most are framed all over the house.  The ones in storage (other then 5 or 6 waiting to get framed) are probably never going to get framed.   It's probably less than 10 so I never do anything about it, but I should sell them one day.
  • Yes
    I get losing the passion to continue to collect, but if the items you own do not bring you joy, it seems like it's time to divest.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    Wait a year.  Unless you want to do something specifically with any money from the sales I would suggest waiting to see how you feel down the road.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,662
    Yes
    I was worried I'd sell and regret it, but I can honestly say ive missed nothing. Its been quite cathartic in all seriousness. But do retain the things you really like or that are already framed
  • Yes
    100% agree with Paul's comments.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Yes
    I used to collect lots of them but now only for the shows I go to.  I've been purging some of my collection over the past year or so. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pdalowsky said:
    I was worried I'd sell and regret it, but I can honestly say ive missed nothing. Its been quite cathartic in all seriousness. But do retain the things you really like or that are already framed
    This. I am only going to keep a few that I really love & sell the rest, I think.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Yes
    Ditto
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Yes
    I am in the process of selling off most of my large record collection. I have so much and can't possibly sit and enjoy them all to warrant having such a big collection. If I can whittle it down to a couple hundred or so, I would feel much better. Plus the money in my bank account would be very welcome. Good luck.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Yes
    mfc2006 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    This. I am only going to keep a few that I really love & sell the rest, I think.
    Yep.  This is what I've been slowly doing.  I'm keeping a few but I'm never going to have enough wall space to put them all up and it's silly to have so many of them just sitting in a portfolio in a closet.
    mfc2006 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Yep.  This is what I've been slowly doing.  I'm keeping a few but I'm never going to have enough wall space to put them all up and it's silly to have so many of them just sitting in a portfolio in a closet.
    We have a pretty good sized basement and I am almost out of wall space down there. On top of that, our basement may be converted into a different space soon...so it's getting close to being the time to sell off some of these posters.

I'm trying to do the same with my record collection, just like lexicon. Selling a few here & there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    No
    ebb and flow for me when it comes to collecting in general 

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    pdalowsky said:
    This. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Yes
    Start slowly. I haven't missed any of my PJ stuff Ive sold, but I do miss some other items I sold. Unfortunately I sold a bunch at once before I thought Id miss it and will probably never get most of it back.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Thought I was the only one lol, but seems many of us are starting to feel the same way.  I have started to let go of a lot of items, and almost always find that I don't miss it one bit once its gone.  Scaling back and saving the items I find truly special, and letting go of the rest.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • I'd say yes. Unless you have a mancave (or woman-cave for purposes of inclusivity), multiple houses, or a very chill spouse/partner that's willing to let you put up as many posters as you like, it gets pretty hard (nevermind, expensive) to frame and hang posters all over your place. I used to collect a lot more but now really only purchase posters from shows I've been to.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I sold my REM as well as my Simpsons collections.  They were just sitting in boxes for many years.

The money didn't make a huge difference in my life, but it was nice to free up some space at home.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I'd say yes. Unless you have a mancave (or woman-cave for purposes of inclusivity), multiple houses, or a very chill spouse/partner that's willing to let you put up as many posters as you like, it gets pretty hard (nevermind, expensive) to frame and hang posters all over your place. I used to collect a lot more but now really only purchase posters from shows I've been to.
    I have even stopped buying posters for the shows I attend unless its a great one.  The stickers lately have been the much cooler (and cheaper/easier) thing for me to collect for each show, tbh
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Yes
    Half thinking of doing the same myself at face value, duplicates first where i have an AP.
    Kearnsy
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Thanks all! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Kearn5y said:
    Half thinking of doing the same myself at face value, duplicates first where i have an AP.

Nice!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I have bought, regretted, sold, regretted, rebought, regretted, the cycle, etc. Only show poster I'm missing is Fargo 2003, which I had (stupidly block mounted, ruining it), sold, and now don't want to buy again as it's a crazy price. Only "attended show" poster I'm missing. 

so not having my full collection, I don't know if I should keep the rest (only 3). Most are still in my portfolio, as I don't have much room to frame (other posters signed by bands that I've framed). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Yes
    Keep some of them that have more meaning to you, sell off the ones that you won't hang. I have often hit up people on the boards when I have something they are looking for and find a great pleasure in providing them something they will hang and cherish instead of sitting in my flat file. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    edited December 2022
    I don't think you sell them. I think you sell them to another random Chris on the 10C forums.

Seriously though, I hate clutter. I think in another life I may have been a minimalist! But do what makes you feel best. I feel like deep down you know what posters you really want. The rest are just "things". Sell them and use the funds to create a memorable overnight trip for you and the wife/family in KC/Nashville/Louisville/Chicago. I'm a firm believer that the best most "worth it" purchases are those of travel. 

*edited to ask if you've ever visited Giolas in STL. I know you're from that red bird town. Wish we could have met up while in town in Sept. But we did swing by Giolas and we both LOVED our sandwiches. 
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Yes
    Anything from 2018 and newer dump.
    Unless you were at the shows. I have the Ohana 2021 posters & OKC & really like them all. Although, I am considering dropping the EV & PJ Pettibon prints and just keeping the VW bus.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Yes
    mfc2006 said:
    Unless you were at the shows. I have the Ohana 2021 posters & OKC & really like them all. Although, I am considering dropping the EV & PJ Pettibon prints and just keeping the VW bus.
    There were a TON of new people buying ANYTHING that came out. 2018 is when I stopped buying even the cool ones, not that there were many I would even had purchased.

Ohana was cool but again, wasn't grabbing me if I didn't attend.